Identified! CA - Saratoga, WhtFem UP14683, 15-24, off Hwy 9, black floral top, Dec'14 - Name Not Released

I just did submit by email with copies to Dustin Driscoll of NamUs, Herman Leon of the Santa Clara County MedEx office, and the Surrey BC RCMP Missing Persons Unit.

Upon further research, I see that Layla Low is wanted by the RCMP on drug trafficking charges, according to a June 2016 announcement.

A mugshot is shown and indicates that she is currently 22 years old, though it is still not clear when that mugshot was taken, or when she was last seen.

Nevertheless, it is obvious that she has been located since the November 21, 2009 date of last contact indicated on her NAMPN page.

And it is likely (though not stated in the articles) that she was seen since the Jane Doe was located (December 14, 2014).

http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/surrey-rcmp-announce-more-arrests-in-drug-ring-investigation

While it wouldn't be unusual for drug traffickers to off someone before they could talk, it sounds like she must have been alive in March to May of this year. Those are recent charges they're talking about.

Upon further research, I see that Layla Low is wanted by the RCMP on drug trafficking charges, according to a June 2016 announcement.

A mugshot is shown and indicates that she is currently 22 years old, though it is still not clear when that mugshot was taken, or when she was last seen.

Nevertheless, it is obvious that she has been located since the November 21, 2009 date of last contact indicated on her NAMPN page.

And it is likely (though not stated in the articles) that she was seen since the Jane Doe was located (December 14, 2014).

http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/surrey-rcmp-announce-more-arrests-in-drug-ring-investigation

There seem to be a lot of people on Namus who aren't actually missing right? Have come across this a few times.

There seem to be a lot of people on Namus who aren't actually missing right? Have come across this a few times.

Yes, there are a few of those that I'm aware of.

Layla is in NAMPN though.

I have a friend who went missing here in California back in 2011 Karissa Schell but it doesn't really look like her..

Can someone please explain to me why if she's still missing it is a closed thread?

Can someone please explain to me why if she's still missing it is a closed thread?

From what I understand the thread is in a subforum called "missing children in America" which has no discussion. It's just the information given by LE and links to NamUs/Charley/FB pages/etc

I think they might close threads that don't get any comments after a certain amount of time.

Karissa's pages list her as 5'6 which is quite a lot taller than Jane Doe - is that how tall you recall Karissa being? Height is often misreported so would hate to rule her out just based on that.

If there is any other information you think would be useful that you could share about your friend, please do. Like do you think it's likely she could have gone on the run for a few years without contacting her family? Are the clothes shown above the kind of things she would wear?

It's kind of a confusing situation... We were friends on FaceBook, I have friends who knew her/dated her and I had talked to her on the phone/texting/FB and there was a couple times we were at the same parties but we didn't know each other at that time.. So I've always felt kind of weird talking about it cause I've never met her in real life but we did talk a lot and the day after she went missing and I had seen people post on her wall I had just happened to be on FB on a computer and saw her online! I messaged her and asked her why she hasn't texted me and she said her phone died and I made her promise to charge it and text me but she never did.. And never logged on or made contact with anyone to my knowledge... But from what I know of her home life it was pretty relaxed... As in she didn't have to sorry about getting in trouble much or being grounded if she had runaway, from what she had said to me she didn't seem like she needed to run away, not that she had freedom 100% but that she could hangout with friends whenever since she was on independent studies.. From what I recall when i talked to her friend who's house she was at that night she left with 2 guys and said she'd be back in the morning and these 2 guys supposedly were gone for a week after this happened and they were never even questioned by police.. But that's just what her friend(who idk her last name so I can't seem to find her on FB to confirm anything) had told me.. Man if I had know what I know now, I wouldn't have let her get offline so easily I would've asked her more questions... But her FB is still up if you want I'll find the link and post it I'm still friends with her on there so I can see everything still..

