Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Found Alive CA - Sarah Cheiker, 89, Los Angeles, 2008

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Oct 12, 2014.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

[​IMG]
    James Caccavo displays a photograph of himself and Sarah Cheiker, taken at an assisted living facility in Maine in 2012. Caccavo says Cheiker told him she never sold her old L.A. home, which was bulldozed after she was allegedly taken by a trio of people who sold the home and spent her money. (Mel Melcon / Los Angeles Times)

Elderly L.A. woman vanishes, is found alone in Maine four years later
    Read more here - http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-woman-vanished-20141012-story.html

[​IMG]
    For decades, Sarah Cheiker lived on Edinburgh Avenue in Los Angeles' Fairfax district. After she disappeared in 2008, her bungalow was sold, razed and replaced by a larger house. A neighbor says Cheiker, now in her 90s, who reappeared in Maine, contends she never sold the house. (Mel Melcon / Los Angeles Times)

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Mail has it too...

Woman, 89, who vanished four years ago in LA is found living in Maine shack
    after being abandoned by mysterious young friends who 'spent her fortune'

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Terrible story, and what a travesty they walked free after Sarah's years of suffering. The twins Nicholas and Barbara Davis received probation, along with their son Jonathan. They sold Sarah's house and ran off with the money and her. I suppose it's lucky nothing worse was done to her.

5. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

This is horrible.. Glad that Sarah was ok because of her neighbor. But this makes me wonder of how many old people out there that are found and nobody knows who they are...THis happens so often and it's heartbreaking. Has anyone heard the whereabouts of Barbara Nicholas and their son? Iam sure there up to no good.. And sadly when I here of a missing old person I think of these guys..

6. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member