Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

Well said, Tricia! Sweet dreams :)

2. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

image.jpg

Has anyone read this yet?

3. Seriously?

Seriously? Member

No finger pointing here! When the discussion became more general, I felt the need to speak up. And you're so right about the gender differences and outcries. Heartbreaking all the way around.
    Thanks for acknowledging.

4. Classy1

Classy1 New Member

I feel like we're kids being put to bed lol. Seriously, if this thread wouldn't close, I probably wouldn't get to sleep tonight. So as much as I am compelled to be here, I thank you for closing it and putting me to bed.

5. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Feel free to try and convince me otherwise. I'll listen, but some of the questions asked here would have to be answered to change my mind. Including why does SP not fit the profile of other human trafficking victims? I read most of the articles on human trafficking that were linked to in this thread. Virtually all of them deal with teenage runaway victims. How does this case fit into that category?

Most prostitutes get arrested on a regular basis in sting operations. Why would they not just tell the police about what happened to them? Stockholm syndrome is a partial explanation, but that's not 100% effective. All it would take is one victim to tell investigators about what was going on, and everybody including the ring leaders would get arrested. Which is what I'm sure happens in those FBI press releases, every time they have a sting operation.

6. Classy1

Classy1 New Member

Perhaps out of fear for themselves or their families.

7. Webby45

Webby45 Member

You know, as much as this case bugs me and feels off somehow, after thinking about this and asking what if it happened to one of my loved ones, I realized that I'd do anything possible to get them back.

even if that meant doing business with a shady hostage negotiator, or selling every single thing I own..id do whatever I could to try to get my loved one back.

so I don't blame KP for trying everything he could think of.

8. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

BBM ~ Did I miss something? Why was CG out of town and what was he doing?

9. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Perhaps the cases that involve grown women are less reported by the news because they are not as horrifying (people assume adults choose it) and when a woman gets out it is sometimes because they were arrested as a prostitute? Are underage girls more likely to be reported as rescued instead of arrested? IDK. I don't claim to be an expert on trafficking but I know that just because something happens less frequently, does not make it impossible. There are outliers to every form of crime. JMO.

10. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

O am caught up top! Confused, but I was able to finish reading the posts.
    I did make a point to check out the Facebook pages of the commenters that rated CG and concluded that most of them were fake pages. A few photos, no friends, no posts, hence no comments.
    No surprise that they disappeared as well as their ratings. Obviously others questioned the authenticity of their identities as well.

MOO

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

11. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

After reading Tricia's post, I am in full agreement that she needs sleep! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Rott Mom

Rott Mom Active Member

I pray her beautiful babies have reunited with their mommy. I can't imagine living without my kids
    for three weeks. God Bless this family.

13. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

OK everyone,
    Closing Sherri's thread for the night.

Tomorrow we will start out the day with a brand new thread. CLICK HERE for thread 17

Thank you,

Tricia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.