Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Sillybilly, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

BACKSTORY:

[FONT=&amp]Missing Person Sherri Papini[/FONT]
    [​IMG]

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
    [​IMG]

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

As of today, November 23, 2016, the ransom offer deadline has passed, and is now being offered as "$100,000 Reward for the Person Who Leads Us to Sherri Papini.":

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
    Thread #2

Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them.

If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

:tyou:

3. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

Reporter: Sheriff, thank you for joining us this morning. Pretty chilling description there from Sherri Papini's husband. Bruises, all over her body, broken nose, her hair cut off, branded, do those details conform with what you know right now?

Sheriff: Yes, I was familiar with those details, we had not released them yet to the public.

these are direct quotes. The video is here: [video=youtube;zGBI0ridSRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBI0ridSRg[/video] and here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/she...lling-details-sherri-papinis-alleged-43841749

4. creepcrusher

creepcrusher ✭Lifetime WILD BOAR Fan✭ Oink Oink ⚽️

That's exactly why he talked. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to know what his wife has gone through, and have to stay quiet when she's being accused of everything he stated. I'm glad he said something though. Somebody needed to. That poor woman...:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RSC

RSC Member

Please tell me if this has been posted already. I haven't been on WS in ages (erin corwin case was too hard on me). But I thought of you guys today when I saw this:

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168)

and this:

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-co...ls-sherri-papinis-condition/story?id=43840556)

I don't know much about this case yet, but why would the driver say she has long blond hair, but husband says it was chopped off? Anyone know?

6. 10Rose

10Rose Active Member

Our memories are not as good as we think they are. Our brains fill in details that make sense to them all the time, even when they don't reflect reality. I think she probably saw her, but when she put together it was Sherri, her brain filled in the detail.

7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I want to re-post this beautiful post from OBE that resonated with me last night:

Snipped and BBM. The bolded part is what's really key for me. A lesson for me I think.

8. RSC

RSC Member

Could be. I'd be interested in knowing what she said when she called it in, before she knew who it was. Perhaps her call to the police was different than what she told reporters?

9. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

What is this phenomenon called? TY!

10. 10Rose

10Rose Active Member

People think (in any criminal case) that it is harmless to speculate that the husband did it, or that she faked it. It's not. The Internet makes the world a very small place. When people do this, they are adding pain to the lives of people who are already living a nightmare.

11. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

Why has no specifics been given about her captors?
    If it was in fact, Sherri in that truck, she has seen the faces.
    Was this a planned abduction that comes with no threat to the general public?
    Was she afraid to speak ?
    Was the ransom paid out and they are sticking to their word about not going to LE?

If it was random, and there are dangerous people kidnapping people, the public should be informed IMo

12. hawkmom

hawkmom New Member

I really don't think this is a sex trafficking crime. She doesn't fit the demographic and she is really too old to actually be targeted for ST imo.

13. Annie1004

Annie1004 Active Member

Reading about someone whom we do not personally know, we oftentimes look at that someone as not being real; just a name connected to a story. So easy to de-personalize, IMHO.

14. Lots2Learn

Lots2Learn Active Member

Unless it's smoke and mirrors for the world , it was said the ransom wasn't paid and the anonymous donor may donate to KP (I can't remember exact wording sorry )
    I do think about this anonymous donor a lot. I'm not sure if knowing who is would answer some questions or cause more but for some reason I key in on him (her). Maybe because this is so unconventional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. IllinoisMissing

IllinoisMissing Active Member

Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

16. LozDa

LozDa New Member

I stand by the fact that there were many odd pieces of information throughout this case.

I stand by the fact that information and communication was withheld from the public that could've cleared up certain things without hindering the investigation.

I stand by the fact that there was never an established, conclusive timeline and that made things very difficult at times.

I stand by the fact that I questioned those parts of the case I found to be questionable.

I no longer stand by the fact that I think this was a hoax. I have now been presented with evidence that has changed my mind and my mind will remain changed until a point that it may change again. Or it may not.

I've always been open to changing my mind on the release of further information and that's what I've done. I'm not any less caring or empathetic because I had questions; I promise you.

I have also always said that I wished none of this ever happened; I feel this now more than ever. I hope Sherri recovers and is surrounded by love... as I've always hoped.

17. bhh77

bhh77 New Member

I'm trying to get caught up here so pardon me if this has already been mentioned but KP did not say the abductors chopped off her hair. If she had injuries to her head it is very likely that the hospital staff cut her hair to evaluate and treat her injuries. I would IMO find it weird if they did not cut it off to be able to clean her up. In a situation like this they would have to be concerned about infection and would want to clean her wounds. I obviously can't guarantee this is what happened but seems very likely IMO.

18. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

It all seems a bit personal. Cutting off her hair, branding her. Why let her go, why let her live?

19. DogRescuer

DogRescuer Active Member

RSBM
    Like others have pointed out on the previous thread, "long hair" might mean different things to different people. I used to have very long hair like Sherri does, and when I had it chopped off (by a stylist,) I kept saying, "I love having short hair." Which most other people didn't understand because to them, my hair was still considered long.
    Long can be down to your waist and, say, down below your shoulders. The difference is huge.

Also, I really don't want to keep referring to others' posts (but you guys are moving at the speed of light,) memory is a crazy thing. What you think you remember might be not what actually happened, especially when it comes to nuances, at a high speed, on a dark highway.

JMO

20. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

Thank you
    You posted what i have been feeling

I stand with you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.