Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does someone so incredibly obsessed with taking photos (not necessarily of the kids but of herself) not have have a Facebook page to share them with her friends?

Link to these photos of herself?

I don't understand why everyone thinks the texts/ lunch scenario is so odd or suspicious. My husband works in the field sometimes and if his project was going to bring him even remotely near our house I might think to to text him and try to meet him home for lunch at the same time. If he didn't respond, well then I would just figure he was too busy. And then if he texted me at 1:30 saying he wouldn't make it I would just think 'okay, well at it was nice of him to let me know.'

If KP hadn't texted back at all - well then we would probably consider that rude or a red flag. Plus, he then also told her it would be a late day. I don't know if 5pm was a late day - maybe the last appt got canceled or the 2nd to last ran long and they had to reschedule the last appt to the next day (I have had BB deliver appliances a day late).

My point being - all of this doesn't have to be so concrete or black or white. Things happen - and there really is a simple explanation for why things may have happened the way they did. I would rather get a late text from my husband than no text...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Thank you for bringing attention to this. Not every detail is a "red flag".

Personal calls probably aren't permitted, unless under an emergency. That's a guess.
Exactly. If BB discourages personal cell phone use, I doubt they'd let employees get around it by using their work phones instead.

Was Sherri's phone found near a trail near some woods? I thought someone said as much, but I'm not sure. Could she have wanted it found there, leading people to look in that direction, but instead she took off in the opposite direction? Just speculating again.

I'd love to take an informal poll to get a sense of how Websleuthers are feeling about "Voluntary Missing".

If you think that is what we're dealing with in this case would you please THANK this post?

My gut tells me no.

I have a question I haven't seen the answer to or asked yet. Was his text at 1 viewed/received or was it still on her lock screen when they found the phone? Maybe it was viewed and that is where we get the 2 o'clock reference in their timeline? Not sure it matters a ton, just something I thought of. This case is sitting heavy on my heart.

One thing that it could possibly be was that she sent it because she was under duress or as a trying to send an SOS in sight of her abductors. In the Mansion Murders case in DC rather elaborate things were done to have the hostages send messages to either keep others away or to lure others to be captured. The text could have been sent by abductors or by her as a coded message depending on the circumstances. I'd really like to know how common or unusual such a text was. It bothers me that the wide range of hours she was reported t bothers me that there was a wide range of hours she was reported by neighborby neighbors as being seen, which I think whether this was something voluntary or involuntary that the text may be significant.
It bothers me too.

I'm confused by the timeline of when she was seen jogging. In one MSM article her husband states that he believes she headed out for her jog around 11:00am, shortly after the text about lunch. But witnesses saw her jogging around 2pm. Unless she normally jogs for 3 hours, which seems excessive, either her husband is wrong to assume she headed out before lunch, or the witnesses are getting her mixed up with someone else/recalling the wrong day.

I have been thinking about his response text. She texts & asks are you coming home for lunch around 10:30 am. (From my previous posts, you will know I think this odd). His response 3 hours later (we know why so late, he said it was because phone was in the car) says he won't be home for lunch & he would be home late.

A. Did he expect her to be standing around waiting to serve him lunch, on standby for 3 hours? If she was a woman with a routine, as it has been stated over & over again, this doesn't fit. Why would he think she's was waiting to serve him lunch at 1:30, how would she then fit in a long run, shower & go get the kids from daycare in town?

B. He is the main bread winner, working half days or part time wo uld be a financial strain.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pa...Theater-Installer-Hourly-Pay-E97_D_KO9,42.htm

Norcalnative, I agree. Although we ALL have our own ways of reacting and wording.

I can't see ANYONE replying the simple "No, it's going to be a late day," 3 hours later. Even if he happen to have a 2:00p.m. lunch. Wouldn't a logical text back be, " I'm sorry I missed you text," (Even though she knows he cant bring his phone in) or perhaps, "Obviously I couldn't make it babe." It doesn't even make sense. And when things don't make sense it raises A LOT of suspicion.

What if she didn't even text, "Are you coming home?" Ex. Pre-planned. Buying anyone time. (I'm not accusing the husband.) Even if it was her deciding to act out of character, in orded to successfully throw people off, so it wouldn't appear she left on her own. 90 percent of the time when things don't add up and make logical sense there's a reason why..and behind those questions of why. Are always lies. In this case I see major lies.

It's quite obvious we don't know much, or close to the whole story..and I believe there's a reason behind why.

I've followed thousands of missing person cases, runaways, suicides in my line of work. Studied psychology/sociology for multiple years.

But still it's...

Just my opinion.

It bothers me too.

I'm confused by the timeline of when she was seen jogging. In one MSM article her husband states that he believes she headed out for her jog around 11:00am, shortly after the text about lunch. But witnesses saw her jogging around 2pm. Unless she normally jogs for 3 hours, which seems excessive, either her husband is wrong to assume she headed out before lunch, or the witnesses are getting her mixed up with someone else/recalling the wrong day.

I guess he is basing the time on this.

