GUILTY CA - Sandra Coke, 50, Oakland, 4 Aug 2013

So I wonder if Sandra had flyers for her dog out posted somewhere or if she ever posted on Craigslist or any social media site.

I agree, doesn't look like there will be a good outcome. Very unfortunate and sad.

Can't imagine going alone to meet with a someone who was messing with me already, or who was a known thief!! I wonder why she felt safe doing this? This is a terrible thing for her family to deal with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oke-missing-going-meet-mysterious-caller.html

Her dog was stolen in May. The call was made right before she disappeared.

This is still confusing, when the call came in. The spokesman said the call came in and she left to go meet the caller and further down the article this appears:

"A stranger at one point called Coke with information related to her pet.
'And said, 'I have information about your dog. How much is your dog worth to you?' And she still got nothing,' Sandra Coke's sister Tanya Coke told ABC Bay Area affiliate KGO. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-meet-mysterious-caller.html#ixzz2bPDv2ztE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, a stranger "at one point" called and tried to extort money. Did that stranger call weeks ago, or moments before Sandra left her home?

So this article says someone had "PREVIOUSLY" called with information about her dog, so maybe there were two separate calls? One in the past and one on the day she disappeared?

If there was one on the day she disappeared, that seems like it would be very easy to track. Also, the person may have said something much more believable than the extortion person who no one with any sense would believe. If someone called and said they found a scraggly dog out in the neighborhood, maybe it was hers because it had been there for quite some time, that would certainly be worth checking in to. Or, like a person posing as a dog groomer who says we just got a dog in that looks just like yours, that would be believable.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...investigator-from-calif-missing-since-sunday/

I could be wrong but I thought there were 2 calls, one back in May wanting money, and the recent one stating they had information on the dog.

If you watch this video, it's stated that she was indeed going out to meet someone who called about the dog.
http://m.ktvu.com/videos/news/berkeley-family-of-missing-oakland-woman-plead/v8P4S/

I could have sworn I read a past article that said they'd arrested one person for the home burglary after it happened, but I can't find it. Did I imagine it? Does anyone else remember reading that? I don't want to start a rumor.

I'm wondering if that's how she knew to plaster her missing dog posters in Richmond and mention in her CL ad that her dog may be in Richmond (like, if the one perp they caught lived there). And let's not forget one of her cell phones was found in Richmond. Though Richmond is close, it's not THAT close. If my house got robbed, I wouldn't think "Someone from Richmond", for example. So she must have known something.

I hope they can get some info from her phones.

Within hours of an offer of a $100,000 reward for information in the disappearance of criminal defense investigator Sandra Coke, a family spokeswoman confirmed Thursday evening that Oakland police were questioning Coke's ex-boyfriend as a person of interest in the disappearance.

Multiple Bay Area news outlets reported that the man was Randy Alana, 56, a registered sex offender previously convicted of kidnapping and rape.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...00-000-reward-offered-information-sandra-coke

Later in the article it says they briefly dated 20 years ago so I think leading with "ex-boyfriend" is a little misleading but the article that CatFancier posted does say they'd been in contact recently and she was "trying to help him turn his life around."

Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson would not say during an Oakland news conference if investigators believe Sandra Coke, 50, was still alive. She said that Coke was seen Sunday night with Randy Alana, who a family spokeswoman said Coke had dated about 20 years ago.

A Solano County sheriff's spokesman said, however, that his department had been asked to assign its search and rescue team to the fairgrounds. The team includes dogs trained to detect human remains.

The spokesman told the Vallejo Times-Herald that the search that began at about 8 p.m. is for a body. He added that the search would include not only the fairgrounds area, but a swath that includes part of nearby Lake Chabot.

Alana, who Watson described as a "person of interest" in the disappearance, has a lengthy criminal history, including convictions for kidnapping and rape, a murder charge - for which he was eventually acquitted - and a no-contest plea in a fatal prison stabbing.

From the above link.

A family friend, Laura Burstein, said Thursday that Coke dated Alana more than 20 years ago. Another friend, Dan Abrahamson, told KGO-TV, that Alana recently reappeared in the Bay Area and reached out to Coke for help.

Alana was being held in jail without bail Thursday. He is considered a high-risk sex offender as state records show he has convictions for rape and kidnapping.

Yikes.. Doesn't look good at all. So sad. I'm so sick of these repeat offenders getting second chances in life. Gosh!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/randy-alana-sandra-coke_n_3731303.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Holy cow, that guy is one scary piece of work. They dated twenty years ago, I wonder if he's been carrying some sort of grudge that's been festering all this time?

I agree it doesn't look good.

Holy cow, that guy is one scary piece of work. They dated twenty years ago, I wonder if he's been carrying some sort of grudge that's been festering all this time?

I agree it doesn't look good.

He recently reached out to her the article said. He may have asked for financial help and could have been angry because she wouldn't/couldn't help him.

Local channel KTVU reporting breaking news that a female body has been found in Vacaville.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back