Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to eat somewhere. If his last call before lunch was on the 'home' side of town, if would only be a few minute drive to get home. He could potentially juggle his calls to try and make that happen, too. And he might not know what his calls were until he went in to work, so couldn't tell her ahead of time.

I do find myself wondering if the text was typical or not. Did she ask him that a lot? Or was it a one-off? That is, what it a routine text, or unusual?

If she was planning to take off, maybe she wanted to be sure she had ample time before he came home and found out she was gone. Just a guess, of course.

Your questions line up with my current
questions. Before the husband was cleared, I was suspicious of him but now cast in a different light, these questions should be discussed.

It has been said she was a woman of routine. Why didn't she clarify in the morning with her husband if he was coming home for lunch or not?

I also find it odd that he would travel home for lunch, being familar with the area, most people that live in that area, do not go home for an hour lunch break. They live about a 20 min drive, one way from The Best Buy in Redding. He would be driving from wherever his work was for the morning which could be anywhere in the region, and that region is huge considering it is the only Best Buy within about a 75 miles. In addition, he would be driving a company car, The Geek Squad car, that Best Buy employees drive who do home theater installations. Why would he be allowed to drive that home for lunch when he couldn't even bring his phone inside with him?

When I have scheduled with Best Buy for installations, a four hour window of time is given for either morning, afternoon or evening. Point being his work schedule was anything but routine, so her question about lunch seems to not sit right with me.
Well maybe he would come home if he was in the vicinity, but couldn't always guarantee if he could.

Someone just posted on FB that they found a Nike shoe in brush off of Lake Forest St.

Anyone know if that is in the vicinity of where she was last seen?

According to the missing poster Sherri was wearing black "Under Armour" shoes, when she disappeared, not Nike shoes.

http://note.taable.com/post/5B635/California-Nevada/2bT-T865-354004951-494T94T67T57569

"Sherri is 5’3” tall, weighs 100 lbs., has blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink running jacket top similar to the one shown on the bottom right and black Under Armour shoes."

He has to eat somewhere. If his last call before lunch was on the 'home' side of town, if would only be a few minute drive to get home. He could potentially juggle his calls to try and make that happen, too. And he might not know what his calls were until he went in to work, so couldn't tell her ahead of time.

I do find myself wondering if the text was typical or not. Did she ask him that a lot? Or was it a one-off? That is, what it a routine text, or unusual?

bbm - I am wondering that too. If his job was such that he wouldn't be able to say if he could come home for lunch before he got to the office and saw the schedule, this would be the case every day, wouldn't it? So did she send him a text every day to find out whether he's close enough to come home? I kind of doubt it. So why did she ask that day?

It could of course be something completely unrelated like, she needed to know because otherwise she would make a different kind of lunch (prepare something she loves but he doesn't, for example).

The text could have meant she was feeling lonely.

I do agree, it does seem like he wouldn't go home for lunch very often.

It could have been something she pushed him to do as often as possible, especially on days the kids were at daycare.

Judging by the amount of time she's been gone, the hundreds of comments I've read from her friends and family about her character, and the lack of total evidence (that we know of) in this case- I'm just not feeling that she walked away.
It seems like she would reach out to somebody by now. Her parents, friends and in laws are still searching from what I've seen on Facebook. I haven't found one accusatory comment from anyone that knows her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by the amount of time she's been gone, the hundreds of comments I've read from her friends and family about her character, and the lack of total evidence (that we know of) in this case- I'm just not feeling that she walked away.
It seems like she would reach out to somebody by now. Her parents, friends and in laws are still searching from what I've seen on Facebook. I haven't found one accusatory comment from anyone that knows her.

100% agree.

My theory is he rarely got home for lunch. His work territory was huge. The Redding Best Buy is the only Best Buy between Chico, Ca & Medford Or (219 miles N to S) & none to the west (being Eureka, Ca 148 miles from Redding). There is one 199 miles East in Reno, Nv.

He is driving a company car with a gps most likely with another tech. They are normally dispatched for the day to make calls in the same general area or some kind of route for the day.

My thought process is if he starts a job @ 9:00 am he usually won't know how long the job will take take. 1 hour or 3, all depends. once your done with the first you move into the next job & eat on the go. Your whole day is dependent on what kind of complications you run into.

So again, that text from her (or maybe not from her) does not seem normal.

I don't think I've ever been so back and forth like this on a case before. It's mentally exhausting. Can you imagine how her family and friends are feeling? Geesh! My eyes are crossing.

bbm - I am wondering that too. If his job was such that he wouldn't be able to say if he could come home for lunch before he got to the office and saw the schedule, this would be the case every day, wouldn't it? So did she send him a text every day to find out whether he's close enough to come home? I kind of doubt it. So why did she ask that day?

It could of course be something completely unrelated like, she needed to know because otherwise she would make a different kind of lunch (prepare something she loves but he doesn't, for example).

