Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it. Just think it's odd that's all. Along with Keith's new truck not knowing if it's his or his friends.

I don't find it odd--the press has probably been camped out at their street and they didn't want to return to their house. The article says the truck belongs to a friend. Did that come from the dog-walker? Why doubt the person interviewed?

Thank you for this. I have also known victims of sex trafficking here in Phoenix and it is very real. It's hard for me to see comments from others comparing this to the movies or fictional novels. Many cases go unreported, especially when the victims are adults, because they are made to look like they voluntarily chose that life. Once they become addicted to the drugs there is a dependency, and they become brainwashed, tortured etc, so they conform to the pimps commands. It's so much more common than people realize. Yes, runaways and teens are more commonly forced into that lifestyle, but it HAS happened to adult women as well.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't going to interject comment, but the trafficking discussion continues. Please include boys and young men in your scenarios, as they are also victims of this evil enterprise. They don't talk because they have learned not to trust. It is often easy to convince the victims that they, too, will be arrested for sex crimes. Many are estranged from their families and feel whatever horrible things come their way are deserved. Males are not proportionate to females; however, they are victimized, as well. In my opinion, not enough years in the penitentiary for the ring leaders of these crimes.

I read all of Lake16's posts. Very helpful. As this is my first "case" on WS, what does a verified insider mean? Do we know specifically the involvement (i.e. LE, relative, friend, attorney, etc,?). Thanks !

From what I remember back when I got verified for another case, the moderators do. Not us.

From what I remember back when I got verified for another case, the moderators do. Not us.

Thanks ! Assumed so but wasn't sure after reading the qualifications for verification. Thanks !!!!

Wasn't going to interject comment, but the trafficking discussion continues. Please include boys and young men in your scenarios, as they are also victims of this evil enterprise. They don't talk because they have learned not to trust. It is often easy to convince the victims that they, too, will be arrested for sex crimes. Many are estranged from their families and feel whatever horrible things come their way are deserved. Males are not proportionate to females; however, they are victimized, as well. In my opinion, not enough years in the penitentiary for the ring leaders of these crimes.

Yes. You are most certainly correct!

I saw the post. I am well aware that human trafficking is a popular theory here. But it doesn't make any sense. Because 1. human trafficking is too easy for LE to uncover and break up. It can't work, as a few posters here have pointed out. 2. SP doesn't fit the profile of a human trafficking victim, as many have pointed out.

Human trafficking is the worst possible angle to investigate this case from.

I'm not entirely convinced. Some of the gangs in CA are huge. Girls and women can be forced into a form of prostitution wherein all the johns are criminals and gang members. It's not the street corner model of prostitution. Maybe not in this case, bit it certainly exists.

Someone stated upthread that they didn't think SP was subjected to sexual abuse because KP would have been showing much more rage in interviews. I had the same thought. As foully as SP was treated, I really hope she was spared that horrible trauma.

Hey Everyone,

We will be closing this thread shortly for the night.

When you wake up tomorrow there will be a brand new thread for you.

All of that coming in a few minutes.

Tricia

I read all of Lake16's posts. Very helpful. As this is my first "case" on WS, what does a verified insider mean? Do we know specifically the involvement (i.e. LE, relative, friend, attorney, etc,?). Thanks !

Verified Insider means they had to send an email to prove their Identity and case connection to the mods. The mods know who the person is but we don't know unless the VI wants to disclose that to the board. At least that is how I understand it.

Hey Everyone,

We will be closing this thread shortly for the night.

When you wake up tomorrow there will be a brand new thread for you.

All of that coming in a few minutes.

Tricia

Nooooooooooooooooo
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm beginning to think when we find out whatever occurred here, we'll be saying 'WTH? Totally didn't see that coming!'

Has anyone heard from Gitani (not sure if correct name) regarding her sister in law?
She's been in my prayers

From the fire thread...

Jennifer's mother posted about an hour ago on the FB page devoted to remembering Her.

"Her father and I just got back from Oakland from giving our DNA so Jen could be Identified."

Thank you for saying this and I am likely guilty of omitting male victims as well. Not because they don't exist, just attempting to keep the discussion specific to SP and defending the position some have taken that she does not fit the profile because of her age and domesticity. You are correct, and I would think it is even harder for boys/men to come forward as victims just because of the gender stereotypes that have been assigned. ANYONE can be a victim in human (including sex) trafficking. The ones that do escape typically don't come forward, yet another reason why the number of victims continues to be drastically understated. JMO

Article on daily news about 2 hours ago. I am trying to link.

A couple of days after Sherri went missing, her husband Keith sought out Tera's parents
'I felt bad because Keith had so much hope and so much confidence that she'd be found,' said Tera's dad Terry Smith

Nothing bad with having hope, but CONFIDENCE? My migraine is coming back...

Every time I read something like this:

"I know I would..."

"I guarantee I would..."

"If it were me, I would..."

Followed by some heroic act of some sort. Well, I just shake my head. Because I know one thing.
Nobody knows. Nobody. Even if you had been in the exact same situation once, you don't know what you'd do the next time. <modsnip>

Nothing bad with having hope, but CONFIDENCE? My migraine is coming back...

I would try to portray confidence too. The alternative is too horrible to consider. Until a body is found there is hope

Nooooooooooooooooo
attachment.php

LOL Dexter, I have literally been going since about 6 AM. I am beat. The other mods are even more beat and are in bed.

If we could trust that when we wake up in the morning we are not going to have 3 thousand posts trying to tie this kidnapping to a pizza parler, to the Pope, to Barney Fife, we would leave it open like we do all the other threads.

There is something about this story that has everyone that makes some people just nuts. We don't need nuts here. We are a nut free zone. I am too tired to even try to imagine what I just posted sounds like.

A few more minutes then I am coming back to close down.

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members