Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc211

dc211 New Member

If the abduction motive was revenge or maybe being in business with some bad people it doesn't necessarily mean SP was involved. Somebody close to her could have been the one who had trouble with the abductors. Perhaps SP was taken because she was an easier target.

Abducting the person who you are trying to extort money from doesn't work because it's hard to get money together when your locked in a basement. Taking a young mother and beating and branding her would be a very effective way to make somebody give you what you want.

2. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

Not
    at all. Victims are not to blame for what happens to them; nothing a victim could possibly do would ever merit such treatment. Somepeople are just psychos and will harm anyone; take Caylee Anthony; what did that poor thing ever do to Casey Anthony? Nothing that would merit what happened to her. What did Elizabeth Smart do to merit being kidnapped and raped? Nothing.

The truth is that sometimes there are bad people in this world who do things for reasons we will never know. Police know this; they are willing to investigate anyone and everybody, regardless of how nice they seem or their relationship to the victim. And thank God for that.

3. Lake16

Lake16 Verified Insider

It just seems to me that if a ransom was paid CG would be crowing from the rooftops about how he negotiated SP's safe return. Coupled with the fact that LE said the ransom offer did not play a part in SP's release, CG has said no ransom was paid, and the family members I've spoken with insist no ransom was paid, I tend to believe that no ransom was paid.

4. manormuskeg

manormuskeg Member

What about this report that a relative found SP's jogging clothes in a ditch on Old Oregon Trail, back on Nov. 7th?

https://imgur.com/a/4JX2L

I didn't start reading these threads until after SP was found. Was there anything to it? The location seems significant because, unless I'm mistaken, it's next to the gas station with the surveillance cameras.

5. Classy1

Classy1 New Member

So assuming his was a hate crime. Why would they hate SP?

6. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I think he was using a burner phone, but IDK.

7. Classy1

Classy1 New Member

We don't know that those were SP's clothes.

8. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

Lol

So wouldn't CG be hunting them down to get his $100k back.

Lol

Does this guy have an 8 figure bank account or what?

9. Lake16

Lake16 Verified Insider

There were items of clothing, checkbooks, etc. found during the ground search. To my knowledge none of them belonged to SP. If they did LE is holding it close to the vest.

10. Classy1

Classy1 New Member

I hear you, but based on what we know about SP and her family, this doesn't seem likely to me. JMO

11. creepcrusher

creepcrusher ✭Lifetime WILD BOAR Fan✭ Oink Oink ⚽️

I agree. Why would Sherri keep quiet or mislead LE if she knew the suspects? It doesn't pan out IMO.

12. manormuskeg

manormuskeg Member

After CG said "no money changed hands" the follow up question should have been: "Would you tell us if it had?" Ach, reporters these days.

13. Gardener1850

Thanks Lake. I tend to agree that CG would want to gloat but the ransom is the one thing I remain skeptical about. I don't have a strong feeling either way so I won't try to argue it was paid. I just don't think we would know if it were paid because (IMHO) the police would tell the family not to reveal that, not even to close friends and immediate family. :dunno:

14. Gardener1850

CG never claimed to have money. There was an anonymous donor. CG was "the negotiator".

15. Lake16

Lake16 Verified Insider

Possibly.

16. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

Good point. And why? Because it's a STUPID idea to OFFER ransom without it being demanded. So stupid that nobody who has "trained Navy Seals" and other military and law enforcement personnel, supposedly worked with the DoD, Colin Powell, with Condoleeza Rice, etc. etc. or whatever the claims were, would EVER suggest it. Because it encourages criminals to come out the woodwork, kidnap people all over the place and demand heavy ransoms. We would turn this country into another Venezuela!

17. Classy1

Classy1 New Member

If the perps were known to SP or her family, I'd think they'd have a motive and an arrest already.

18. Classy1

Classy1 New Member

It's not stupid if it worked in this case, and we'll most likely never know.

19. Bird of Paradise

Bird of Paradise Well-Known Member

Hello All, first time posting, but have read all the threads on this topic. The wording in the reward letter by CG has been bothering me since someone posted it here. Poked around the web to try and find the actual letter again and happened on a site and am wondering about the author. Peter Hyatt. Can anyone comment on his validity? Again, I am new, and though I have read the TOS, I hope mentioning this name is not against the rules :thinking:

20. Dak

Dak New Member

Thanks Lake. So if no ransom was paid, and one captor released SP, is it possible that the one who released her had "Lima Syndrome"?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.