Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo only, but I believe in LD tests. There is a reason they are still in use after decades of much advanced technology.

I had to take one back in the eighties in my first real job, when a sum of money was missing from the hotel manager's safe. Of those of us who had the combination , we all passed the LD with the exception of one woman, who failed and later confessed and returned the money to avoid prosecution.

It was a terrifying experience and I was not at all calm. I was a nervous mess but I still passed, as did the others.

Anyway, kind of OT and FWIW...

We have two "UNSUBS" No suspects have been found or named. JMO LOL No one has been a suspect to be ruled out as one. This is silly. JMO

I think there are a couple of reasons
Perhaps all LE has to work with is what Sherri has told them.. two Hispanic women
Perhaps LE knows exactly who they are looking for

I do think that IF LE doesn't know who they are looking for, and Sherri can't tell them anything specific , the more information that is published, the better
LE are not asking for the public's help...

I agree. It's possible the people who did this are too dangerous to get the public involved.

AFAIK the only one who knows who the identity of the anonymous donor is CG. It's not just that, but more recently CG used the anonymous donor as his mouthpiece:
But the alleged anonymous donor told The Daily Beast that he picked Gamble as a hostage negotiator, after a family friend of the Papinis put him in touch.

Using an anonymous email set up for Papini’s recovery, the donor defended his tactics, using language similar to what Gamble said in his video when talking about potential tipsters.

“These people are also felons, drug addicts and people with warrants out for their arrest that aren’t going to go to the police with the hopes of getting reward money,” the donor wrote. “Offering these people CASH without them having to reveal their identity is attractive.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-the-center-of-sherri-papini-s-abduction.html

According to the TV station they received the same letter on 11/6 as they did around 11/17, so CG was already involved a few days after she went missing, which per CG's current story KP would have had to authorized him on or before 11/6:
"KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6."
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
I believe what happened was CG did this fake thing back on 11/6 and it went nowhere, so he then had to work his way to KP via LJ where he through his fake donor flattered LJ's FB work stating she's the reason he's offering a ransom. Then from there LJ vouched for the anonymous donor to KP who then authorized CG to act around 11/17 where CG could use KP's authority to get it published without having to explain away the donor. That is why when you read about it now it portrays his involvement as happening weeks later, like this is the 20/20 tie-in article saying it was only after the Papinis had raised about $50K on that CG got involved:
The Papini family started a account, and they raised nearly $50,000 in donations. Then, Keith took a chance with a man named Cameron Gamble, who said he represented an anonymous donor.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

Personally, I consider the Daily Beast to be a blog and not a valid source of news. Since the anonymous donor never identified themselves how would the DB verify they spoke to them and not some random person claiming to be the donor? I also don't think the money is the same money as what the donor was offering. The money was being withdrawn to use for search efforts and for other things for the family before CG did his video. But those are just my opinions. I understand it's confusing when the anonymous person refused to identify themselves. I understand the desire to try to make it make sense and I'm just saying what makes more sense to me is that there actually is another person involved who didn't want to reveal there identity. It just feels a little too unbelievable to me that CG would make up some elaborate anonymous donor angle when he could just offer to be a hero and claim he was putting up the money himself. Everyone seems to think he is very egotistical and I see that as well which is why I don't believe he would make up a 3rd party if there was a chance to take complete credit for the idea all on his own. MOO. :moo:

I was rather shocked to see our "inside source" (or is it "verified source," sorry, forgot the actual terminology!) say he thought CG's involvement was helpful in the previous thread. Is it confirmed that our source is with LE, or is he an insider in some other way (friend of the family, etc.)?

I just cannot imagine LE saying CG was helpful. He's an amateur with no verified experience in kidnappings, he's at best embellished his record and experience. At best... Can you imagine the scene if someone actually wanted to negotiate SP's release, but insisted on only speaking with CG, instead of a highly experienced professional negotiator from the FBI? Insanity.

I'm pretty sure they are not LE.

