Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ex says it was a prank at high school. The post was about when SP was in high school but was written in 2003 when she was 21 years old.

Was it written then, or was it published on that particular website then? And, how do we know the answer to that question? (I am seriously asking, not being snarky.)

I'm still in the last thread, but I wanted to address the hospital again. I think most people don't realize what the hospital is used for these days. They admit patients who don't have stable vital signs, and need to be monitored.

A broken nose, bruises, even being underweight, are not reasons to admit a patient. IF low weight caused severe orthostatic symptoms or low heart rate, they STILL might not admit the patient. They would write referrals and make sure the patient receives prompt follow up care.

Again, if Sherri had stable vital signs, and didn't need constant monitoring to stay stable, they would NOT admit her. Our bodies are quite resilient. Three weeks of dehydration and malnutrition, in someone who is otherwise healthy, wouldn't take much to reverse.

Thanks for addressing this again. Some surgeries that were once called operations are now called procedures and you're sent home the same day. No overnight stay. On the positive side, you're less likely to get a hospital acquired infection at home. On the down side, someone may have to miss school or work to assist you while you recover.

Did it say Keith actually wrote the statement or was it just released by him?
Weird I had completely different thoughts on it when I read it a second time from the first one.
I wish he had addressed what they are going to do with the $50,000 would be a nice ending to hear it is being given to a charity,

holy... she was beaten over the days, her hair chopped and branded? this is to humiliate her or whatever she "represented" (suburban sahm? idk) that is awful and I hope she gets peace to heal. I am sorry so many were questioning her that they saw fit to release that info. this is why I don't think it is "owed" to the public just for following or voluntarily donating to a cause. very sad. I hope they catch these vile ppl.

There has been no evidence that a ransom was paid. The only evidence is to the contrary based upon Cameron Gamble's statements in this article: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117588963.html

He also has previously stated publicly that paying a ransom is not illegal according to his attorneys. I'm not an attorney so I have no idea personally.

Cameron Gamble is about as credible as Alex Jones. I have no idea why so many MSM outlets take him at face value.

Thanks for addressing this again. Some surgeries that were once called operations are now called procedures and you're sent home the same day. No overnight stay. On the positive side, you're less likely to get a hospital acquired infection at home. On the down side, someone may have to miss school or work to assist you while you recover.
Yes, I've had 6 surgeries in the last 10 years. I've been outpatient for every one. I've been fighting anorexia since I was a teenager. I'm now in my early 30's, and I have been inpatient for complications from low body weight, starvation, etc., but it was after quite a while of being sick - not a few weeks. Even at my sickest points, it didn't take long to get my heart rate and potassium stable.

I've also been assaulted to the point of almost not recognizing my face. I was a mess, but I wasn't kept inpatient because my vital signs were stable. I sustained injuries, but I saw my regular doctor once or twice a week for a while.

Bringing my questions over from the previous thread as I posted just before it closed.

These are my questions: Did KP *tell* LE that those were SP's injuries? When they say that they were aware of her injuries, does this mean they are merely going by KP's statement to them? Would the hospital doctors who assessed and treated SP release their observations of said injuries to LE? Do privacy laws mean that this information cannot be released without SP's permission? I want to better understand whether LE has seen said injuries, been given details from medical staff who treated her or are relying solely on KP's description of them. TIA to anyone who can clearly answer these questions and who has the legal and/or medical standing to do so. MOO.

I agree with the personal message. Do we know the race or name of her ex-husband?

Me neither. Sex traffickers don't target women who are going to attract a huge amount of media attention and $100,000 regards. Far too risky. They target women who, sadly, will not be missed.

Badly bruising someone, branding them and cutting off their hair are dramatic ways to make a statement or send a message, imo. They weren't trying to kill her, or she would have much more serious injuries. :moo:

IMO they still have plenty of use for that money. Guessing Best Buy's health plan isn't gonna come close to the therapy she's gonna need. Plus childcare that she used to provide, but probably isn't going to want to be alone for awile.

I do not think it is. I think that women are more likely than men to understand how humiliating it would be for a woman to have her hair chopped off.

