Found Deceased CA - Sheila Franks, 37, Fortuna, 2 Feb 2014

Help Find Sheila Franks and Danielle Bertolini FaceBook Page
10392302_1551087391809537_5785132356454285040_n.png

The families of these two girls have come together to raise awareness that they are missing under suspicious circumstances. Sheila was last heard from by her son on 2-2-14 Danielle went missing one week later on 2-9-14. The two girls did not know each other; however, they were last seen by the same man, who is a person of interest in their disappearances. Both girls are missing from Humboldt County. Sheila went missing from Rio Dell, Ca. and Danielle from Carlotta, CA. Sheila’s mother died suddenly last May, not knowing what happened to her daughter. In February it will mark the one year anniversary of the girl’s disappearance. We are seeking the public’s help in finding them. This nightmare has to end!

I grow up in California and lived there until 2000. I go back to visit but it is not the same place I grow. It is a very scary place now ran by a lot of scary groups of people.
So far I have made Facebook page and groups for Sheila, I set up a twitter account for her made a Youtub video last night. I have added Sheila to NamUs and a lot of other missing organizations. I have friends in California that I still stay in contact with that are putting up poster and fliers and reposting every time they are taken down. I did an interview with KMUD and I have sent e-mails and messages to every news station and show that I can think of asking to have a story done to get Sheila and Danielle story out nationally and the only response i have received is if a reporter find your story of interest they will contact me and no luck yet. I have also contacted the local new and papers waiting for someone to contact me. I have not been verified yet so I am not sure what I can and can not share.
But at this time If anyone can help point me in the direction of the best search site for current mugshot I would be so very grateful.
I want to thank each and everyone of you for all you warm welcomes.

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23933
Help FIND MY Missing Sister Sheila Sherrell Franks
https://www.facebook.com/HELPFINDSHEILASHERRELLFRANKS
SEARCH FOR MY SISTER SHEILA FRANKS SD 480p
http://youtu.be/IXf3Gj1-uHg

Sheila's been missing for one year now.

Dateline NBC Reports on Missing Humboldt Women; Fortuna Chief Says ‘Person of Interest’ Identified
2a15355273f81c9c9ca7627a9e21178d.jpg

Dateline NBC’s online “Missing in America” online series has turned its attention to two Humboldt County women who went missing one year ago: Danielle Bertolini and Sheila Franks, of Fortuna and Rio Dell respectively.

The two went missing within a couple of days of each other in February 2014, and family members and friends, who have have long been frustrated with the slow pace of the investigation, early on suspected that the two cases were linked. NBC manages to wheedle a new bit of information out of law enforcement — they believe the cases are linked as well, and they have identified the person who was last seen with both the women:

Fortuna Police Department Chief William Dobberstein told Dateline investigators believe the two women’s cases are connected and there is a person of interest in the cases.

“Both cases are on-going investigations. We’re working with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department closely and following all our leads, but yes, we have identified a person of interest in both cases and it’s the same man. We aren’t releasing his name at this time,” Chief Dobberstein said.
Read the whole Dateline article at this link.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...rica-danielle-bertolini-sheila-franks-n315921
http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2015/mar/2/dateline-nbc-reports-missing-humboldt-women-fortun/

THE HUMBOLDT FIVE: “SO MANY MISSING FROM SUCH A SMALL AREA”
5.jpg

To raise awareness of local women who’ve disappeared under suspicious circumstances, a new graphic was recently released.
Today, hoping to get answers for the families of five Humboldt women that disappeared under suspicious circumstances, missing person activists launched a social media campaign. The campaign includes a Facebook page for the five missing women, share-able graphics (see image above,) a hashtag (#‎HumboldtMissingFive‬) and an interactive map (see photo below) of where the women disappeared. So-Cal Advocates For The Missing and their partners urge community members to share these images and this story in hopes that clues to the whereabouts of the women might emerge.

Heather Miller, a family advocate for NorCal Alliance for the Missing, designed the map. She said she was asked by a colleague to create it and was surprised by how much she learned in the process. “I was already familiar with the cases from research I had done on …Humboldt and the surrounding counties….I think [this] gives a new perspective, by combining their information and photos with a map showing you the locations that they are missing from.”

Who Are the Missing Women:

A spokesperson for the Humboldt Missing Five page said she found it curious that “so many were missing from such a small area.” She had recently formed a successful campaign around five men who had vanished in the Bay Area and has hopes that grouping the women together will help the community think about the disappearances in new ways–ways which might lead to uncovering what happened to them.
http://kymkemp.com/2015/04/01/the-humboldt-five-so-many-missing-from-such-a-small-area/

Humboldt-5.jpg

Title says 1.11.2014
NamUs has 2.1.2014
Missing Posters say 2.2.2014

I think the title should be changed to February 2, right?

Relatives of Missing Woman Danielle Bertolini Claim Her Remains Have Been Identified; Sheriff’s Office Cannot Confirm
Today @ 3:18pm

Snipped...
... Deputy Sheriff-Coroner Trevor Enright told the Outpost earlier today that he is still waiting for an official report from the Department of Justice, which is testing the remains. “I cannot confirm that I have conclusive findings at this point,” Enright said, adding that he should have more information in a week.

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2015/may/27/relatives-missing-woman-danielle-bertolini-claim-h/

It has been confirmed that the skull is Danielle's. Her poor family!

Authorities in Humboldt County, California have reportedly identified remains found in a river as those of Danielle Bertolini.

The remains were found in the Eel River back in March, according to the Times-Standard. Bertolini's family posted on the 'Help Find Danielle Bertolini and Sheila Franks' Facebook page Thursday with the news and police later confirmed the information.

I hope Sheila will be found soon and their murderer brought to justice.

The man who officials say picked Bertolini up was also the last person seen with Sheila Franks, who vanished on February 2nd, 2014. Franks was 38 years old when she vanished and left behind a young son.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/skull-identified-missing-california-woman-n365946

February 2 2014 at 12:12 p.m. was the last time my sister Sheila Sherrell Franks's family heard from her. Sheila's son seen her at her boyfriends house on February 2 2014 at around 8:15 a.m. The boyfriend that she was living with says she left for a walk later in the day of February 2 2014 and never returned.

Title says 1.11.2014
NamUs has 2.1.2014
Missing Posters say 2.2.2014

I think the title should be changed to February 2, right?

I think you're right, Kate. Sheila's sister has made that clear now. Thanks.

February 2 2014 at 12:12 p.m. was the last time my sister Sheila Sherrell Franks's family heard from her. Sheila's son seen her at her boyfriends house on February 2 2014 at around 8:15 a.m. The boyfriend that she was living with says she left for a walk later in the day of February 2 2014 and never returned.

Thank you so much for stopping by to clarify this, sheilasister. I think of you and your family often, as I do Danielle's, and I'm sure other WSers do too. You have done such an amazing job for your sister. I've used you as an example on other threads where the families do little and leave it all to LE. Sheila and Danielle did not deserve whatever befell them, and I hope your day in court is soon. Please come back here any time for support. And thank you for taking the time to update us.

:grouphug:

What was the address? Maybe we can put together a timeline of things we know.

What was the address? Maybe we can put together a timeline of things we know.

I believe that the boyfriend is an unnamed POI in the disappearance of Sheila and the death of Danielle Bertolini (her skull was recently found and identified). So the boyfriend's statement that she left for a walk from that address and never returned isn't a basis for a timeline, unfortunately. Sheila's family has been deeply involved in her case, but at this point, it's a dead end until she is found, or more information is uncovered. There is information about the POI on their FB page that we can't talk about here. Both cases are very frustrating and sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back