Nickname/Alias
Shani Dennis, Shani Voyles

Height: 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight: 140 lbs

NamUs Case Created: December 12, 2008

Last Known Location: Bakersfield, California
Kern County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Unknown. Shani was last seen at a relative's residence in the 1300 block of Emery Ave. in Bakersfield, CA.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue

Surgical scar from cesarean section, scars on wrist.

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing: Gray pullover, light blue jeans
Footwear: White athletic shoes

Estes was last seen at her husband's residence in the 1300 block of Emery Avenue in Bakersfield, California on November 24, 2005. She and her husband were separated at the time of her disappearance, and she was staying with friends in Oildale, California.
Estes's husband paid for her to stay in a hotel in Bakersfield on the night of her disappearance, so she could spend time with their daughter. He stated she came to his home with their young daughter at 2:00 a.m. and the couple argued for several hours.
Estes's husband stated that while Estes was on the telephone, he went into another room with their daughter. He heard a door slam and when he looked, Estes was gone. She has never been heard from again.
Estes has a history of leaving home without telling anyone, but she has never been gone for more than a few days before. Her husband is not being called a suspect in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
Kern County Sheriff's Department
661-861-3110
661-391-7500

Information from:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Shani Ann Estes – The Charley Project

New to this and trying to find out why Shani Estes name is coming up on a Jane Doe who in no way fits Shani's description.

New to this and trying to find out why Shani Estes name is coming up on a Jane Doe who in no way fits Shani's description.

Hello "Aunt," I can't if you are a relative, but if so, I am so sorry your family is missing a loved-one.
Here on Websleuths, we sometimes try to make these matches. I looked on the link (on my post above from November 2020) for the Jane Doe and noticed Shani's name was posted in that thread by a very experienced member who is also a moderator here. So I'm tagging him here, so he can explain further. You will need to click on "Inbox" at the top of your screen if he responds to you in a private message. @CarlK90245

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back