Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to the question about why the Papinis won't release photos of her, to further convince the public that Sherri was indeed abducted and abused.

I really can't imagine wanting to release photos of myself like that. And I understand them not wanting to release them.

I remember in the Emmett Till case, his mother wanted reporters at his funeral and an open casket so the world could see what was done to him. I do understand that, and applaud her for her courage.

But I remember a case several years ago - a boy was brutalized and murdered, and the pictures of his remains were to be shown in court. The courtroom was packed. and the boy's father requested that everyone leave during the slide show of his remains, and that only the jury would be allowed to see the physical evidence. The father was enraged that the spectators didn't accommodate his wishes - they refused to leave. The dad was SO ANGRY that the spectators were taking pleasure in the horrific pain of his son.

And I think that's the case here. There are people who really want to see photos, for some reason.

And I don't think the Papinis need to accommodate that desire. If they withheld medical info from LE, that would be a completely different thing. Withholding horrible pictures of his beautiful wife's injuries is just out of respect, IMHO.

This is what makes the most sense to me, so far anyway:

Two female gang members, maybe Mexican Mafia types, are involved in drugs/guns/human trafficking as a way of life. Maybe born into it,, married into it...it's just what they do....

One day they are on business a coupe of hours away from home. They maybe dropped off some drugs or delivered some merchandise, like working girls or guns? And they are high, feeling good about their business success....

And as they turn the corner they come upon a pretty, petite blonde, all alone, at her mailbox. They make the impulsive, brazen business decision to nab her right then and there by gunpoint. They plan to sell her to their regular dealer in merchandise. They take her and drive the 2 and a half hours back home.

They are planning to hand her off in a day or two, so they chain her in the basement of an abandoned house near their own place. Leave her some dried bread and water, and go back home.

The problem is that their 'connection' does not want to deal with this situation because of all of the publicity. It is too hot. They do not want to ask around too many places because they do not want someone to turn them in. People will do that for reward money or for spite or out of competition. So they are frustrated and angry.

As time goes on they get more and more angry. They had been avoiding visible injuries because they planned to 'show her off' to their customers. But as time went on they took their anger out on her. And they began beating her and abusing her more and more.

Eventually they just decided to cut their losses and dump her on the side of the road. JMO

That's an interesting idea. If not a note, something KP wanted to preserve. His wife hadn't bee missing very long. I can't imagine the phone by itself suggesting "crime scene" and inspiring the need for a photographic record.

It would explain why LE knew so quickly it was a kidnapping. If there was a note, it could also explain how CG became involved so quickly.

Wrapping the earphones around the iphone could 'secure' a note to it and assure it was found.

Interesting to think about.

Posting this with a link, please listen 10-15 secs in, KP appears to say "MILF" but corrects himself to chains. At first I thought he said metal, but now I'm thinking he said MILF and quickly says "sorry".

other people have pointed this out so i listened to it and slowed it down, its clearly metal imo

Also, his "Linked In" profile states that he joined the military shortly after 9/11 and honorably discharged in 2005. On Project Takens FB site, on a Dec. 2nd post, "In late 2009, Cameron became the Lead Captivity and Survival Instructor for the Marine Special Operations Command. He then went on in 2010 to create an advanced battlefield intelligence collection program for the U.S. Navy SEALS's and their global anti-terrorism missions. Cameron also founded Catalyst Advanced Training Group in 2010. He was the Lead Instructor for this program. Also, Project Taken's FB page has reviews for the first time in its history. There is one single star review and the rest are all five star reviews. Some of the people who like and review the site are also connected w/Bethel. This whole thing around him just doesn't feel right to me whether he was involved in her disappearance or not.

Agree...With such an impressive resume, I would think he would be constantly and fruitfully employed. I don't think he would of had to make a video using stereotypes and attempted fear tactics to get customers.

ETA: Though I find several things about CG highly questionable, I think he's an opportunist and don't believe he was involved in her disappearance unless more evidence of it comes to light.

RANCH, I'm sure you remember the Lisa Irwin case. Lisa, a toddler, allegedly taken from her crib at night. An anonymous benefactor offered a $100,000 reward for her return.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44908162/...reward-lisa-irwin-disappearance/#.WERdiLIrJ0w

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An anonymous donor has offered a $100,000 reward for the return of a missing Kansas City baby or information that leads to the conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance, according to a security consultant who says the donor also hired him to get involved in the case.

Bill Stanton, a New York-based security consultant for television networks, refused Friday to say who the donor was or how the reward would be administered.
Stanton, 47, also has not been clear about his role in Lisa Irwin's disappearance, often referring to himself as a private investigator, but then saying he is in Kansas City as a consultant."

Anonymous benefactor + security consultant, sound familiar?

Om my word, how could I have forgotten that? Maybe cos that was my first case here and I was such a NOOB I was too scared to even post. Soon as I saw the name 'Bill Stanton' it all came flooding back.

Two female gang members, maybe Mexican Mafia types, are involved in drugs/guns/human trafficking as a way of life. Maybe born into it,, married into it...it's just what they do....

