Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't take this wrong , bit was is the significance of if she was weighed at the hospital? She lost weight. When you are little and you lose even 5lbs it's noticeable? I'm just not sure I understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an interesting media connection to SP and KP. Mike Mangas, who works for KRCR, an ABC affiliate, is an ordained deacon and is the one who married the Papinis.

He's also the one who was able to get the story on Good Morning America:

Here's a PDF of a newspaper article. You can search for "Mangas" in the article if you want to skip to it. Sorry if this is a repost:

http://northstate.news/Archives2016/Bulletin/16-11-09 SLB.pdf

Good thing they had the media connection to get the story out nationally a little easier.

Things I have learned from my first WS case in 15 threads (and I've read every post):

1. I'm definitely middle aged
2. I have a questionable relationship with zip ties
3. I have no idea why this happened to Sherri
4. Sometimes it is best to keep my "grand" sleuthing ideas to myself as things play out because
5. I can have a wonderful (I think) theory that turns out to probably suck
6. There are some really great people here

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zip ties are all my fault. Sorry for dragging you down the rabbit hole. :D

IIRC The Sheriff confirmed they were loosely coiled on top of the phone, which was facing up.
Which is very odd considering what was done to SP.

Her hair was also spared, it was cut, but only yo her shoulders.
If you want to really humiliate a woman shave it all off! Cutting it to her shoulders makes no sense.

Abusing and torturing her for 22 days and returning her on Thanksgiving day in time to enjoy the Christmas holiday season?

Do they celebrate "Thanksgiving" in mostly Spanish speaking families?
Honest question. I know in Canada it is celebrated on a different day in October.

I liken it to arson investigators upon finding that an arsonist removed their valuable items from the location prior to starting the fire.

Computers, lap top, family pictures etc.

So why was the phone treated with kid gloves?
Who placed it there and was it preplanned?

I would think in this case, something similar would apply.

Crime and Clues

"The absence of normal household items or business equipment can indicate that they were removed before the fire started. Removal of these items can indicate that the fire was planned. Removal of sentimental items such as baby picture, school records and valuables can indicate a planned fire. Evidence of pre-planning a fire gives the investigator excellent proof of intent to commit arson."

http://crimeandclues.com/2013/01/26/arson-investigation/

MOO

Thanks. That certainly does bring up some interesting questions as to the ex-husband statement about it being back in high school and that an unknown individual made that post in her name. She would have been out of high school for a couple of years. At minimum one if she was a later graduate. If you don't know who did it then how do you know it's someone from high school if you are out of high school?

I think that she was taken by these two women and when her "bosses" realized who she was and how well known she was, they decided she was too much of a risk for the sex trade. This could have made these women very mad and jealous, so they decided to torture her before letting her go. I believe there may have been several men involved, but why describe them publicly when that may be giving too much away to the general public if you know what I mean. JMO which changes by the hour here.

I did some research and most ER's do focused treatment and ask weight of adults, but do not usually weigh them for "treat and release" cases -- they do weigh children if parents aren't sure of weight or to give weight appropriate medication.

This is not to say in all ER situations adults aren't weighed- there are exceptions to everything.
May I request a link, please?

The logistics of this statement don't work well for me - because the ER staff does not know when a patient arrives that they will be released. Even the patient who complains of a pain in the jaw might be having a myocardial infarction (heart attack). In an ER, everything is an emergency unless/until it's proven otherwise - that's why we triage.

I've worked in several ERs. Weight is just as important as all other vital signs for every patient that is treated. Any ER that doesn't capture a patient's weight shouldn't be accredited.

I have absolutely no doubt that SP was accurately weighed in the ER.

This suddenly seems so clear to me. How could CGs "test case" be a true "test" if the ransom did not play into this? It is clear that, short of CG planning this, it must certainly have been extortion for money. So there is a. person involved tied to Sherri who has money so that is why she was targeted. It has to be one of those two scenarios.

Closed for the night. We'll reopen tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

Thank you for reopening

I really hope that LE makes progress this week
Personally, if I were this family, I could not rest until I had all of the answers and someone was behind bars
I have read through most of this thread, watched the interview and i still have more questions than answers

JMO

There's an interesting media connection to SP and KP. Mike Mangas, who works for KRCR, an ABC affiliate, is an ordained deacon and is the one who married the Papinis.

He's also the one who was able to get the story on Good Morning America:

Here's a PDF of a newspaper article. You can search for "Mangas" in the article if you want to skip to it. Sorry if this is a repost:

http://northstate.news/Archives2016/Bulletin/16-11-09 SLB.pdf

Good thing they had the media connection to get the story out nationally a little easier.

Just caught up this morning, thanks for sharing this very interesting tidbit. He is a deacon in the Roman Catholic Church. Sherri would have difficulty having a RC church wedding since she was married before unless she went through the annulment process. I know there were some folks questioning some of the sections of their wedding blog, this could help explain that. Keep meaning to leave this thread behind since I can't come up with any reasonable explanations, but keep wanting there to be a full resolution and justice!

Oh my.

"“In one newsletter sent out under the Project TAKEN name in July 2012, Gamble describes going to Kansas City with his family to work with a girl allegedly rescued from sex trafficking by Exodus Cry Ministries.......
There, too, Gamble thought he had a better grasp on the situation than law enforcement did. “The first thing I heard the Lord saying was to call off the FBI. What? Seriously Father? The FBI? So… I did,” he wrote. “I had no peace regarding the way they were getting ready to approach the situation, and so I delayed their involvement until I could determine a better course of action.”
The age of the “young girl” Gamble tried to keep the FBI from talking to is not clear. Exodus Cry Ministries did not respond to requests for comment."

So the FBI bent to the will of a self-proclaimed expert from Redding, California?

Oh my.

"“In one newsletter sent out under the Project TAKEN name in July 2012, Gamble describes going to Kansas City with his family to work with a girl allegedly rescued from sex trafficking by Exodus Cry Ministries.......
There, too, Gamble thought he had a better grasp on the situation than law enforcement did. “The first thing I heard the Lord saying was to call off the FBI. What? Seriously Father? The FBI? So… I did,” he wrote. “I had no peace regarding the way they were getting ready to approach the situation, and so I delayed their involvement until I could determine a better course of action.”
The age of the “young girl” Gamble tried to keep the FBI from talking to is not clear. Exodus Cry Ministries did not respond to requests for comment."

So the FBI bent to the will of a self-proclaimed expert from Redding, California?

Sounds legit. Right? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member