Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up. Whew. Random thoughts:

The sheriff seemed kind of annoyed that KP released details of SP's injuries to the public. I'm just getting a sense he (the sheriff) didn't want that public info but I 100% understand KP's reasons for doing it. I haven't read the trash on SM but I have seen tons of really cruel and unkind comments elsewhere posted publicly and I'm sure the family is seeing the very same things.

The sheriff cannot confirm or deny if SP was actually thrown from the vehicle, because he wasn't there. All he can go on, is what SP told him.

The sighting of the woman in the blue truck at the truck stop 2 days prior... possible it was her, and strange that the woman in the truck didn't really respond either way. However, the woman who called it in never mentioned facial bruising the way KP did. If it was her, she got one heck of a beating afterward. Possibly for talking to the lady? And if it was her, she's intentionally given false details about who was holding her captive and what kind of vehicle it was. No question LE will follow up on this (if they haven't already) and interview the driver/owner of that truck. The reporting party did give the plate number so it won't be hard to locate the owner.

Re: SP's injuries themselves........ :( I cannot even begin to imagine. But it certainly does explain why she didn't see the kids right away. If a grown man was horrified by what he saw, imagine how her babies would have reacted? Just so heartbreaking.

Everything I am reading thusfar, the Sheriff HAS NOT confirmed the injuries that her husband has stated..

USA today has him directly quoted

"When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko noted Monday that his agency had not phrased it that way.

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. He said she was treated and released.

"We're not providing the details, other than they were non-life threatening and that she was treated and released," he said of the injuries"

Since they are reporting these as direct quotes from the Sheriff, I think we shold hold back on specifically stating that the Sheriff is confirming this. I know in several links I have read that sleuthers have linked it does not say the Sheriff confirms what Keith has said.

Then we have the glaringly "chopped off hair" "Long blond hair" thing going.

Still waiting for more info but my opinion has remained the same.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/29/husband-abducted-calif-mom-sherri-papini-addresses-rumors/94593338/

Thank you for this! You explained this much more eloquently then I could. With as much outside noise this case has received, I think it's important for us to focus on what LE is and has not yet released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I am a stickler on details, but I have been weighing heavily on what the Sheriff has been saying throughout this whole ordeal. In my opinion the Sheriff didn't necessarily confirm what KP detailed as facts. He did say "He was familiar with those details." and made sure to follow up with "we had not released them yet to the public." I believe he has a good reason to have not released these details, and I don't necessarily believe that he confirmed KP's assessment of the exact injuries. Just my opinion.
http://www.yourfortdodge.com/2016/1...husbands-details-on-sherri-papinis-condition/

Semantics.

Hmm. I see where you're going. I really got the feeling he was validating those details though, and perhaps just not happy with the fact that KP made them public.

People keep struggling with "motive" for the abduction when it is staring them in the face every time they look at a picture of Sherri in my humble opinion. She's a beautiful white blond female that would earn her abductors hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in sex trafficking according to articles on the subject which I've read.

How she was chosen is hard to answer. Perhaps her Poshmark account was seen by the abductors and they ordered something to get her return address, perhaps she was seen at a store and followed, perhaps it was just opportunity; the abductors being in the right place at the right time. We may never know unless they are captured.

I personally don't give much credence to the truck stop sighting, no mention was made of bruises, broken nose, etc. And it is not that easy to positively identify someone you don't know personally. And even if it was Sherri she may have been heavily drugged, which is also common in sex trafficking abductions.

Suburban moms aren't your typical demographic for ST. If it's as big of a problem in Redding as Garcia states, I could see the potential. But she still isn't the typical easy target for it. IMO Sherri is just an average pretty mom. In my world she would be considered cute, but average. It's perspective. SO many women in California are absolutely drop dead uncommonly gorgeous, and they go there looking to get into the movie industry. In my opinion, they would be a much greater risk for ST.

Perhaps those parameters and demographics are changing?

LE reported that SP said her cell phone was found at the place where she was abducted. The tracking dogs did not find her scent there. Wouldn't they have tracked it back to her house? Do they often get it wrong?

If it rained then the scent is gone. That's the only thing I can think of as to why they didn't find much

LE reported that SP said her cell phone was found at the place where she was abducted. The tracking dogs did not find her scent there. Wouldn't they have tracked it back to her house? Do they often get it wrong?
Did LE say the dogs didn't find her scent, or that the use of the dogs didn't lead to any new evidence?

Please tell me if this has been posted already. I haven't been on WS in ages (erin corwin case was too hard on me). But I thought of you guys today when I saw this:

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168)

and this:

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-co...ls-sherri-papinis-condition/story?id=43840556)

I don't know much about this case yet, but why would the driver say she has long blond hair, but husband says it was chopped off? Anyone know?

BBM

Reposted, as this again gives me pause...

Do they typically weigh people in the hospital in cases like this?
I also think the husband's statement on her condition read like a dime store thriller.

I'm not surprised by the bruises, burns, etc. but if she was truly that emancipated would that really release her so soon? Does anyone remember how quickly AH was hospitalized after being released(Nate Kibby's victim)? I remember people discrediting her injuries too at first

I don't know what HIPAA allows or does not allow law enforcement to say, but just earlier yesterday he intimated her injuries were more like an ankle sprain than a broken bone in terms of severity as far as it relates to her being released from the hospital.

Would he even be able to even say THAT much?

And also, it's weird that he would use those terms in an attempt to describe "heavily battered" vs "assault" in terms of her physical situation and then less than a day later confirm KP's description. If he's confirming KP's description today then it doesn't fit with the lackadaisical (<--JMO) way he spoke about the injuries yesterday.

