Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by believe09, Oct 2, 2008.
The victim is a male in his late teens early 20's.
I wonder how old the skull is exactly. One of the cases that I have been following for awhile is the case of a man who went missing in santa cruz in 1995, his name was Cengiz Nuray, I wonder if by any chance it may be him, I don't live in California so my news probably won't have anything about this persons ID if and when they find out who the man is.
The skull and body were actually in Santa Cruz County. It's next to Santa Clara County, but very different. Here is the latest I could find....
Unfortunately, I don't think this would be Nuray. The body found in Santa Cruz has been deceased only a few months. What is really sad is that this sounds like someone that might be here illegally. No one comes forth in these cases, due to the fact that the fear of deportation keeps people silent. A sad fact, but true in CA, TX, AZ, and NM.
Still a mystery
Unidentified White / Hispanic Male
* The victim was discovered on September 30, 2008 in Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz County, California
* Estimated Date of Death: 2-12 Months prior
* Estimated age: 14-20 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Tall, thin build, with dark brown or black hair
* Clothing: He was wearing a distinctive gold/diamond ring and a blue button-up shirt. The shirt features an all white joker with sunglasses holding a scepter and pointing. The shirt reads "Magic the Joker's Wild." The gold band has a solitaire diamond in the middle with four, smaller diamonds on either side set in pairs, one diamond stacked on top of the other. The smaller diamonds are bordered by copper strips.
Santa Cruz County sheriff's deputies found a decomposed body in the woods near Glenwood Drive Wednesday after a hiker found a human skull on a walking trail. Searchers were unable to find the body until the following day. It’s been determined the man was the victim of a homicide.
I mostly lurk in these forums and don't know anything about finding matches for these unidentified. I feel bad for cases like these where there is so little attention given. I could not find these young man in Namus. Is it an impossible case? I found a few missing people on Charley who could match just given height and time frame but how would they ever know if it was a match or not?
Bumping this up
I'm wondering if the height could be a typo?
I just find it odd that he's described as 'tall & thin' yet his height is listed as 5'3"
I absolutely have seen a similar shirt to that one, on the back of some guys at a bike show. It has been several years and the logo may not have been exact, but it was similar.
The Jokers Wild is a motorcycle club.
I am in the east, pretty far from California, so maybe they have more than one chapter or maybe there is more than one Jokers Wild club.
I am pretty sure I saw the colors in Pittsburgh PA or Morgantown, WV.
Anyone able to blow up that shirt so we can get a better look? I could not.
This shirt appears to have been mass produced by a company called Dragonfly. It is not currently in their catalog and was not anything custom made for a motorcycle club though the art sure looks it. Old ones do turn up occasionally on ebay. Dead end.
Separate names with a comma.