Keith says he believes his wife went jogging around 11 a.m., shortly after he didn’t return her text. “I am putting her leaving around that time,” he says. “That is based on the text I got, and there were some people I spoke with that were cutting down a tree, and they informed us that they saw my wife running. ”

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

Norcalnative, I agree. Although we ALL have our own ways of reacting and wording.

I can't see ANYONE replying the simple "No, it's going to be a late day," 3 hours later. Even if he happen to have a 2:00p.m. lunch. Wouldn't a logical text back be, " I'm sorry I missed you text," (Even though she knows he cant bring his phone in) or perhaps, "Obviously I couldn't make it babe." It doesn't even make sense. And when things don't make sense it raises A LOT of suspicion.

What if she didn't even text, "Are you coming home?" Ex. Pre-planned. Buying anyone time. (I'm not accusing the husband.) Even if it was her deciding to act out of character, in orded to successfully throw people off, so it wouldn't appear she left on her own. 90 percent of the time when things don't add up and make logical sense there's a reason why..and behind those questions of why. Are always lies. In this case I see major lies.

It's quite obvious we don't know much, or close to the whole story..and I believe there's a reason behind why.

I've followed thousands of missing person cases, runaways, suicides in my line of work. Studied psychology/sociology for multiple years.

But still it's...

Just my opinion.

As a very busy man, my husband is a notoriously short, blunt and to-the-point texter. So is my dad. Just no nonsense guys with no time for long drawn out convos via text. Just my two cents.

I just looked up the case of Nicholas Francisco, which someone mentioned in a previous post. If you're not aware of his case, this makes for very interesting reading: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/nic...ars-revealed-leading-double/story?id=11145043

I really don't understand how anyone could be so cowardly as to just walk out on their current life, in favour of a new one, like that. It should - IMO of course - be illegal, especially if they have a family and financial commitments!

But Nicholas' case just goes to show that even people who others are adamant 'aren't like that' could very well be 'like that'.

A case closer to my home a few years back absolutely stunned people - this (on the surface) polished businessman who had it all did in fact lead a very secretive, dark life - and absolutely nobody in his inner circle knew until it was too late: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...n/news-story/7403479f75fd3752b00aa4c055159c33

I noticed the Stepford Wives boards on her Pinterest too, which left me with a bit of an odd feeling.

My point is, she very well could have held a lot of secrets that even her family and friends weren't aware of. Maybe she wasn't as happy as the story her pictures are trying to tell.

Do I understand you that you said the Best Buy techs work in pairs?

That would be even more unusual for KP to come home for lunch...

If they do work in pairs, then that would confirm what I said earlier, that he might often work half days. Would it be a slow time right now? Just before black Friday and the holiday sales? I bet it would be.

[...]
B. He is the main bread winner, working half days or part time would be a financial strain.
[...]

Hence the complaining by the techs. And it doesn't have to be a half day, it could be a shorter day. Perhaps he's often home by 1 or 2, and takes a late lunch.

Yesterday I got home from work and had a text waiting, that was received at 10:00 am. I was too busy to check my phone all day, then drove home.... anyway, it just didn't seem important to mess with my phone. He came home and asked about the text, at which point I picked up my cell, read it and replied while he was standing in front of me... in a joking manner of course.

My point is, there are no rules to texting, everyone does things differently, and out of the ordinary things happen all the time that are considered normal if nothing is wrong.

He texted late because he was busy. It's not a flag at all. JMO

I work with someone who went to school with Leanne. No signs whatsoever so my thought process is even the nearest and dearest often don't know what's truly going on within someone - especially if said person reaches the point of really wanting to end it all, walk away from it all. MOO is by that point they don't want to be stopped.

It took me forever to get through this thread, but the search being halted leads me to believe something was found on her phone/emails - deleted or not.
Of they very few suicides of people I knew there was ZERO indication that they were going to kill themselves.
No plea for help, no suicidal ideation, no journals, NOTHING!
Not even a note.
JUST PURE SHOCK BY EVERYONE WHO KNEW AND LOVED THEM.
All 3 were found almost immediately. One went to a gun range and rented a gun and that was that.

She had a pretty good position with ATT and it seems she worked until recently. Does anyone know when she left and why? Could unemployment be an issue? She might have continued to use child care to hold her slot until she went back to work, and keep the children in a routine. I also noticed her online stores advertised a lot of att swag but also SIM cards. Seems that would be competing with att stores. Seems her bosses might not like that. And what is her source for this att stuff?

Her 'online stores' are mainly selling her used clothing, they weren't really a business.

And the sim cards are a little odd, frankly, but there could be a legit explanation.

I am not sure I understand the focus on those text messages. My husband and I both work full time jobs. Sometimes he is able to get home and eat there and check on dog. More often than him I end up working late and can only send a quick message saying "its going to be late one today" or something to that effect. Almost everyday I ask him if he is going to get by the house at lunch for the dog. Sometimes he is in a meeting and I get no response. Sometimes I get a yes, sometimes a no. I just don't see the significance. Also, given the husband has been cleared it seems we can move on?

Agreed, mocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member