Just one of the reasons I think this case has gotten so much attention because even LE is contradicting themselves and no one knows what's going on, or they are being purposefully misleading.
BBM

Not really. A "broken bone" wasn't what he said. He said, "compound fracture" - a bone that is protruding through the skin. This would require urgent surgery to repair. Not something we can put in a cast and send the patient home. Big difference.

HIPAA only applies to what medical personnel can say. Once revealed to LE, they have their own guidelines. The only thing he was actually telling is that she was treated and released. He then went on with a silly anecdotal comparison. In all likelihood, he might already regret having let those words of comparison slip out of his mouth.

The only thing that makes sense is the transfer of $100,000 in exchange for her release. Sex traffickers don't let girls go. They don't. So either it wasn't ST, or they were paid.

In my opinion...which has been wrong this entire case.

I still think they were paid. Someone was paid. IMO. They promised to do everything under the table without LE's involvement, and it got them their girl back. This may be why LE has nothing. I DO think this was sexually related, especially after this morning's details.

If SP is down to 87 pounds, covered with bruises and burns, why was she not hospitalized? Help me out here, folks!

Honestly, if you are a generally healthy person, a broken nose, a branding, bruises, scrapes and being underweight doesn't really mean an extended hospital stay. If they checked her over, cleansed her scrapes and burns, were confident she could eat on her own, what else could they do for her?

I've had a horrible thought. IF this was random, for trafficking, for example, and her abductors were hispanic/latino, I hope we didn't open a can of worms here that led to her beatings regarding that 13 year old writing.

Mods delete if necessary. I felt my blood run cold.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'd be curious to know if her nose was really broken. That's the only injury that I think would be hard to endure or self-inflict to gain some type of financial windfall.

I'm a little bothered by the husband's florid description of the injuries. Almost written like it is meant for a thriller.

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pounds-blonde-hair-chopped-chained-road.html

Most people would say, "Her nose was broken." "Signature long, blonde hair"--I don't know what to make of that statement. I'm almost 100% sure I've never seen or heard someone say, "I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers."

Maybe he does love adjectives. Maybe he felt pressed to make it seem more believable because of social media doubters.

I lean towards this being a real abduction, but there's still wiggle room for dissenting opinions with what is now known. Also, how far would one be willing to go for a potential windfall?
Was this a written interview or spoken? It sounds very descriptive, imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everything I am reading thusfar, the Sheriff HAS NOT confirmed the injuries that her husband has stated..

USA today has him directly quoted

"When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko noted Monday that his agency had not phrased it that way.

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. He said she was treated and released.

"We're not providing the details, other than they were non-life threatening and that she was treated and released," he said of the injuries"

Since they are reporting these as direct quotes from the Sheriff, I think we shold hold back on specifically stating that the Sheriff is confirming this. I know in several links I have read that sleuthers have linked it does not say the Sheriff confirms what Keith has said.

Then we have the glaringly "chopped off hair" "Long blond hair" thing going.

Still waiting for more info but my opinion has remained the same.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/29/husband-abducted-calif-mom-sherri-papini-addresses-rumors/94593338/

But the statements re: "chained to something" and "heavily battered" were police scanner traffic. They didn't come from KP. That was verbiage from police. Sure, the sheriff can refute that, and scanner traffic is wrong a lot (I know because I hear it all day long). But to refute the scanner traffic is not to refute what KP has stated about her injuries.

Listen, all I can say is last night, before I feel asleep, I though about Ocean Blue Eyes poignant post about never regretting supporting a victim. It resonated with me as such a compassionate, truly supportive, beautiful post. It was a demonstration of what it means to be human, really. Just helping one another.

Then I saw the news. It is bizarre. I find it very hard to believe anyone would starve themselves down to 87 pounds, shave their head, bruise every inch of their bodies, cause healing scabs and brand themselves. It lines up with not seeing her kids right away. It lines up with being abducted and tortured. I said yesterday that I wouldv'e though her hair would have been cut/dyed in an abduction scenario. Frankly, it was one other thing that made me feel...off. Many people felt the same way. But now we learn her hair was shaved.

As to the husband being very descriptive, it appears he is intent on convincing all who've doubted.

As to LE's statements yesterday which, IMO, absolutely downplayed her injuries, as well as other things they've said, I think they need help in how they communicate to the public. It is totally okay to say no comment or that they are not going to discuss the extent of her injuries or condition due to the ongoing investigation but that she has received treatment.

They can also say that they are aware the description of the suspects is maddeningly vague, apologize for that, explain they are working hard behind the scenes to catch the bad guys and thank us for our patience.

Other than that, I don;t have much else to say.

BBM

Reposted, as this again gives me pause...

Thanks. I felt the same, as someone who knows nothing about this case, other than what I just read today. I read the article about what the husband said, then clicked a link inside the same article and found the eyewitness statement. I reread it repeatedly, then ran right over here to WS. I didn't even know that there were rumors swirling about this. I just thought it was...odd.

I also think the husband's statement on her condition read like a dime store thriller.
Yes. All ER patients are weighed.

RSBM

Yes, he HAS confirmed it. From the media thread:
Sheriff Confirms Husband’s Details on Sherri Papini’s Condition

ABC News(REDDING, Calif.) -- The Shasta County Sheriff's Office has confirmed new information about Sherri Papini's condition following her alleged kidnapping.

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off.

"I was familiar with those details," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said Tuesday morning on ABC's Good Morning America. "We had not released them yet to the public."

More and video interview with Sherriff at link: http://610kvnu.com/national/774a13e2...7471004d7ca79a

Yes, it was elaborate. He took his time writing it, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member