GUILTY Ca - Shauna Haynes, 21, Found In Suitcase, San Diego, 6 April 2016 *arrest*

BBM - Whenever I see someone rolling a suitcase down the street, my curious mind starts wondering what is inside!

I hate to think of all the things we drive past everyday without ever knowing something nefarious occurred.

Glad to hear the sister of the couple was ruled out but now I'm wondering what happened to her. [emoji848]

I am just ill knowing that I drove right by this poor lady. :-(

You know what else? I was at the Mission Valley mall the night of the Belvedere/Flint murder a few years ago too. Just...UGH. Creepy.

Thought: A St leads directly to the on ramp of 163 North, it's only a few blocks from 7th and A. If the perp was in a car, that would be the fastest way to scram, imo.

So much weird stuff is happening on any downtown corner at any given time of the day, the average person wouldn't notice someone throwing something in the trash. Might be a different story if one of us happened to be in the area at the right time. Our time spent reading and interacting here has given us all a new pair of eyes that allows us to see what others don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out the location is familiar to the perp though.

I am just ill knowing that I drove right by this poor lady. :-(

You know what else? I was at the Mission Valley mall the night of the Belvedere/Flint murder a few years ago too. Just...UGH. Creepy.

Yikes!! [emoji174]

I felt the same about the McStay family, I drove past their Fallbrook home 100's of times and always wondered if they were buried somewhere nearby.

Snipped and BBM
New motto -- Never open strange suitcases.

Same motto here. My DH once found a new backpack on a train platform, picked it up, and looked inside. It was full of vomit.

No big news really, but this is what I heard on the local news just now:

-The body is a 21 year old San Diego woman.
-Body was not dismembered.
-Man who discovered the suitcase while taking out his trash didn't sleep at all last night.
-The suitcase had hair sticking out of the zippered area.
-Couple on news, the woman's sister was not the body. Her sister is okay.
-Det. Rick Carlson says the suitcase may have been the closest thing available to conceal the body.
-LE will be looking for clues from cameras, locations & where the suitcase came from, and the victim.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31659731/suitcase-containing-human-remains-found-in-downtown-san-diego

Snipped and BBM

Same motto here. My DH once found a new backpack on a train platform, picked it up, and looked inside. It was full of vomit.

Yuck!!!

I won't feel so bad about my paranoia of touching anything suspicious and leaving my finger prints and DNA on it now.

-Man who discovered the suitcase while taking out his trash didn't sleep at all last night.
-Det. Rick Carlson says the suitcase may have been the closest thing available to conceal the body.
-LE will be looking for clues from cameras, locations & where the suitcase came from, and the victim.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31659731/suitcase-containing-human-remains-found-in-downtown-san-diego

Here's something new about the man who discovered the body - he is an employee at the hotel. And this article says the suitcase was next to the bins, not in one of them.

Also LE said there is no obvious COD - could be something like an overdose and someone panicked.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/07/girls-body-found-stuffed-in-suitcase-near-san-diego-hotel/

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/01/08/missing-san-diego-woman-may-be-headed-to-washington/

This young woman was reported missing in January......I can't find any update that she's been found....

The young woman, a traveling performer, mentioned in the article you linked above was found alive. She had a thread here on WS.

And I think Elizabeth Sullivan was older than twenty-one, but she is still missing.
Any other young women of petite frame with longer dark hair missing from San Diego?

I hope LE announces who the girl was and her circumstances. This case is going to keep bugging me until they catch who did this.

I always give the side eye to the people that come in to my work(library) rolling their suitcase.
I'm here WAY too often.

BBM

LE knows the victim is from San Diego? That must mean she has an ID on her?
??

Years ago, you rarely saw people rolling suitcases around everyday. It's so common now.
The rolling suitcase is a great invention, but I don't want to live out of one or end up in one.

so...

Doesn't San Diego have any official Missing Persons Site? I had posted one on Elizabeth's thread, but it isn't updated often and seems useless. Anybody know of a local Missing Persons Site?

Elizabeth Sullivan was 31yrs. old at the time she went missing, but she looks petite and has dark hair. She may have left voluntarily, but if she did, she left two little children behind.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-13-October-2014&highlight=Elizabeth+Sullivan

BBM

LE knows the victim is from San Diego? That must mean she has an ID on her?
??

Or perhaps her prints were "in the system"???

That's what they said on the news report. I've been wondering the same thing. True, maybe her fingerprints were "in the system". I guess, if they found her ID or wallet though, they would still wait to announce her name. I'm getting worried LE doesn't have enough clues or camera footage and no suspect to go after.

Every minute counts especially with the border so close by.

This is just so awful. And if the suitcase was once in the trash can, why would someone pull it out and then just leave it? Or did the perp put her in there and then feel some sort of "remorse" (I know that's a pointless word to use but ykwim) and pull the suitcase back out bc he/she wanted her to be found?

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is just so awful. And if the suitcase was once in the trash can, why would someone pull it out and then just leave it? Or did the perp put her in there and then feel some sort of "remorse" (I know that's a pointless word to use but ykwim) and pull the suitcase back out bc he/she wanted her to be found?

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that someone took it out while rummaging and saw the body, panicked, and ran away without reporting it, leaving it outside the can. There are many reasons I can think of to not report... A lot of the homeless folks are mentally ill, off meds, maybe have distrust for police, fear of being wrongly accused, wanted by police for any reason (ie warrant), just sheer panic/flight...

Woman Stuffed in Suitcase Was 21 Years Old: SDPD
“No person deserves that type of ending,” the man who found the woman in the suitcase near 7th Avenue and A Street, told NBC 7
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Downtown-San-Diego-Identified-374958331.html

"On Thursday, police said they had identified the victim of the grisly killing, though her name was being withheld until investigators could notify her family. The woman’s name will be released by the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s (ME) office."

OT
Every clue is important and helps. Here's a case that had a neighborhood terrorized. It was finally solved and the suspect caught. The article seems worth reading, so I thought I'd share it.

] North Park Attacker Cries, Asks for Forgiveness at Sentencing
In some cases, the victims never saw their attacker before he knocked them unconscious from behind.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...rk-Attacks-Daniel-Drake-Women--375079091.html

"He was arrested after a police officer's wife saw something unique about the suspect in surveillance video."

I am so glad this poor young woman has been identified. Prayers for her family. It was really bothering me seeing that thread title with no name for her, just woman found dead in suitcase. At least she has her name. Can someone please make sure to alert when her identity is released by the ME so I can edit the title to add it? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back