Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmr

lmr Well-Known Member

natsound...
    I want to say that I think that it shows great caring, that you feel this way. I would wager that you are a wonderful protector!

2. Lake16

Lake16 Verified Insider

I agree with everything except "slightly". I'd stick with the term CHP used: heavily

3. lmr

lmr Well-Known Member

Which is why we're on thread #19 :facepalm:

4. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

Not me.

5. Russian Blue

Russian Blue Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the link to CG's video/ movie/ advertisement?

6. yllek

yllek Well-Known Member

It's possible that one of two captors was more compassionate and defied the other captor by releasing SP, but I'm not assuming that's the case either. For all I know, the person who released SP was the dominant one and more of a risk taker.

It's just as possible, to me, that the plan was always for one captor to transport and release SP while the other immediately cleaned up the location where she had been held.

7. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

Both women were obviously involved in abducting SP and holding her captive for 22 days. But I haven't seen anything to confirm that it was both women that beat, tortured and branded her. One of them could have always been along for the ride while the other took the more aggressive role. Maybe the one who released her spent more time with her and got to know her on a more personal level. I can't imagine ever being in that situation, but I would definitely try to befriend the abductor and appeal to whatever (albeit little or nonexistent) compassion or humanity they had. JMO

8. snowboots

snowboots New Member

I do not. A serial offender, maybe.

9. natsound

natsound Well-Known Member

Thx Imr. Everyone on this board is a wonderful protector. I have a desire to sort through all the muck in this case though.

10. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2ยข.

That is a very interesting thought. I kinda doubt it b/c I don't think there's any real fame or fortune involved. However, some folks get pretty competitive over a lot of things. I pulled up the list of just the six mile run and there were over 500 people running in that one alone.

11. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Sure, if you put it that way. But I could describe another potential scenario.

Maybe she was laying on the floor by the back seat. And she was not crying because she was trying to stay alert and figure out how to get out of this nightmare. So she is listening to the sound of the radio because it is the only thing she can hear. And she wonders what town it is coming from, and what might be said on the news. Maybe she is listening as a way to focus on something so she does not have a meltdown. Even rapid fire, I would be able to pick out the numbers when they do the TOP OF THE HOUR announcements. All radio stations seem to have those.

My scenario seems as potentially realistic as yours does.

12. natsound

When that less aggressive abductor walks into the Sheriff's office to confess and blow the case wide open, I'll buy everyone a round of that fancy ice cream drink discussed a few pages ago.

13. Syn

Syn New Member

I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but could there possibly be more than just two perpetrators? I just can't shake the feeling that there's someone else calling the shots, and the two women were just the cronies.

14. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

I think it's possible one was in charge and said something like "I'm not getting out of bed at 3am, go get rid of her and be back in an hour."

I see zero evidence of humanity from either of them.

15. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Thank You. Point taken.

16. natsound

THAT makes more sense to me, but who the heck knows? One of them may have been passed out on heroin for all we know. One of them might be dead.

17. Lake16

Lake16 Verified Insider

Combine that with (possibly) a ST abduction gone bad, massive publicity of your captive, significant rewards for someone willing to turn you in and the fact that kidnapping is an 8 year prison term vs a lethal injection gig and you might be able to bake a cake, even with a number of other ingredients missing.

18. northXnorthwest1

northXnorthwest1 Former Member

Respectfully I think it sounds more like the stuff of TV or the kind of thing we would assign in hindsight. I don't think it's just as realistic for a NorCal white girl to pick out the time on a Spanish Radio station a couple of hours after being abducted.

And we don't even know that the radio was on or that it even worked.

But honestly, I live in the Texas Panhandle and have been exposed to so much more Spanish speakers than SP ever was. I place zero confidence in my ability to pick out the time from Spanish radio in a completely controlled setting, much less the kind SP faced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

You're on! But I think that's a safe bet, though we may not agree on the reasons why she'd be unlikely to confess. She could've been putting her own life at risk in releasing SP, so I wouldn't expect to hear from her unless they were both apprehended and she tried to cut a deal. JMO

20. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

I agree it is unlikely unless SP was the winner in past years and someone was trying to keep her out of the competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.