Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, Tricia! Sweet dreams :)

LOL Dexter, I have literally been going since about 6 AM. I am beat. The other mods are even more beat and are in bed.

If we could trust that when we wake up in the morning we are not going to have 3 thousand posts trying to tie this kidnapping to a pizza parler, to the Pope, to Barney Fife, we would leave it open like we do all the other threads.

There is something about this story that has everyone that makes some people just nuts. We don't need nuts here. We are a nut free zone. I am too tired to even try to imagine what I just posted sounds like.

A few more minutes then I am coming back to close down.

Thank you,
Tricia

EXCLUSIVE: How kidnapped supermom Sherri Papini's lookalike high school pal ALSO vanished while out for a jog but - unlike Sherri - was never seen again

Tera Smith (pictured) was a high school friend of Sherri Papini. She disappeared without trace on August 22, 1998 after leaving her rural home in Redding, California for an early evening jog

Terry, 57, admitted to Keith - who by then was becoming increasingly desperate over his wife's disappearance - that he had placed far too much faith in law enforcement back in 1998.

Speaking alongside her husband at the Oasis Fun Center, a miniature golf and go-cart business the family owns off Interstate 5, Tera's mom Marilyn, 56, said: 'Because of our experience we just thought Sherri was gone. When she wasn't back in 48 hours, we didn't have very much hope.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...ithout-trace-parents-tell-think-happened.html

image.jpg

Has anyone read this yet?

Thank you for saying this and I am likely guilty of omitting male victims as well. Not because they don't exist, just attempting to keep the discussion specific to SP and defending the position some have taken that she does not fit the profile because of her age and domesticity. You are correct, and I would think it is even harder for boys/men to come forward as victims just because of the gender stereotypes that have been assigned. ANYONE can be a victim in human (including sex) trafficking. The ones that do escape typically don't come forward, yet another reason why the number of victims continues to be drastically understated. JMO

No finger pointing here! When the discussion became more general, I felt the need to speak up. And you're so right about the gender differences and outcries. Heartbreaking all the way around.
Thanks for acknowledging.

LOL Dexter, I have literally been going since about 6 AM. I am beat. The other mods are even more beat and are in bed.

If we could trust that when we wake up in the morning we are not going to have 3 thousand posts trying to tie this kidnapping to a pizza parler, to the Pope, to Barney Fife, we would leave it open like we do all the other threads.

There is something about this story that has everyone that makes some people just nuts. We don't need nuts here. We are a nut free zone. I am too tired to even try to imagine what I just posted sounds like.

A few more minutes then I am coming back to close down.

Thank you,
Tricia

I feel like we're kids being put to bed lol. Seriously, if this thread wouldn't close, I probably wouldn't get to sleep tonight. So as much as I am compelled to be here, I thank you for closing it and putting me to bed.

Thanks for answering. You are entitled to your opinion and I won't try to convince you otherwise. :moo:

Feel free to try and convince me otherwise. I'll listen, but some of the questions asked here would have to be answered to change my mind. Including why does SP not fit the profile of other human trafficking victims? I read most of the articles on human trafficking that were linked to in this thread. Virtually all of them deal with teenage runaway victims. How does this case fit into that category?

Most prostitutes get arrested on a regular basis in sting operations. Why would they not just tell the police about what happened to them? Stockholm syndrome is a partial explanation, but that's not 100% effective. All it would take is one victim to tell investigators about what was going on, and everybody including the ring leaders would get arrested. Which is what I'm sure happens in those FBI press releases, every time they have a sting operation.

Feel free to try and convince me otherwise. I'll listen, but some of the questions asked here would have to be answered to change my mind. Including why does SP not fit the profile of other human trafficking victims? I read most of the articles on human trafficking that were linked to in this thread. Virtually all of them deal with teenage runaway victims. How does this case fit into that category?

Most prostitutes get arrested on a regular basis in sting operations. Why would they not just tell the police about what happened to them? Stockholm syndrome is a partial explanation, but that's not 100% effective. All it would take is one victim to tell investigators about what was going on, and everybody including the ring leaders would get arrested. Which is what I'm sure happens in those FBI press releases, every time they have a sting operation.

Perhaps out of fear for themselves or their families.

You know, as much as this case bugs me and feels off somehow, after thinking about this and asking what if it happened to one of my loved ones, I realized that I'd do anything possible to get them back.

even if that meant doing business with a shady hostage negotiator, or selling every single thing I own..id do whatever I could to try to get my loved one back.

so I don't blame KP for trying everything he could think of.

One of the things I've noticed is that Bethel hasn't exactly jumped for joy about CG and in fact has removed some of the stuff from their website about him, which they removed the page where he talked about his hostage negotiation in Mexico. I'm still thinking back when SP was first abducted that CG went to the media on 11/6 with a fake donor so the media rejecting him, he then flattered LJ via his fake donor so that he could get KP to vouch for him and that is why he didn't reappear again until 11/17. Also with CG being out of town most of the time, it doesn't exactly sound like someone who is immediately able to respond if an abductor actually had called to say they wanted to take the ransom money and run.

BBM ~ Did I miss something? Why was CG out of town and what was he doing?

Perhaps the cases that involve grown women are less reported by the news because they are not as horrifying (people assume adults choose it) and when a woman gets out it is sometimes because they were arrested as a prostitute? Are underage girls more likely to be reported as rescued instead of arrested? IDK. I don't claim to be an expert on trafficking but I know that just because something happens less frequently, does not make it impossible. There are outliers to every form of crime. JMO.

Whew! Ok...caught up. Good thing I'm a fast reader!

Is the Ashleigh Banfield report accurate, the one about LE announcing that they are not ruling Keith out? Did I read that correctly?

Whiplash, baby.
O am caught up top! Confused, but I was able to finish reading the posts.
Of note, the Project Taken Facebook page has scrubbed all reviews (many linked to the Daily Beast article) and numerous skeptical comments.

Instead of addressing the discrepancies mentioned in the article, they're trying to bury the question. It should be really easy to address to issues if there are honest answers to those questions.
I did make a point to check out the Facebook pages of the commenters that rated CG and concluded that most of them were fake pages. A few photos, no friends, no posts, hence no comments.
No surprise that they disappeared as well as their ratings. Obviously others questioned the authenticity of their identities as well.

MOO

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

After reading Tricia's post, I am in full agreement that she needs sleep! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pray her beautiful babies have reunited with their mommy. I can't imagine living without my kids
for three weeks. God Bless this family.

OK everyone,
Closing Sherri's thread for the night.

Tomorrow we will start out the day with a brand new thread. CLICK HERE for thread 17

Thank you,

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members