Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, it doesn't make sense in the context of the situation. She allegedly didn't know if she'd be having lunch with her husband (if it was her who sent the text and she was not under duress at the time) so going for marathon training at lunchtime doesn't line up. Also the impression I'm getting from LE is that she didn't cover much distance during this time since she isn't seen in surrounding CCTV footage, which if she was putting on major mileage around town, she should have been seen. I do think the timeline may be off for one reason or another.

And she probably wouldn't leave the gift out at 11 am because she didn't hear back from KP until 1:30. The 2 pm timeline seems more reasonable. But I wish we knew if she responded with her plans, such as "Okay, I'll go out for a jog and get the kids at 3:30." And I wish we knew what the normal day care/preschool routine was.

See I though the neighbors saw her early.
So who saw her at 2 and where

The husband talked to people - we don't know where on the route - who were cutting a tree that said they saw her at 11 AM:
Keith says he believes his wife went jogging around 11 a.m., shortly after he didn’t return her text. “I am putting her leaving around that time,” he says. “That is based on the text I got, and there were some people I spoke with that were cutting down a tree, and they informed us that they saw my wife running. ”
http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/
While separately someone along Sunset said they saw her around 2 PM:
Sherri Papini, 34, of Shasta County was reported missing on Wednesday at about 6 p.m. after having gone jogging at approximately 2 p.m. According to a poster that was distributed in the search effort, Papini was last seen jogging alone on Sunrise Drive in Redding.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-mi...erri-papini-thinks-abducted/story?id=43348426

Neighbors, a friend of Sherri's and 2 tree cutters all said they saw her running, times given were 11 and 2. Do runners ever take an hour break? I wouldn't think. So ... either she was running for 3 hours but only seen by 3 (that we know of) witnesses and no cameras, or she took a break sometime between 11 and 2 to partially wrap a present and send a text to Keith, or the witnesses were wrong about the time.

I'm curious to know who saw her at 2.

I think this is where the investigation has to start wherever she was seen at 2

Can any locals chime in about how popular security cameras are in the neighborhood?

In my area it would be impossible for Sherri to jog down our street and not show up on footage. Almost everyone has the multi camera set ups with recording and lots of people have dash cams on their cars.

My MIL lives on 50+ acres in a rural area of California and they have a camera at the gate of their property and some wildlife cameras.

Its troubling to me that there is no sign of her on camera or scent picked up by trained dogs.

However, it doesn't make sense in the context of the situation. She allegedly didn't know if she'd be having lunch with her husband (if it was her who sent the text and she was not under duress at the time) so going for marathon training at lunchtime doesn't line up. Also the impression I'm getting from LE is that she didn't cover much distance during this time since she isn't seen in surrounding CCTV footage, which if she was putting on major mileage around town, she should have been seen. I do think the timeline may be off for one reason or another.
In viewing the area and listening to the Sheriff I don't believe they found much video. The homes in the area are on large lots set very far back and surrounded by trees and bushes. My thoughts are that any CCTV video would be closer to the homes and not of the street.

I wish we knew if she just ran down Sunrise or also on Old Oregon Trail.

Where are you, Sherri? My heart is breaking for her family.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes, could be if she's training for a marathon.

The info we have been given is that she was training for a 5k. No one would run three hours as training for a 5k.

There must be another reason for the sightings at both 11am and 2pm, if both turn out to be credible.

I doubt an abduction from home, it would make sense that her phone would have been left there. So she was running at 11, after sending the text and wrapping, but never returned home. The 2:00 sighting was possibly false, but not necessarily. Taken at busy intersection between 11-2 with no witnesses, phone thrown at side of road.

Good grief.

ETA: Someone mentioned Embry Graham. Her pacifier was found on a road, seemingly conveniently planted to look like an abduction. Her father was POI until he was shot by police in a standoff.

Not that it brings anything to where she is, but she missed the SuperHero run she apparently was planning to do. It was November 5th.

:(

http://run4casa.com

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

See I though the neighbors saw her early.
So who saw her at 2 and where

There were conflicting reports. Some saw her at 11 and others said 2. Sherri's husband seems to think it was 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps she had a run at 11:00, and then did a quick run to the mailbox around 2:00, or vice versa?

In viewing the area and listening to the Sheriff I don't believe they found much video. The homes in the area are on large lots set very far back and surrounded by trees and bushes. My thoughts are that any CCTV video would be closer to the homes and not of the street.

I wish we knew if she just ran down Sunrise or also on Old Oregon Trail.

