Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no direct knowledge of that, although I've seen the rumor and discount it as I have never seen actual quotes and names by the supposed in-laws, or any police report filed over it. To me it is seems unsubstantiated, if not outright false like the blog post.
I keep seeing it pop up in discussions, particularly newspaper comments.

I believe there were a number of factors. Publicity, sympathy, and fear of apprehension.

Welcome :)

Is Sherri getting professional help right now to deal with her trauma?

You mentioned you were able to see her. How is she?

I looked at that NY Post "article."

They made up a salacious headline.

They repeated that KP took & passed a polygraph. But they also have an earlier quote that "nothing is being ruled out." So NY Post made up the "husband cannot be excluded" as their headline.

Caveat Emptor & Reader

Exactly. And it's not just the Post with the salacious mess. Many are using that same headline and identical content. It's everywhere now. Shameful. (just google her name + "skips town")
It's all bottom feeder marketing. "Skips Town", "Leaves Dogs Behind". Disgusting. She didn't skip. Jeez

If I ever have to go into hiding for my own safety (again.. I've done it before), I sure won't be telling people. They obviously can't be trusted - well, that is to say, IF these people actually know what they're talking about. They could just be assuming. If it were me, people might assume that I had gone to stay with my rich relative. And then somebody would find me in less than 5 minutes. Brilliant.

But where's a person going to go? I've never understood how the witness protection program works. I live in a small town, yet nearly every time I travel, I run into someone I know. Even once in a remote town of 1500 in Colorado, I ran into someone from my little home town.

These folks won't want to stay in hiding forever. Sooner or later, people wherever they are will know they are there and will start to talk. Then the whole world will know. For all practical purposes, once they've had some time to heal, they might just choose to go back home.

Since it has been released by LE and Keith, I can confirm she still has visible signs of her injuries to her face and elsewhere. I can't provide more information than that.
I hate to ask this, but does she still have wounds on her face?

I read it too, before I read it here.It said the Anonymous Donor was English(It said English rather than British so searching the word "British" wouldn't bring up the original article)

Just for the record, my husband is English (from England) and English folks don't like to be referred to as "British".

British to them means anyone from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

"English" narrows it right down to England.

I don't have direct knowledge of the help she is receiving. I would prefer KP release any statements about that or her current condition.
Welcome :)

Is Sherri getting professional help right now to deal with her trauma?

You mentioned you were able to see her. How is she?

Hi Lake, Do you know if the abductors were aware of the reward money? The ransom money? The community support for Sherri? Thanks.

Thanks again Lake16. I'm wondering what your gut instinct is. Do you think they will find these monsters that did this to Sherri?

Hi Lake,
Do you believe that this case will be resolved?

I have no direct knowledge as to that. Missing posters with the $50k reward offered by the family were put up throughout the state and country at many gas stations, truck stops and rest areas though and even on big rigs. My guess is they were at least aware of that.
Hi Lake, Do you know if the abductors were aware of the reward money? The ransom money? The community support for Sherri? Thanks.

Lake16, welcome

What do you think about Gamble's role in this?

That was a horrendous case. There was also the abduction of Bo Kirk in Idaho, I believe, who was followed home and abducted in his own drive following a supposed road rage incident. I've only followed a handful cases here on WS, but NONE of them have enough similarities to say that there is a pattern of what an abduction or kidnapping should look like. Many crimes are those of opportunity or incited by a single event.

OT, but I recently was driving (in a not so nice area) with my daughter and accidentally pulled out in front of a vehicle I didn't see, cutting them off. Clearly my fault, but 100% accidental. The woman sped up, passed me and then continued to brake check me a half a dozen times. I intentionally kept my distance as my BIL was murdered in a road rage incident and I am constantly reminded of the rage some drivers possess. I finally stopped in the road allowing her to get out of sight. But 1 mile or so down the road, we pulled up to the light at she was stopped in the lane next to me. She got out of her vehicle (obviously enraged) and came to the passenger side where my daughter was sitting (completely terrified). I rolled the window down just enough to communicate and got the first word out. I apologized profusely (I HAD pulled out in front of her and it was my action that initiated the exchange). She went from being furious to befuddled. I think she was expecting me to argue, but the situation was diffused and she walked back to her car. It could have been so much worse. But my point is that anything can happen at any given time. There doesn't have to be a reason that makes sense to us. Clearly a logical person would not follow someone home, but there are evil people in the world who are not thinking logically. Throw in the presence of drugs and there doesn't even have to be a motive. JMO

The people who murdered the Petit family (husband survived) saw the wife and one of the daughters leaving a grocery store, followed them home. Came back later that night and did home invasion.

Just for the record, my husband is English (from England) and English folks don't like to be referred to as "British".

British to them means anyone from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

"English" narrows it right down to England.

LOL. I'm English too :D Which is probably why I noticed it said English rather than British lol.

Lake, you probably can not answer this but I'll try anyway. Do you know what/if/how often she was fed? Is she able to eat fine now?

Ok. To be clear, I never claimed that I was or tried to be. I was just stating something I found curious. I thought that's what we do. I think I'll take a break and come back when the perps are caught.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
It IS what we do. I feel the same. Stay, i find your ideas and point of view valuable.

We are a forum that gets to discuss, hash and rehash aspects of these cases. As long as we stay within TOS. Ignore those that constantly enjoy reminding us that we are not investigators, that we don't know what LE knows, and that we cannot know how one would behave in any situation, blah blah blah. I for one enjoy everyone's differing ideas and views. For the rest, scroll and roll....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Next to some user names (on tapatalk) there is a blue diamond shape, with a V inside the diamond. Can someone tell me what that means? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi Lake16 -
Not really a question. Just wanted to say that I hope the family will some day soon be able to return to their home without any fear.
If you think you can answer - does it seem as though this is a one-time thing and that they can be free from fear of further assault?

Thank you. Please give them all our best.

I don't have direct knowledge of the help she is receiving. I would prefer KP release any statements about that or her current condition.

Do you think she's cooperating with police fully, or do you think she may be intentionally withholding information either out of debt of gratitude or fear?
(The latter would be understandable of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member