She was so tiny she could've easily been mistaken for a teen.

I agree with this right here. I'm still leaning towards the trafficking angle... I think this is where we will find answers. If we can find any.

Thank god this mama is home with her kids and husband for the holidays. It's a true miracle and testament to how strong she is after what she endured. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CG had already gone public on 11/6

The reverse ransom was made public via Facebook for the first time on 11/19 I believe. Then on 11/23 5a CG made a new video offering a new reward combining the original 50k with another 50k and opened it up to everyone not just the abductor(s).

I'm sure she would too. Doesn't mean she knows what all their faces look like. I wasn't saying she didn't know if other people were involved. I'm saying the public doesn't need to know if there's a lack of description. What good does it do the public to say she had an encounter with a chubby male, with hairy legs? It doesn't. There are reasons LE won't come out and answer that question. There are reasons the verified insider won't come out and answer that question. There is sensitive information they are purposely keeping from the public.

I don't have the exact quote handy but LE did explicitly state that no other people had been mentioned by SP besides the two Latina women.

I agree with this right here. I'm still leaning towards the trafficking angle... I think this is where we will find answers. If we can find any.

Thank god this mama is home with her kids and husband for the holidays. It's a true miracle and testament to how strong she is after what she endured. <3

It sure is. She's the definition of survivor. So happy she has her privacy during this time.

Our source is a verified insider. I can assure you this person was properly vetted.

It is up to you to believe our verified insider's information or not. However, I must insist when you post about our verified member you do so in a polite manner.

I was rather shocked to see our "inside source" (or is it "verified source," sorry, forgot the actual terminology!) say he thought CG's involvement was helpful in the previous thread. Is it confirmed that our source is with LE, or is he an insider in some other way (friend of the family, etc.)?

I just cannot imagine LE saying CG was helpful. He's an amateur with no verified experience in kidnappings, he's at best embellished his record and experience. At best... Can you imagine the scene if someone actually wanted to negotiate SP's release, but insisted on only speaking with CG, instead of a highly experienced professional negotiator from the FBI? Insanity.

Exactly. Ruling him out based on a lie detector test makes no sense to me. Lie detector tests are incredibly unreliable, which is why they are not admissible in court. To rule someone out based on a lie detector test is like ruling them out for correctly calling "heads" on a coin flip.

For LE, it's much more than just the polygraph. First, simply agreeing to take the test reflects positively on KP, as opposed to immediately lawyering up. Second, it allows LE to ask numerous questions just to see if he ever contradicts himself (which is recorded on video, no doubt.) Guilty people often screw up the details because they have to "remember" things that never actually took place. And third, while every lie isn't detected by the polygraph, the results will show which areas of questioning caused the subject the greatest amount of stress, if any.

LE specifically stated that nothing points to trafficking in this case.

Exactly. Ruling him out based on a lie detector test makes no sense to me. Lie detector tests are incredibly unreliable, which is why they are not admissible in court. To rule someone out based on a lie detector test is like ruling them out for correctly calling "heads" on a coin flip.

They did not just rule him out based on a lie detector though. KP gave all his phone and computer records, he had evidence of where he was all day and the Sheriff said he was not a suspect. The Sheriff took 9 days to investigate and rule him out so they did not do so at random. But the point is that LE DID rule KP out.

Does anyone know why the FBI isn't involved? Or why they haven't released any sorta sketch of the ladies

Personally, I consider the Daily Beast to be a blog and not a valid source of news. Since the anonymous donor never identified themselves how would the DB verify they spoke to them and not some random person claiming to be the donor? I also don't think the money is the same money as what the donor was offering. The money was being withdrawn to use for search efforts and for other things for the family before CG did his video. But those are just my opinions. I understand it's confusing when the anonymous person refused to identify themselves. I understand the desire to try to make it make sense and I'm just saying what makes more sense to me is that there actually is another person involved who didn't want to reveal there identity. It just feels a little too unbelievable to me that CG would make up some elaborate anonymous donor angle when he could just offer to be a hero and claim he was putting up the money himself. Everyone seems to think he is very egotistical and I see that as well which is why I don't believe he would make up a 3rd party if there was a chance to take complete credit for the idea all on his own. MOO. :moo:
You make a good point. As for the DB article, it reads like a tabloid "hit piece" more than anything else. Not that CG hasn't opened himself up for criticism, because he has. Still, he makes an easy target and good click bait, IMO.