If she did any sort of jogging/walking for 3 hours it would be very difficult for her to avoid all sorts of areas that would have cameras/people just as a matter of time combined distance, especially if she's a jogger/runner rather than a walker. If she walked at 2 MPH that would be 6 miles to account for but she was jogging then you're talking about 12+ miles around town that would have to be accounted for. Just using Google Maps I did a loop from her home with Oregon Trail/Holiday/Union School that's 6 miles where just going walking speed you'd still be passing by commercial areas like a Chevron, the visitor's center and an RV park for that small loop. However, the impression I get is that she's a runner/jogger rather than a walker, so would cover more than 6 miles that would mean even more opportunity to be in an area with commercial surveillance cameras. This math is why I think something is up one way or the other.

What does the current actions from the family and LE tell us?

LE has given relatively little information. They haven't given a clear timeline of her day and they would have that information. They would know where her phone tracked to and at what time. They have called off searches in the area. If they thought it was an abduction - I would expect them to be a lot more aggressive (although, it could be LE incompetence). Their actions indicate to me either voluntary, suicide, or incompetence.

The family has been more forthcoming but information about her day and typical routine is incomplete and vague. It is behavior I would expect from the family if they suspect voluntary or suicide. If I had a family member that was depressed and then went missing, the guilt for not having tried to do more would be crushing.

Not ruling out abduction, though. Unfortunately, a real threat for a woman jogging alone.

Perhaps she had a run at 11:00, and then did a quick run to the mailbox around 2:00, or vice versa?

The impression I get from the 2 PM description was that she was seen somewhere beyond the mailboxes on Sunset at that time rather than at the intersection where he phone was found. If the last place she was seen was the place her phone was found, that would be highly suspicious as why the witness didn't see what happened to her if they saw her at that time. That being said, I question the reliability of all of the alleged sightings that day.

Stating the obvious, if this is an abduction, (sure looks that way to me), it's either a complete stranger or someone she knew. If I were LE, I would bring her best friend and male friends of the husband who had close contact with her and poly them. The BF would know if she had formed a special bond with anyone, if anyone of her husband's friends was attempting to overreach, and so forth.

I'm sure this is not a popular speculation, but that's what I would do if I were LE. Quickly go through the elimination list if they haven't already.
My gut is telling me that those close to the couple should be interviewed extensively. I'm sorry I know that is not a nice thing to say, but all possibilities should be examined. A cute gal like that would have many admirers; maybe one that became obsessed.

Speculation and opinion only.

All of this simply points at my suspicions all along.

A) She was grabbed where she was because it was an area hidden from view. Or......

B) She was grabbed where she was because the people living around there weren't normally home because they work for a living.

C) A lure or ploy was used to get her to stop jogging for a minute and focus her attention on something else under false pretenses. Most likely this would have been accomplished by parking a vehicle on the side of the road in advance of her running down that road. As she is running by the vehicle, the abduction occurs. The earbuds would have been ripped free from the mp3 player by the initial confrontation, the phone would have been thrown out the window by the abductor after she was in the vehicle further down the road.

This was a premeditated and targeted abduction, and the person responsible had it planned out methodically. No eye witnesses, no cameras, no tire tracks, no blood, no screams or signs of a struggle.
It was done on hard terrain and sheltered from the view of dozens of local residents.

This guy lives right there in the neighborhood............or works in the area doing something like landscaping. How are they going to figure it out ? Dunno.

I made up a zoom-able map this morning showing her travel path and the general area. Also, I noted an area that needs to be heavily searched. Whether it has or not is unknown. If all they have done is send up drones and helicopters, they might want to consider a foot search.

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?...l=40.698228201913395,-122.30406225551684&z=15

Can someone please fill in the blanks and make corrections to this timeline?

11/2/16
11:00 AM-ish (exact time unknown) Texts husband asking if he'll be home for lunch
1:39 PM Husband responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
2:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri is seen walking/jogging in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road
5:00 - 6:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Husband returns home to empty house and Sherri's car in driveway
(Time unknown) Husband calls daycare
(Time unknown) Husband tracks Sherri's phone with app
(Time unknown) Husband locates Sherri's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing (as reported by MSM)
7:51 PM Husband calls police to report Sherri missing (as reported by MSM)

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx
(Lots of squatting reports, break ins and creepers reported on 11/2 and 11/3.

I agree, darring21. When I see someone being called a "supermom", and so much emphasis on how she would never do this or that, it always feels like a red flag to me. That's a huge pressure to put on someone, consciously or unconsciously. And I've seen more than enough cases here where members have been convinced it wasn't suicide because "suicides don't don't do that"... well, they do.

They do take themelves away to hide. They do sometimes just snap with no previous warning (like halfway through wrapping yet another parcel). They do act as if there will be a tomorrow, even when they know they don't intend to have one. And that's when they end up here, as "missing".

And I also know how possible it is she could have been missed in a search and turn up close to home. That happens on here quite often too.

I'm on the fence over Sherri - usually I have quite strong feelings - but I wouldn't rule out suicide simply because everything needs to be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth