Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never discount Websleuths, a lot of us have called cases correctly hundreds of times. WS has helped break cases. And that is without all of the inside information. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think WS was serious business.

I'll say if CG can call himself a Hostage Negotiator with 100% proficiency, then we can call ourselves Law Enforcement/Elite Detectives. Elementary my dear Watson. :D

Papini's head was covered with a hood the entire time, making it hard to see anything but the women's eyes as they abused her.

SBM How can you see someone eyes when you are covered with a hood? if my eyes are just a tiny bit open peripheral vision would latch unto something.

Any ideas?

My 2 cents -

It's the Daily Mail reporting. They have been notoriously careless about reporting accurately in the past (not just this case). I have an issue with their description of "hood". A hood implies covered head/face entirely with maybe eyes visible. I don't think SP or LE used the description of "hood". Daily Mail's word, my best guess

Respectfully? For the most part. I wish they would release more information than they have as I don't believe everything is as crucial to the investigation as they do, but what do I know. I
Hi. Do Sherri and Keith think they have been treated fairly and respectfully by law enforcement agencies? Thanks.

Lake, did Sherri know prior to her release that she would be let go?

Randon tip for Tapatalk users: If you don't necessarily want to announce that you are posting each message from your whatever phone using Tapatalk, go to the home screen and click on the icon that looks like a person. Under settings>signature, that option can be turned off.
Also the way to report a post is different on tapatalk than a computer. You tap the post to highlight it then click the three vertical dots at the top right corner and select "report" then type whatever in the box and submit. Took me a while so I figured I'd throw that out there. I presume it's the same or similar depending on every device you use.

Ashleigh is reporting breaking news that Kristy Porter has just been found.

Someone mentioned the Kristy Porter case here earlier. If anyone is following, Ashleigh is about to discuss her on HLN Primetime Justice.

The release of so many parolee's and sex offenders into the Redding area is an outrage imho. This used to be a good place to live. There still are many good people here, as evidenced by their support for the family. I hope the area can be saved but I'm not optimistic.

soj51. I am optimistic. And fed up. And especially after what happened to this girl, what brown and the rest refer to as law, they can shove right back up the hole it came out of.

Tough question. I go back and forth on that. I lean towards random, but she may have been followed or came to the abductors attention in some other way.

I've been doing landscape maintenance in Redding for the past 18 years. I've seen enough in the past 8 from very questionable others doing the same for less than half price to wonder if they scout while on their route, for any opportunity. Just a thought, that was probably already thought.

JMO

Lately I have been leaning toward a twisted punish motive rather than something like a sex trafficking motive. Primarily because she was released.

I do have a question about sex trafficking if anyone knows.

We keep hearing that these traffickers can kidnap and then use them for prostitution purposes.

What prevents the girls from just escaping when on their Tricks?
Or telling the "john" they are being forced into this and to have the John tell LE for them and how to find them. Even ask the John to setup a sting with LE for them so she can be saved.

I have never quite understood how they keep control over them if they are prostituting with general public people who could help them.

The pimp or holder of these women cannot be with them 100 percent of the time if they are doing tricks. Sure they may be outside the door but that doesnt mean the girls could not secretly ask the john to help them get away from their abductor.

I never have understood this very well.
I suppose I figure the victims are scared, that frequently the pimps know the johns and/or since prostitution is illegal they don't trust the johns to be helpful. And they're probably threatened...

Lake: was SP at the Shasta Mall that day at any point?

Even w/a bag over her head, I think she could tell the difference in the two original kidnappers and when she changed hands to another person who abused her, and then went back to the original kidnappers. Not meaning to sound snarky but there'd have to be a difference that you'd notice. A handing off of the property, so to speak. One would have a hard time not noticing that you'd changed hands.

True, but maybe that is some of the 'sensitive' info that the Sheriff did not want to discuss publicly. If she had no way to identify the male, then why discuss them at all on tv?

Unfortunately, I have to wrap it up for now as i promised some friends I would visit. Thank you for your courtesy and I will come back in the future. I apologize for not being able to answer some of your questions, or not answer them fully.

Unfortunately, I have to wrap it up for now as i promised some friends I would visit. Thank you for your courtesy and I will come back in the future. I apologize for not being able to answer some of your questions, or not answer them fully.

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions

Thank you for joining us. I'm thinking of and praying for Sherri.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Keith stated in the 20/20 interview SP was a stay at home mom. You can disregard her prior employment.

That's correct.

Then how does this fit in???

Reporter: I know that she was a dedicated mother. Was she employed in some other fashion? And second, that, as a family have you have you been discussing who may have had a motive to do something like this?
Sheila: That would be a question I would ask Shasta County sheriff’s office.

Reporter: Was she employed?
Sheila: I don’t have an answer to that question.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...held-by-sherri-papinis-sister-sheila-koester/ (source)

Thank you Lake16 and I hope you will come back again.

BBM

I have never understood the cynicism regarding their 4 year old son say ing "You can tell me anything, Dad." I'm a parent. My initial reaction was sadness because I immediately thought -Oh he's heard his mom and dad say that to him - "You can tell us anything, son"; and now here he was seeing his dad in such emotional pain so he only knew to say, "You can tell me anything, Dad." This 4 year old little boy was comforting his Dad in the only way he knew how, IMO.

It broke my heart. :'(

Mine too. It was one of the many times I cried during that interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member