Personally, I consider the Daily Beast to be a blog and not a valid source of news. :
Have you read the Daily Beast piece on CG from 12/5? It is excellent investigative journalism. And just FYI, my degree is in Journalism and I'm not easily impressed.

KP mentioned SP having severe burns and I'm still wondering if they could be attributed to a taser. In my attempt to find a LE log to substantiate the report of women tasing a girl at the dog park, I came across an article that gives a trafficking victim's perspective and addresses many of the discusses we've had here. The woman from PA, "Ashley", was sucked into trafficking through addiction but was an adult with a social sciences degree prior to drug use. There are obvious differences between her and SP, but the article speaks to the methods of torture, reasons why victims are unable to just leave, and that it can and does happen anywhere. BBM. MOO.

Her husband, Keith Papini, told "GMA" in an exclusive statement that she endured mental and physical abuse while being held captive for three weeks. "Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multicolored bruises, severe burns, red rashes and chain markings," he said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-mom-sherri-papini-message-burned-skin-sick/story?id=43869060

When she spoke of leaving the grungy Allentown-area motels where she worked, the men who pimped her out beat her and threatened her with a stun gun.
And after her arrest, when she fled angry and dope-sick to a friend's house, the men found her, forced her into a car and took her to a motel where they took turns raping her. When they finished, the men warned her that if she reported the assaults, they'd find her and kill her.

With Ashley's cooperation, Allentown police and
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement were able to help her and three other women escape a life of sex slavery and prosecute the Allentown men who profited from their servitude.

ICE, which investigates human trafficking domestically and across American borders, reported a nearly six-fold increase in human trafficking convictions initiated by the agency in the last five years. Between 2012 and 2014, convictions for the crimes more than doubled from 381 to 828 nationally, according to the agency.

Police and federal agents must work to accommodate the victims' issues, which might involve distrust of law enforcement, fear of retaliation, language barriers, addiction and homelessness.

They would stay in one place for a few days to a week, but Blount and King were ready to move on a moment's notice, Ashley said.
"If they felt we were being watched or they were suspicious, they would pack us up and go to another hotel," she said.

"If they felt we weren't making enough money, they wouldn't give us drugs," Ashley said, adding that the pimps would force her to have sex with customers even when she was suffering withdrawal sickness.

When they thought the women were ignoring calls from johns, Blount and King would get violent, she said. On several occasions, after she told them she wanted to go home, King assaulted Ashley as Blount watched. Both men threatened her with a Taser, court records say.

When the two other women stopped working for Blount and King, the pimps found them at an Allentown-area motel and left a threatening note on the door, court documents say: "Ah yes crazy *****es you can run but you can't hide. [I've] been watching you … for days … when you least expect it we will pop up and brake both of your noses so be safe *****es ... But I know where you live next step house on fire," the note said, according to court filings.

Among her customers were local doctors, an owner of a local car dealership and businessmen from out of town. On her busiest day, Ashley earned $1,800, she said.

"Now that we know the lay of the land, we have more cases than we know what to do with," Morgan said. "I don't think any city is immune to this problem," Morgan said.

But even when officers spot signs that a person is being held against her will, they face an additional challenge in gaining the victim's trust and cooperation. "It's often a long, cumbersome process to gain the trust of the victim to get them to the point they can tell their story," Walker said. Rhodes said victims shy away from working with police because of a history of abuse, forced drug use and manipulation.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-lehigh-valley-sex-trafficking-20150509-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288