Agree with you.
A man would not chop off her long blonde hair.
Jmo

My heart aches for her and her family. Imagine having to come out and silence your skeptics after an ordeal like that. We should all take note. I think everyone's grandma said if you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all. This is why!

Bringing my questions over from the previous thread as I posted just before it closed.

These are my questions: Did KP *tell* LE that those were SP's injuries? When they say that they were aware of her injuries, does this mean they are merely going by KP's statement to them? Would the hospital doctors who assessed and treated SP release their observations of said injuries to LE? Do privacy laws mean that this information cannot be released without SP's permission? I want to better understand whether LE has seen said injuries, been given details from medical staff who treated her or are relying solely on KP's description of them. TIA to anyone who can clearly answer these questions and who has the legal and/or medical standing to do so. MOO.

Her injuries would be criminal evidence. Law enforcement saw them before Keith did and would have photos and medical records.

I don't think we have any reason to doubt her injuries. The first responder said she was heavily battered, the sheriff said she was assaulted but sent home after treatment, her husband said she was bruised, burned and had a broken nose. These all sound like descriptions of the same injuries to me. From what the sheriff said, I was expecting bruises but no broken arms or legs or fingers cut off or anything like that. It all sounds consistent so why doubt it.

Her injuries would be criminal evidence. Law enforcement saw them before Keith did and would have photos and medical records.

I believe you are correct as this is a criminal investigation, is it not
i expect it is all part of the record

We don't believe the Sheriff ?
We don't believe the husband ?
We don't believe the ex-husband ?

Please believe this ... Sherri is a victim.

Stop trying to lay blame on the victim.

Websleuths position regarding the 2003 article has not changed, other than the ex has come out in MSM to state it was not written by SP.

"Seriously?
user-offline.png
Join DateMay 2016Posts235
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rayemonde
I don't think this has anything to do with sex trafficking. I think it has to do with the article that the sheriff is aware of. And I can guess what she was branded with, too. JMO. :moo:

Me, too. I read one post on here that referred to her shaved head. I missed that somewhere. Is there factual comment regarding her hair? Shaved or chopped? "

Sorry for the copy/paste, the thread was closed, and I couldn't find a quote button.

In answer to your question, I've only seen her head referred to as "shaved" once, and I'm pretty sure it was the WS poster's own personal choice of words. I don't believe it was described as such by any LE statement, or official quote. The only official reference to her hair length being different is her husband saying it was chopped off.
If I am wrong on this, please correct me.

When domestic violence victims are seen in hospitals their injuries are usually photographed for evidence. I don't know if it's the same for assault victims - but I would assume they do the same thing to catalog their injuries. These would be shared with LE (IMO) and with her husband as well. LE and hospital staff would not be able to go to the press with specifics although they could be called to testify in court. However she or her husband would be free to tell anyone. (This is based on my experience with dv victims so it might not be true in all cases.)

I think whether or not KP's descriptions match with LE and hospital reports will remain unknown. He might be basing his descriptions on what he's seen not what he's been told, or maybe a mixture. Like I wouldn't know a broken nose by looking but maybe they told him or showed him an x-ray.

LE would not be basing their reports on what KP told them, at least not entirely. They would base it on their own or the hospital's assessments.

All JMO and IME.

eta: By the time I type out my answer four people have responded already.

maybe her husband really loved her pretty long hair. my husband likes my hair long too. I know I can wear it however I want, but he really likes it long and maybe so dies he and that is what coined that phrase. just brainstorming.

Sigh. I'm very happy that this story ends with Sherri alive! There is no doubt in my mind that during her time away she has suffered badly.

Things I'm still mulling: could the sheriff have held back explaining Sherri's injuries because they are trying to rule out self infliction?

Also, if and when self infliction is ruled out (I hope), I think they need to look at this as a hate crime, or a personal vendetta against her or her family.

I'm not ready to hate on LE yet. They know more than we do, always. And I did find the "signature long hair" comment to be a bit odd. Im not victim blaming on the Papini's. I'm just trying to make sense of what we've got with the walnut I call a brain. So, JMO, IMO, MOO. And thank God she's home.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member