Identified! CA - Santa Cruz Co, WhtMale 17-20, UP3067, ''Eric from Florida'', Dec'98 - Eric Cupo

No ruleouts on UID.
Rule outs on Erik Patchin attached

Per Reveal
UID-dentals available/entered.
DNA submitted/tests complete
Erik - dentals available/entered.

I believe this should make it an auto rule out but they look so similar and those that killed him seemed to travel between CA and FL frequently.

Attachments

• D7C1AC39-E658-4E84-BA40-C22E5CC45029.jpeg
    D7C1AC39-E658-4E84-BA40-C22E5CC45029.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 21
No ruleouts on UID.
Rule outs on Erik Patchin attached

Per Reveal
UID-dentals available/entered.
Erik - dentals available/entered.

I believe this should make it an auto rule out but they look so similar and those that killed him seemed to travel between CA and FL frequently.

You would think this could be an automatic rule out, but I'm not that sure it works all the time that way. There are some twists and turns about that, for what I read about this auto-matching. I wonder why they compared so many VA uid's.

What's bugging me is that Erik had thick curly hair and as far as we know this is not the case with UID.

I wish there was more info in this. I’m not sure what I’m looking for but not getting a clear picture:

“Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, He had a shaven head and a 5 inch pony tail on the back of his head, The pony tail had beads and other material woven into it.”

Random beads here and there or string of beads, other material? What “other material”?

I wish there was more info in this. I’m not sure what I’m looking for but not getting a clear picture:

“Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, He had a shaven head and a 5 inch pony tail on the back of his head, The pony tail had beads and other material woven into it.”

Random beads here and there or string of beads, other material? What “other material”?

When my son had very long dreads and was traveling, girls put all kind of things in it. Beads, colorful threads...what not....

Last edited:
Also I think Anna (his friend) could have knows more about him....or they were "ships in the night"....I think she was a juvenile because they didn't expose her identity. Searched for possible Anna's missing in the same timeframe, but I came up with nothing serious.

Just for reference, this is what the Hare Krishna haircut referenced earlier looks like, more or less:

http://celibatemonk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/sikha-1.jpg?201780

There are variations, but I don't remember beads and such being part of it. I think similar haircuts are common among Hindu devotees of other sects as well; Hare Krishna is just the one you're most likely to see in the US.

Attachments

• Michael L Page.jpg
    Michael L Page.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 37
Is anyone still following this one? The person below is 5 inches off and the eyes are brown vs blue, but there is a strong resemblance. Is it worth looking into further?

Michael L Page
Missing from Ripley, California. October 1, 1998.
Unidentified found Boulder Creek, CA. Dec 27, 1998.
Missing:
Missing Person Case
Michael L. Page – The Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 1685DMCA
Unidentified:
Unidentified Person Case
1208UMCA
Map:
Google Maps

Looks indeed very similar. The body was very decomposed, so I wonder if they have the color of his eyes from hearsay....

Is anyone still following this one? The person below is 5 inches off and the eyes are brown vs blue, but there is a strong resemblance. Is it worth looking into further?

Michael L Page
Missing from Ripley, California. October 1, 1998.
Unidentified found Boulder Creek, CA. Dec 27, 1998.
Missing:
Missing Person Case
Michael L. Page – The Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 1685DMCA
Unidentified:
Unidentified Person Case
1208UMCA
Map:
Google Maps
I would look into it further. They definitely look similar

Date of Discovery: December 27, 1998
Location of Discovery: Boulder Creek, Santa Cruz County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 3-6 weeks prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide by stabbing

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 16-20 years old
Height: 5'7" to 5'8"
Weight: 150-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown. Hair shaved at 2-3 inches with a 5 inch pony tail on the back of his head. The pony tail had beads and other material woven into it.
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The victim likely used recreational drugs, as opiates were found in his system.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: maroon or dark red long sleeved turtle neck shirt (size large), white socks and Kikwear91 brand pants made of very heavy blue denim with very wide legs.
Jewelry: 16 inch long, large diameter beaded chain necklace. The necklace had silver 3/8" diameter spheres connected by short lengths of chain.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in a remote mountain area on a steep hillside. The perpetrators were arrested and convicted of the murder of this young man. His identity was unknown to the perpetrators. It is thought that his name might be Eric and that he was from Florida and was currently homeless. He was accompanied by a girlfriend who had a Toyota auto with white license plates. Her name is Anna. The motive for his murder was that he had a gun which they wanted.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available

Investigating Agency(s)
Santa Cruz County Sheriff-Coroner (831) 454-7790
Wendy Ramm or Dakota Clark
Agency Case Number: 98-13920
NCIC Case Number: U180850338

Information Source(s)
The Doe Network
NamUs