Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voluntarily missing
WOW, just WOW
I know a few posters mentioned that yesterday.
I didn't feel that

I wonder if there was bank activity or something that makes LE feel this way

I would agree this is a flag. I would ponder whether this stuff came from her job, or his. Either way, potentially problematic, although there may be a simple explanation. All opinion and speculation.

There is a case map linked in the beginning of the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree this is a flag. I would ponder whether this stuff came from her job, or his. Either way, potentially problematic, although there may be a simple explanation. All opinion and speculation.

There might a good explanation for the merchandise, but I wonder if she was discouraged trying to go back to work. Was she unemployed by choice or was she job searching. That can weigh on a person. Maybe not all is not well in the rosy picture we have been painted.

Thinking about this case.... back thread I saw the McStays were mentioned..... that's a classic "rule-of-three" case....

FYI, The rule-of-three goes like this:

1) The victim is abducted from one location.
2) Personal belonging the victim had with them at the time of the abduction (other evidence too) are then left a second location somewhat removed from where the abduction took place.
3) Finally, the victim found at third location

The abduction/murder for Holly Bobo, Hannah Graham, and Mickey Shunick, all R3's (Rule-of-Three), and most likey poor Sierra Lamara is as well.

When I see an R3, sadly I know a murder has taken place. At least Sherri's is NOT an R3, so there is some, though extremely slim, hope she left on her own. But, as an R2 case it does not look promising.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the texts/ lunch scenario is so odd or suspicious. My husband works in the field sometimes and if his project was going to bring him even remotely near our house I might think to to text him and try to meet him home for lunch at the same time. If he didn't respond, well then I would just figure he was too busy. And then if he texted me at 1:30 saying he wouldn't make it I would just think 'okay, well at it was nice of him to let me know.'

If KP hadn't texted back at all - well then we would probably consider that rude or a red flag. Plus, he then also told her it would be a late day. I don't know if 5pm was a late day - maybe the last appt got canceled or the 2nd to last ran long and they had to reschedule the last appt to the next day (I have had BB deliver appliances a day late).

My point being - all of this doesn't have to be so concrete or black or white. Things happen - and there really is a simple explanation for why things may have happened the way they did. I would rather get a late text from my husband than no text...

The thing is.....
If she decided to run away.
She should pick up a phone and call someone.

Yeah...sigh...she should.

This is starting to remind me a bit of Nicholas Francisco.

Remember that the husband's job is only one piece of a financial picture. Maybe they sold an expensive house in SoCal and they're comfortable living off the proceeds. At one point in the first thread someone said their home may be owned by relatives, not sure. Maybe she was working as a best selling author under a pen name and that's why the kids were at daycare. Maybe one of them got an inheritance. We just don't know.

O.K. folks, here is my amateur recommendation after looking at the aerial. Caveat, *amateur*. And, please note I am not accusing anyone of anything, just saying this is where I would look, and the area seems "interesting" to me. From the aerial, I can't tell if the little windy backroads actually lead to this destination, I need you locals to remark on that.
Anyway, this is my area of interest I'd want to explore.

Panini.png

O.K. folks, here is my amateur recommendation after looking at the aerial. Caveat, *amateur*. And, please note I am not accusing anyone of anything, just saying this is where I would look, and the area seems "interesting" to me. From the aerial, I can't tell if the little windy backroads actually lead to this destination, I need you locals to remark on that.
Anyway, this is my area of interest I'd want to explore.

View attachment 104484

I'd be interested to know your reasoning behind that, if you care to share. I learn so much from the brilliant minds here!

I don't. I am 40, and I have been lucky enough so far - knock on wood - that other than a couple fillings, I have never had to have any dental work done. Yes, I go to the dentist for annual checkups.
I don't know any dentists who don't do x-rays before fillings. That's how they figure out where the cavities are. You probably have had x-rays but didn't realize that's what they were.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the texts/ lunch scenario is so odd or suspicious. My husband works in the field sometimes and if his project was going to bring him even remotely near our house I might think to to text him and try to meet him home for lunch at the same time. If he didn't respond, well then I would just figure he was too busy. And then if he texted me at 1:30 saying he wouldn't make it I would just think 'okay, well at it was nice of him to let me know.'

If KP hadn't texted back at all - well then we would probably consider that rude or a red flag. Plus, he then also told her it would be a late day. I don't know if 5pm was a late day - maybe the last appt got canceled or the 2nd to last ran long and they had to reschedule the last appt to the next day (I have had BB deliver appliances a day late).

My point being - all of this doesn't have to be so concrete or black or white. Things happen - and there really is a simple explanation for why things may have happened the way they did. I would rather get a late text from my husband than no text...

The thing that caught my attention was him saying he didn't take his "personal" cell phone on jobs. Which implies he has a work phone, which made me wonder why she didn't text or call the work phone instead about lunch.

How does someone so incredibly obsessed with taking photos (not necessarily of the kids but of herself) not have have a Facebook page to share them with her friends?

I'd be interested to know your reasoning behind that, if you care to share. I learn so much from the brilliant minds here!

Well, I don't know if I can live up to that, but here's my thinking. I always look at these maps and think like a Perp who's heart is pounding, just grabbed someone, and needing a quick undetectable getaway. They don't want to go anywhere they could get stuck, or cornered. And, they go somewhere familiar. There is a big recreation area close by there...roads well known by the locals I'm sure. In my area of interest, the quarry/cement location could be where the Perp works (NOT accusing anyone of anything....amateur speculation!), and this area has all sorts of areas, equipment, and supplies for concealment. So that's why this area is of interest to me. This theory will be foiled if those backroads don't lead to that area.

The thing that caught my attention was him saying he didn't take his "personal" cell phone on jobs. Which implies he has a work phone, which made me wonder why she didn't text or call the work phone instead about lunch.

Personal calls probably aren't permitted, unless under an emergency. That's a guess.

How does someone so incredibly obsessed with taking photos (not necessarily of the kids but of herself) not have have a Facebook page to share them with her friends?

I haven't looked at any of her / their photos, but people who are obsessed with taking and posting selfies and photos of themselves .... definitely a pet peeve of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life