Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Finally, not every case gets solved and that's true even among the best of the best investigators in the world."

Hmmm. I wonder what the Vidocq Society would think. I know they only take on unsolved murder cases, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall with them discussing this case.

If you rewatch the 20/20 interview, listen and watch for the pause when asked about the abduction. Yes, it's stated she wouldn't have approached a vehicle with men....maybe, maybe not, we don't know what we might do,....however there is a long pause after questioning about was their heads covered..

IMO, yes SP DID see their faces, and might even know of these people, but I would imagine she is afraid of saying anything, like AH was. Especially if there is more than she can identify, or knows about. The fear would be immense if you thought a few perps would be caught, but not the main ones. IMO!

As a side note, Mom knows I follow true crime, but she doesn't. She called it asked if I had heard about this case, and said she thinks the message and the kidnapping was to hurt the husband. Who knows...

I heard the word also. Maybe that is what was branded?

Oh, good to know my mind isn't the only one that might be going completely crazy! At first I was thinking the branding too but then I noticed he was only talking about her bindings and escape from the car at that point, not her injuries. All just too strange!

Personally, I like the exchange of ideas and possibilities. Of course, we don't know the answers. But If I just want to know the outcome of something, I'll read about it when the trial is over. JMO
But of course! The point is that LE won't be exchanging ideas and possibilities with us, the public, which is what I was responding to in the post I commented on.

This just hit my news feed - not sure if mentioned here before, though I do see there is an old thread about Tera Smith's disappaearance.

EXCLUSIVE: How kidnapped supermom Sherri Papini's lookalike high school pal ALSO vanished while out for a jog but - unlike Sherri - was never seen again
Tera Smith - a high school friend of Sherri Papini - disappeared without trace on August 22, 1998 after leaving her Redding, California home for an evening jog
Unlike Sherri's miraculous return on Thanksgiving day, Tera is still missing - no body or any trace of her was ever found
Freshman homecoming princess Tera was 16, was dressed in running gear like her friend was when she was abducted
A couple of days after Sherri went missing, her husband Keith sought out Tera's parents
'I felt bad because Keith had so much hope and so much confidence that she'd be found,' said Tera's dad Terry Smith
'I didn't have a lot of comfort to offer him. How do you tell somebody a few days after their wife's gone missing that she's probably gone for good?'
The Smiths believe their daughter's disappearance was not a random act as has been assumed in Sherri's case

Personally, I like the exchange of ideas and possibilities. Of course, we don't know the answers. But If I just want to know the outcome of something, I'll read about it when the trial is over. JMO

Never discount Websleuths, a lot of us have called cases correctly hundreds of times. WS has helped break cases. And that is without all of the inside information. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think WS was serious business.

One fact which would be helpful in the timeline of her abduction is what time is her mail delivered?

A neighbor reported passing her jogging in the morning, was it 9:30-10:00?
She would not be jogging to the mailbox that early if the mail was delivered later in the day.

Another thought, why would you abduct a person at a set of mailboxes where it is likely other people will be stopping? A mailbox stop is a busy place. There is one in my subdivision, so I speak from experience.

I agree. I think that should be private unless they make arrests and bring charges against the perps--even then charges can be brought without mentioning her by name and we could never know. SP has been humiliated enough. The public doesn't have a right to know if she was raped or not. JMO.

I disagree, if that horrific danger is our there, the public has a right to know....and it is actually irresponsible at this point for the Sheriff not to release more of a description of the perps. JMO

Yeah, but now they've got what, $100,000 in the bank? That should last a while. I know the family put up a $50,000 reward right away, then the raised almost $50,000, then the anonymous Moneybags put up 6 figures and said SP could have some of it...

I had forgotten about the - that should help. As for the ransom, I think it was paid to the abductors, but that's just my gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree, if that horrific danger is our there, the public has a right to know....and it is actually irresponsible at this point for the Sheriff not to release more of a description of the perps. JMO
What makes you think there is more to release at this point about the physical description of the perps? LE told what they had and said if they could develop a composite of the perps they would get that right out.

One fact which would be helpful in the timeline of her abduction is what time is her mail delivered?

She would not be jogging to the mailbox that early if the mail was delivered later in the day.

Another thought, why would you abduct a person at a set of mailboxes where it is likely other people will be stopping? A mailbox stop is a busy place. There is one in my subdivision, so I speak from experience.

When I lived in a neighborhood with mailboxes like that, I didn't get my mail every day. So you can't rely on what time the mail came to say what time she would or would not check her mail. Heck, I have my own mailbox now and have not checked it since Saturday. Gotta go out and do that now....

The word he said was "metal". He started to describe the chain by its material and then corrected himself to identify what it was, rather than what it was made of.

ok, that definitely makes more sense in the context of what he was explaining. Just the way he said it so fast and then corrected himself made me wonder, especially as MILF would certainly have fit in all this.

Ooh I forget the rules-is the NYPost considered a reliable source? Bosenko is waffling again.

Of all of the strange misconceptions in this case, this one's the strangest. Doesn't sound in the least but like MILF to me. Not even a little bit. But I do understand people hear different things.

I think we have so little to go on that we are grasping because Sleuthing is what we do. We have truly been left out of the loop on this one by LE (and rightly so) and are being told things that may be purposefully tainted by the victims (again rightly so, in order to protect their lives possibly). I think unless the perps are caught, and we find out who hired them, and then THEY are neutralized, well I think we will just be going off the rails on a crazy train, iykwim. Jmo, moo.

Because she's OK, thank God, I'm just dying to know the whole enchilada.
Arghhhhh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Haha I completely agree. We probably can't even count the number of scenario's/theories that have come up in all these threads. But sleuthing is what we do here. I wonder if any of us are close, or if we're ALL way off base.

I had forgotten about the - that should help. As for the ransom, I think it was paid to the abductors, but that's just my gut.

I don't think the ransom was paid to the abductors or any of it given to the P's as someone previously stated. I don't think there ever was a ransom but that's JMO.

We probably can't even count the number of scenario's/theories that have come up in all these threads. But sleuthing is what we do here. I wonder if any of us are close, or if we're ALL way off base.

Kind of like the game of Clue. Even in real life there are a finite number of possibilities and fewer probabilities. The chance of someone correctly guessing something is, I'd say, pretty high when hundreds of people are participating in the guessing. Like if someone said, "guess my sign," and there were more than 12 people guessing, the likelihood of at least 1 guess being correct would be almost certain.

I have a feeling they haven't gone far. I mean, how are they living? It must have been difficult even before this happened, with KP being at Best Buy and SP not working. So now either he's not working, or they remain close enough for him to get to his job.

And given the situation, to go too far away would mean leaving behind their entire support system.

BBM.
Interesting assumption about their finances prior to all this. I made the opposite assumption, JMO. We know SP worked as an Account Executive at AT&T at some point based on her LinkedIn. We don't know for sure if she was still employed prior to being abducted and her sister even declined to answer that question at a press conference. I made the assumption that they had chosen as a couple to not have SP work full time while her kids were young so she could spend extra time with them. I know lots of families that made this same decision and were not hurting financially because of it. Most of my friends that did this lived off one income and banked the other spouse's income for a few years prior to having kids. Then the wife quit her job when they had kids with the plan of returning to work when the kids were school age. That's as just my assumption, however, that we can't say the Papini's were hurting financially just because of SP being a SAHM. Only the Papini's know the truth of what their finances were really like. Like many things about this case, I don't know that we can say one way or the other.

Since she was training for a walk/run, I think she could have run to the mailbox early. It's a known distance to her, and if she's trying to get in X amount of miles per day she could have run that distance 2-3 times or more. Just a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.