CA CA - Shawn Hale, 19, Apple Valley, 4 Nov 1994

[video=youtube;21yxlRRPo1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yxlRRPo1g[/video]

I believe this was the homeless man who was said to be hit by a car and killed. It seems like he is still alive though.

Well now i am not so sure. Here is another mugshot of him from a previous charge. He's been convicted of rape quite a few times so I can't imagine if this was the missing Shawn Hale from CA that he would of gone this long without authorities finding out how he was. Quite possible a lookalike with the same name I guess.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I see a lot of differences between these two men's features, but most notably their ears.

Why does DN state this, was he found? Or is it something else?
Sorry if I'm late to the party.

Shawn Hale (4290DMCA) is no longer missing per NamUs. No further information is available.

Located & Identified Persons
You'll have to scroll down.

Okay, and how do we attached pictures now?
Interesting! Also with the pictures thing, I’ve been clicking ‘upload file’ button under the text box but it inserts it as a thumbnail which is annoying.

Interesting! Also with the pictures thing, I’ve been clicking ‘upload file’ button under the text box but it inserts it as a thumbnail which is annoying.

Thank you for the heads up on the picture. The insert picture icon on the tool bar wants a URL.
What do you make of DN's update? I couldn't figure out when it was updated, I will have to search for it.

LookingforShawn,

I just saw the Doenetwork update on Shawn. I am relieved you and Shawn's family have answers after so many years. I have not been on WS in over a year due to family concerns.

rainwater ( new user name is rainwaterstill)

LookingforShawn,

I just saw the Doenetwork update on Shawn. I am relieved you and Shawn's family have answers after so many years. I have not been on WS in over a year due to family concerns.

According to Family There is really no confirmation that he was found at all. And the state have not been helpful as to how they decided he was found. If you read back at Lookin 4 shawns comments you will see he was removed from namus first. which is why I suspect Doe Network removed their information. And still has not found out why. Its concerning to say the least that they can not give the family something that proves he has been found.

According to Family There is really no confirmation that he was found at all. And the state have not been helpful as to how they decided he was found. If you read back at Lookin 4 shawns comments you will see he was removed from namus first. which is why I suspect Doe Network removed their information. And still has not found out why. Its concerning to say the least that they can not give the family something that proves he has been found.

Let's say, hypothetically, that someone has been reported missing but really isn't, they just chose to disappear, law enforcement would be under no obligation to share that with the family if the MP contacts them and says Hey, I'm not missing.
It stinks for the family left behind, but it isn't illegal for an adult to take off and start a new life, for whatever reason, even if the family doesn't know what that reason is or if it makes sense to them. I'm not saying that's the case here, only that it's a possibility.

Let's say, hypothetically, that someone has been reported missing but really isn't, they just chose to disappear, law enforcement would be under no obligation to share that with the family if the MP contacts them and says Hey, I'm not missing.
It stinks for the family left behind, but it isn't illegal for an adult to take off and start a new life, for whatever reason, even if the family doesn't know what that reason is or if it makes sense to them. I'm not saying that's the case here, only that it's a possibility.
Only the way they supposedly found him was an arrest somewhere in California. But no arrest exists, and that would be public record no matter what Shawn would want about not being found. And if that was the case too. Shouldn't LE be able to say exactly that. We found him but he don't want to be found. Family didn't sound like that was the case. Sounds off to me.

Only the way they supposedly found him was an arrest somewhere in California. But no arrest exists, and that would be public record no matter what Shawn would want about not being found. And if that was the case too. Shouldn't LE be able to say exactly that. We found him but he don't want to be found. Family didn't sound like that was the case. Sounds off to me.
Maybe he was arrested under a new name?

Maybe he was arrested under a new name?
Only I would think if he was going by an alias, he would have had that listed as an alias under his Legal name, I do not think he would be listed so long in Namus if he legally changed it. And would think a Legal Agency would have to list that person legal name with whatever fake one as his alias. So still sounds fishy to me. His family was posting. Maybe they can give us an update.

LookingforShawn,

Can you please send me what you have found. Shawn family still does not know where it is.

I was checking in someone else, and Shawn shoped up as a closed case. But I still don't know what happened here?

I just found and caught up on his story- I’m hopeful he may still be alive and living under a different name or off the grid. I know a lot of Deadheads back then went to Humbolt county to live off the grid... I wonder if he’s living around there or some other community where legal documents are not necessary? I imagine when he left he probably didn’t have birth certificate and other docs used now a days.
So I’m thinking what resources such as deadhead forums or such could be used to get the word out to him that his brother loves and misses him? Any ideas? I think grateful doe story got out on a variety of forums.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back