Also, sorry for the long post btw.. But I believe she was from Iowa originally, I had thought maybe she tried to go back there so anywhere from here in Turlock to there I always thought she might be.. But at the time she went missing I had thought she maybe tried to go to San fransisco because it was around 4/20 and thought maybe she had tried to go to hippie hill.. Idk it's all confusing the cops here suck none of them really reacted correctly with this case.. Plus there's an inaccurate news article stating she was living around the area(which the exact street she was supposedly seen on is a few streets down from me and I hung out around there a lot at that time yet I never saw her..) plus once she turned 18 why would she continue hiding? How would she be going about her life without any of the essentials you need to survive to live(drivers license, SSN, etc)??

Also, sorry for the long post btw.. But I believe she was from Iowa originally, I had thought maybe she tried to go back there so anywhere from here in Turlock to there I always thought she might be.. But at the time she went missing I had thought she maybe tried to go to San fransisco because it was around 4/20 and thought maybe she had tried to go to hippie hill.. Idk it's all confusing the cops here suck none of them really reacted correctly with this case.. Plus there's an inaccurate news article stating she was living around the area(which the exact street she was supposedly seen on is a few streets down from me and I hung out around there a lot at that time yet I never saw her..) plus once she turned 18 why would she continue hiding? How would she be going about her life without any of the essentials you need to survive to live(drivers license, SSN, etc)??

Thank you for sharing all that information. I don't think you're allowed to link to her social media on this site because of websleuths rules.

It sounds like foul play may sadly be possible in her case from what you've said - but at the same time if she may have headed off on her own then it could be possible that she lived a few more years.

If I were you I would do two things:
1) contact a websleuths admin to get her thread on here re-opened, then you could add the info you've shared here to that and it might help to get some more users interested in looking into her case.
2) if you feel like there's a chance she could be this Saratoga Jane Doe (and the geographical area seems right for a start) then you could submit her as a possible match to the contact on Jane Doe's Namus page, the details are in the very first post on this thread.

Obviously, you do what you feel comfortable doing. I understand that it may feel awkward but you can do all of these things anonymously if you wish. It's great that you are keeping your friend's memory alive and that there is someone looking out for her and trying to find out what happened.

I think they might close threads that don't get any comments after a certain amount of time.

Snipped by me. Yes, it's to prevent spambots from latching on and flooding the forums. Several sites I'm on do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can post the SM of a missing person.

Thank you for sharing all that information. I don't think you're allowed to link to her social media on this site because of websleuths rules.

It sounds like foul play may sadly be possible in her case from what you've said - but at the same time if she may have headed off on her own then it could be possible that she lived a few more years.

If I were you I would do two things:
1) contact a websleuths admin to get her thread on here re-opened, then you could add the info you've shared here to that and it might help to get some more users interested in looking into her case.
2) if you feel like there's a chance she could be this Saratoga Jane Doe (and the geographical area seems right for a start) then you could submit her as a possible match to the contact on Jane Doe's Namus page, the details are in the very first post on this thread.

Obviously, you do what you feel comfortable doing. I understand that it may feel awkward but you can do all of these things anonymously if you wish. It's great that you are keeping your friend's memory alive and that there is someone looking out for her and trying to find out what happened.

I say submit Karissa Schell, then she will be checked and at least ruled out.

How far away is Saratoga from Santa Cruz? I remember y'all talking about here possibly being a runaway staying in Santa Cruz, but there's a reason they call it "filthy Santa Cruz," and that blouse would not blend in well. I just don't think that if she was a runaway she'd have been a runaway for very long. Again, all speculation is due to her blouse, which she could have just been borrowing from someone. So I don't know.

How far away is Saratoga from Santa Cruz? I remember y'all talking about here possibly being a runaway staying in Santa Cruz, but there's a reason they call it "filthy Santa Cruz," and that blouse would not blend in well. I just don't think that if she was a runaway she'd have been a runaway for very long. Again, all speculation is due to her blouse, which she could have just been borrowing from someone. So I don't know.
25 miles or 30 minutes. You take CA-17 in either direction. I've done that a few times while I lived there. I think you can even take transit as well.

Lots of runaways/homeless in Santa Cruz, mainly due to the perfect weather and the relaxed atmosphere.

it is less than a half hour and you can take 9 over the hill.

there are all kinds in santa cruz. of course there are the punk movement, but there are any type of character there.

my step daughter wore a lot of that type of flowy, floral clothing and she is Hispanic and a little rough around the edges at times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back