Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Sillybilly, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

2. kfed83

kfed83 Member

I have no idea how divorces work...maybe one of the lawyers could shed light. It does seem that by that point they were living in different states.

3. beach

beach Verified Expert

Just playing catch up today. Excuse if this is a repeat of an earlier post. (Also added it to the Media Links thread)

NBC Today Show (Video at Link)

Cops hunt for kidnapped California mom Sherri Papini's abductors

Sherry Papini, a Northern California mom who was missing for three weeks, was found over Thanksgiving weekend, battered and still wearing chains. Now she is safe at home with her family, police are stepping up their search for two women they believe are her abductors. NBC’s Gadi Schwartz reports for TODAY.

4. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

lol! Looks like a paper sack to me, but looking closer it must be heavier than a paper sack as it is lower than the evidence ribbon, so I will go with you and say it is the inside of a running top. Awesome catch BTW!

5. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

you would think but the fact is they don't. a lot of police work is confidential.

6. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

They probably weren't speaking so each of them filed in their state of residence. My ex and I did that also. He filed in Arizona and I filed in California. We then decided to go with Arizona as it was faster than California which has a six month minimum waiting period between filing and formal judgment of dissolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Logansden77

Logansden77 Member

And the location listed is less than 4 miles from where SP went missing.

8. luckylis

luckylis New Member

You bring up a good point. Perhaps the abductor works in the industrial field...a field where hose clamps are readily available or handy. If not, why would the abductor think of *hose clamps* to bound SP? If I'm going to abduct someone and I don't work in an industrial field, I don't suddenly think of hose clamps. I am only going to grab something as specific as that because its readily handy or available. I'm going to grab rope, zip ties, handcuffs, etc. But *hose clamps*??

So, without violating TOS, can we think to ourselves the abductors possibly working in an industrial-related field?

Me thinks I'm onto something...

9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Battered just means injured from being beaten or hit. I would expect that if someone wa found with injuries all over their face it would be assumed they had been battered by someone. Reports that Sherri didn't see when kids right away support the hypothesis that her face looks a mess.

Note that the word does not indicate who did the battering. Such battering has been self inflicted in some cases:

"He found West, 33, in the emergency room of Simi Valley Hospital and followed her across the street to Safe Harbor, a forensic facility where sexual assault victims are examined and interviewed. Her appearance suggested an attack of concentrated malice. Her face was swollen, her lip gashed, her hair torn out in chunks. A cord, found tied around her neck with a slipknot, had left an angry red line, and there were burns on her stomach and ring finger." http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/26/local/la-me-accused-20110626

Of course we all know it's assumed here that it wasn't self inflicted and that typically the word battered indicates someone else did it.

10. glassheater

glassheater Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed is the absence of information is generating more interest in this case. It's sensationalistic and many people want answers. The commenters on the MSM sites are heavily questioning this case. <modsnip> I don't think it is going to go away anytime soon.

11. Steleheart

Steleheart Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thank you for putting that together. Clears up a lot IMO.

Here is the entire post. Thanks again;
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-10&p=12962905#post12962905

12. Bigfirmlawmom

Bigfirmlawmom New Member

the laws of those states may vary as to equitable division of the assets, spousal support, or other issues relevant to the divorce. In such a case they would each try to invoke the law of the state that is favorable to him/her, then fight over which case goes forward, which state has jurisdiction, etc.

13. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

One thing I've found interesting in this case, is the fact that Gamble took his client's ransom deal off the table around 5:00AM Wednesday morning, and SP was released around 5:00AM Thursday morning.

14. Dockins

Dockins Well-Known Member

I've noticed some MSM articles are using this, "Allegedly abducted" and 'abducted' in quotes in their headlines. I didn't see that until last night. One one hand, I hope she wasn't abducted because of the trauma she would have suffered and will continue to suffer, but on the other hand, public outlash and family distrust would be terrible too if it wasn't true. I'm not sure which would be worse, IMHO.

15. jacy

jacy Member

I love that today I was blessed by seeing such a selfless, caring question. xo

16. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

17. Russian Blue

Russian Blue Well-Known Member

What lousy reporting. The article headline "Police believe abductors left Calif. mom Sherri Papini for dead" is not supported in the story. For dead is not something that LE has said. Nor did thier story reflect that.

18. Steleheart

Steleheart Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Paper sack, LOL. Uh huh, Pink and black. Yeah it looks like an inside out bra top to me. But I'm a dude so it's not my fault, LOL (thatshowwethink)

19. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member

Thanks IdeMae! I'd asked about how it worked a while back and didn't get an answer. I tried to understand it through their site, but couldn't ever find that specific information.

Cardinal47, on the *** donation page it said to please note that Keith's sister is withdrawing the funds from the campaign. So I guess they went to her. It stated in bold at the top of the page that all funds will be used for search efforts to bring Sherri home safely. Linking of *** isn't permitted here, but the page is still there.

20. snowboots

snowboots New Member

I don't have an opinion one way or the other yet, but one thing I'm wondering-- why release her chained? Wouldn't there potentially be fingerprints or evidence on the restraints? Or even serial numbers that could be traced if it was industrial hose clamps? I would think, from an abductor's standpoint, you would want *less* evidence of your crime out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.