One day they are on business a coupe of hours away from home. They maybe dropped off some drugs or delivered some merchandise, like working girls or guns? And they are high, feeling good about their business success....

And as they turn the corner they come upon a pretty, petite blonde, all alone, at her mailbox. They make the impulsive, brazen business decision to nab her right then and there by gunpoint. They plan to sell her to their regular dealer in merchandise. They take her and drive the 2 and a half hours back home.

They are planning to hand her off in a day or two, so they chain her in the basement of an abandoned house near their own place. Leave her some dried bread and water, and go back home.

The problem is that their 'connection' does not want to deal with this situation because of all of the publicity. It is too hot. They do not want to ask around too many places because they do not want someone to turn them in. People will do that for reward money or for spite or out of competition. So they are frustrated and angry.

As time goes on they get more and more angry. They had been avoiding visible injuries because they planned to 'show her off' to their customers. But as time went on they took their anger out on her. And they began beating her and abusing her more and more.

Eventually they just decided to cut their losses and dump her on the side of the road. JMO

MMhmm. That theory seems as good as any at the moment.

I hope KP and family knew about SP's first marriage...this would be a heck of a way to find out.

I don't think there is anything unusual about photos of SP's injuries NOT being released to the public. What on earth would be the purpose other than to feed people's "curiosity" about this case. uggh.

It would explain why LE knew so quickly it was a kidnapping. If there was a note, it could also explain how CG became involved so quickly.

Wrapping the earphones around the iphone could 'secure' a note to it and assure it was found.

Interesting to think about.

I wouldn't say LE "knew quickly" it was a kidnapping - I honesty think they didn't agree it was a kidnapping until about 3 days ago. I think they believed she left on her own, even calling her "voluntarily missing" and calling off the searches. It was Keith who knew and insisted from the first moment he saw her phone, that she had been abducted. He stood alone, IMHO, against LE who basically didn't believe it until days after she was kicked out of the car.

MMhmm. That theory seems as good as any at the moment.

It would have been so easy to just leave her there to die or kill her outright, cut their losses that way. But they kept her *just enough alive* and released her with a branded message to Sherri and others. It sounds more calculated to me.

I wouldn't say LE "knew quickly" it was a kidnapping - I honesty think they didn't agree it was a kidnapping until about 3 days ago. I think they believed she left on her own, even calling her "voluntarily missing" and calling off the searches. It was Keith who knew and insisted from the first moment he saw her phone, that she had been abducted. He stood alone, IMHO, against LE who basically didn't believe it until days after she was kicked out of the car.

It was the California DOJ who classified her as 'voluntary missing.' Local LE had her classified as 'Missing At Risk' and didn't agree with the DOJ's classification.

Maybe an ER nurse could answer this - is it routine to weigh someone in an ER? I have been numerous times and I have been hospitalized numerous times (different hospitals), but I was never weighed, only asked how much I weigh.

Thx in advance

because the reverse ransom

What is with "reverse" ransom? what happened to good ole "reward"?

Wouldn't kidnappers have offered money to KP to take her back for this to be "reverse" ransom?

Reference: Danny DeVito in Ruthless People (1986)

Media really turned this into a circus in order to line up their pockets. There is no where I do not see this story, a whole lot more than Kardashians. It is very sad to see a serious incident trivialized and poor woman and the family worn out like that.

Maybe an ER nurse could answer this - is it routine to weigh someone in an ER? I have been numerous times and I have been hospitalized numerous times (different hospitals), but I was never weighed, only asked how much I weigh.

Thx in advance

I read medical records all the live long day, and nearly errrone I've looked at included the weight of said patient :) - like vitals, if you will
ETA: some I've seen are the reported weight by patient, but in this scenario I'm sure weight would have been taken

Thx in advance

I'm in the Uk but yes I've been weighed rather than asked my weight in hospital.

Interesting theory.

I'm not sure why the abductors would have assumed the burden/risk of holding onto SP for 3 weeks, torturing her and branding her if they had intended to sell her and quickly discovered there was no market though.

I imagine it would have been much easier and less risky for them to cut their losses and have killed or released her quickly?

It would have been so easy to just leave her there to die or kill her outright, cut their losses that way. But they kept her *just enough alive* and released her with a branded message to Sherri and others. It sounds more calculated to me.

But maybe they are not coldblooded killer types? And leaving her there to die would bring the authorities too close to home, imo. Better to drop her off away from their hideout.

It could be calculated. But the FBI could not find any obvious connections with any one that might be out to get her.

And branding is not at all unusual in that world. Just another form of their torture rituals. Kind of routine and not all that calculated, imo.

About showing the brand on SP, if this has already been mentioned, sry, these posts are hard to keep up with!

Haven't read anything, but could it be the brand/message identifies a known person or group?

There are recognized taggers where I live with their marks or phrases in various parts of town regularly being painted over. And depending on location on SP could that clarify what the sheriff said was the message? Just grasping at straws here...

MHOO

Thx in advance
Same. Not a nurse, but never weighed in the ER. Don't recall being asked my weight either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member