Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by sillybilly, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

The ex FBI agent in the abc news clip says his thoughts are this was a random kidnapping and it involves more than the two women who have already been described as suspects

2. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Of course it's my opinion, who else's would it be?

He might have trouble with his pronouns, which, if true, is unfortunate because people will spend time trying to decipher.

So, chopping hair would affect the person whose hair is chopped off, and also hurt the people who love and care about the person.

3. Mosaic

Mosaic Well-Known Member

It is not a symbol but implies it's a message; I would think maybe initials or a stamped date that refers to a specific event.

JMO : brainstorming here

4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Or, chopping off hair humiliates victims in general (them), not just SP (her).

Jmo

5. natsound

natsound Well-Known Member

"I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and or maybe some type of message that the brand contained," Bosenko said on ABC News' "Good Morning America." "It is not a symbol, but it was a message."

He's saying the brand is a message, and he's also saying it's some type of message "contained" in the brand. So he can't discern the message? I wonder if it's initials, or a word/words and the meaning is not immediately obvious.

6. shefner

shefner Member Since 2008

Well if it was personal, then I can't see it being sex trafficking...and women caught in sex trafficking rarely get set free, or at least that is my understanding. They might escape somehow but I don't think they are released. The thing that makes this look personal is the part about the branding, "message." I don't think a sex trafficker is looking to send messages.

My mind is thinking this is personal...against, "them," meaning Sherri and Keith. So...what precipitated this attack? What in the world would cause another person or group of people to take this action against SP and KP?

7. bestill

bestill Well-Known Member

8. guruagain

guruagain Active Member

But have they issued warnings in the area over and above the usual? "Keep safe - Don't jog alone or go out alone especially if you fit this profile.."

9. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

From an FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin on Human Sex Trafficking

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

Physical Indicators

Injuries from beatings or weapons
    Signs of torture (e.g., cigarette burns)
    Brands or scarring, indicating ownership
    Signs of malnourishment

10. shefner

Another thought, the message is not for SP. Because she was there, experiencing all of these things. Any message for her would have been received by her. It makes me think the "message" is for KP. After all, what is the quickest way to hurt a man? To attack his wife or family.

11. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

12. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Her "SIGNATURE" Long Blonde Hair was "chopped" off...............of what significance was her hair to Sherri, her husband and her abductors? JMO

13. Evey

Evey New Member

To be fair I'm pretty sure any branding of your significant other sends a message even if it's not a Symbol or a word. And chopping my hair off would be something a girl would do. They know how long it takes to grow and how proud we are when we have. Not to mention if her husband is very fond of her "signature" hair it hurts him also. Mayhe it'll be related to the youth against drugs program her and her ex did. They could have come across someone who maybe liked her husband and hated her out of jealousy or something. Not likely but you never know what type of people they encountered during however long they did the program.

14. snowboots

snowboots New Member

This has probably been mentioned, but the woman who saw SP waving the piece of clothing (bag?) on the side of the road said she had long hair. I tend to think she is accurate because KP confirmed afterwards that she was waving a bag. I think the hair chopping happened at the hospital to treat injuries. KP saw her first at the hospital.

This is the most bizarre case I've ever followed. Just...wow.

15. InItToWinIt

InItToWinIt Member

Maybe somebody/somebodies targeted her to get back at/hurt him? I feel certain they both will need many years of therapy and healing....

16. *LD*

*LD* Active Member

$$$$ and hard drugs. Total speculation but this sounds like cartel and gang type behavior. Someone close to Sherri may be deep into something bad and she was used as leverage. That's my opinion.

17. natsound

natsound Well-Known Member

We need to note that this formal special agent is only speculating that this might be random. I don't think he's part of the case, rather he's just an ABC expert they bring in to analyze different cases.

18. SheRuns

SheRuns Member

Good point. I mentioned this a few pages back. The "branding" could identify a particular group. Could be a key. Surprised the captors let her go as this could identify them...

19. shefner

Wow...I hadn't read that about her phone and headphones. The phone was placed in grass with the screen facing up and the headphone's cord coiled up and placed on the top of the screen, as if it had been intentionally and neatly placed there. That is not what I had envisioned.

20. KYangel

KYangel Member

Exactly! A very dangerous game.

Sadly.... hair will grow back, she can regain the weight. A tattoo or even a branding can be sugically grafted to be taken off.. but emotional scars and PTSD will haunt this poor girl forever.

but at least she has a life ahead of her. She can be a mother to her babies, and a wife and anything else that makes her happy.

My prayers are with her..

all. JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.