One thing that it could possibly be was that she sent it because she was under duress or as a trying to send an SOS in sight of her abductors. In the Mansion Murders case in DC rather elaborate things were done to have the hostages send messages to either keep others away or to lure others to be captured. The text could have been sent by abductors or by her as a coded message depending on the circumstances. I'd really like to know how common or unusual such a text was. It bothers me that there was a wide range of hours she was reported by neighbors as being seen, which I think whether this was something voluntary or involuntary that the text may be significant.

However, that actually could be a motivation for her to flee if she felt pressured to be supermom/superwife/superfriend/etc. She could have been secretly miserable but felt she couldn't talk to anyone about it and was afraid of failing, so she opted for a new life. High achievers have voluntarily run away due to the pressure itself of being a high achiever.

My theory is he rarely got home for lunch. His work territory was huge. The Redding Best Buy is the only Best Buy between Chico, Ca & Medford Or (219 miles N to S) & none to the west (being Eureka, Ca 148 miles from Redding). There is one 199 miles East in Reno, Nv.

He is driving a company car with a gps most likely with another tech. They are normally dispatched for the day to make calls in the same general area or some kind of route for the day.

My thought process is if he starts a job @ 9:00 am he usually won't know how long the job will take take. 1 hour or 3, all depends. once your done with the first you move into the next job & eat on the go. Your whole day is dependent on what kind of complications you run into.

So again, that text from her (or maybe not from her) does not seem normal.

However it is possible that he knew what his next mornings job was to be---because often they are planned a day or more in advance. Or they sometimes overlap if a job cannot be completed. So there is a possibility that he might have known he was going to be close to home the next morning, and told his wife he might be able to have lunch with her.

However, that actually could be a motivation for her to flee if she felt pressured to be supermom/superwife/superfriend/etc. She could have been secretly miserable but felt she couldn't talk to anyone about it and was afraid of failing, so she opted for a new life. High achievers have voluntarily run away due to the pressure itself of being a high achiever.

I do understand that. This is why at first I was leaning towards her leaving on her own. It just seems like in previous cases that I recall, where a mother voluntarily vanished, she popped up a few days later. Time is ticking away and there's nothing. No sightings, no surveillance. Nothing. To me that's a very bad sign.

I've finally worked out what is bothering me about the texts. And this is not a speculation of guilt about KP, just an observation that Sherri texting him to ask if he's home for lunch seems odd to me.

Firstly, did they not have a conversation in the morning? How early in the am would KP have left for a mother of very young children not to have been awake or able to have a conversation with KP?

Secondly, being that it was mid-morning and knowing that KP never takes his phone in with him on a job, Sherri would probably be aware that she wouldn't get a reply to the lunch question until... well, lunch. By that time, the question is a little redundant.

I don't know where I'm going with this; I have no wild theories, I just think it's odd that she sent that message in the first place.

Could someone else have sent the text? Or could she have been made to send it under duress?

:sigh: Where is Sherri? [emoji20]

When you work a job that's mostly off-site appointments, you 1. aren't necessary aware of your exact schedule in the morning before you leave home, and 2. aren't necessarily aware how your schedule is going to turn out (appointments can be cancelled or run late.)
Ergo, no, you might have absolutely no idea whether you will be able to go home for lunch.
I used to manage a hair salon at one point in my life, and even though those weren't even off-site appointments, stylists had no idea how exactly their days were going to turn out, and whether they will even have time to grab lunch, let alone leave the salon to eat.

With the type of work he has been doing where his schedule can change from one minute to the next, and the fact that he is not able to take his phone into people's homes, to me, it's actually the most logical thing for his wife to text him closer to lunchtime to see if he was able to come home or not. I honestly don't understand how this would be suspicious in any way.

MOO

If she was planning to take off, maybe she wanted to be sure she had ample time before he came home and found out she was gone. Just a guess, of course.
I kind of thought the same thing.

Sent from my VK410 using Tapatalk

I do understand that. This is why at first I was leaning towards her leaving on her own. It just seems like in previous cases that I recall, where a mother voluntarily vanished, she popped up a few days later. Time is ticking away and there's nothing. No sightings, no surveillance. Nothing. To me that's a very bad sign.

Abduction, secret lover, suicide?

When he texted back, he did say, ‘Sorry, it is going to be a late day.’

Then he got home around 5. That's not late. Perhaps he often only worked half days?

It's a common complaint among those working at geek squad that it can be hard to get enough hours, except around Black Friday and Christmas.

I'm still wondering why she has no dental x-rays. Who doesn't have dental x-rays?

Not to mention, if she is abducted, telling the perp she can't be identified by dental records is one hell of a gamble with her life.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I don't. I am 40, and I have been lucky enough so far - knock on wood - that other than a couple fillings, I have never had to have any dental work done. Yes, I go to the dentist for annual checkups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57