Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's think about this for a minute. KP said she was out jogging yet a 1/2 wrapped present was left at home.KP said she was in a jogging outfit. Where is the evidence? Neighbors say she wasn't known for being seen out jogging. There's a 1/2 wrapped present left behind. SP ear buds were neatly wrapped around her phone and left at the side of the road. There's a 1/2 wrapped present left at home!
I wonder if she was actually taken (or went willingly, although under false pretenses) from her home, suddenly, by someone she knew, (no sign of a struggle) who then left her ear buds and cell phone neatly at the side of the rod so she couldn't be tracked.

I think the half wrapped present could be a red herring unless what you said happened (abducted from home with no trace, dropped the phone off down the street). She could have been interrupted by any number of things while wrapping the gift (even running out of tape) and just forgot to go back to it before going out for a jog/get the mail/meet a lover/meet a dealer. I think if her INTENT was to make it look like she was interrupted while wrapping a gift, she would have made it look like there was a struggle.

On another note, do we know if her house was locked when Keith got home?

[bbm]

but it does fit ... she's done it before and blamed her mom
What's the saying? Past behavior predicts future behavior? Or something like that.

For example, in December 2003, her mother, Loretta Graeff, alleged to authorities that the then-21-year-old Papini was “harming herself and blaming the injuries on [her],” according to a copy of the incident report.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-update-police-report-self-harm/

Here it is.
It also says that you can't rely on it too much because of variables.

"The best predictor of future behavior is … past behavior"
High-frequency, habitual behaviors are more predictive than infrequent behaviors.
Predictions work best over short time intervals.
The anticipated situation must be essentially the same as the past situation that activated the behavior.
The behavior must not have been extinguished by corrective or negative feedback.*
The person must remain essentially unchanged.
The person must be fairly consistent in his or her behaviors.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...st-predictor-future-behavior-is-past-behavior

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was just thinking, who had something to gain by SP going missing and then turning up alive but injured? The only people I can think of who gained anything were SP and KP, as they gained a lot of money out of the whole affair. We know they kept the money.

There was also the anonymous donor... Could it have been the Mi man, or another man that SP was in close contact with? Maybe even someone who was in love with her and wanted her back safe when he saw in the news that she wasn't just missing, but had been "Taken"? Or someone who feared being framed for her kidnapping?

The anonymous donor offered a reward for her return, and I wonder what became of that money in the end. Did he keep it, or did it go to SP and family?

Did anyone drive by and see her? I know LE can't find out who did drive by that day, but if someone had seen her I think they would come forward and tell them.

That’s what I would like to know. Are we just taking KP’s word that she was out jogging that morning? I know LE says she went missing while jogging, but I don’t know if anyone corroborated KP’s claim or not. For all we know, LE has evidence otherwise.

I was just thinking, who had something to gain by SP going missing and then turning up alive but injured? The only people I can think of who gained anything were SP and KP, as they gained a lot of money out of the whole affair. We know they kept the money.

There was also the anonymous donor... Could it have been the Mi man, or another man that SP was in close contact with? Maybe even someone who was in love with her and wanted her back safe when he saw in the news that she wasn't just missing, but had been "Taken"? Or someone who feared being framed for her kidnapping?

The anonymous donor offered a reward for her return, and I wonder what became of that money in the end. Did he keep it, or did it go to SP and family?

I have wondered about the anonymous donor being the MI man myself. I thought the donor was someone who was visiting the area and heard about her story, which I thought was strange at the time. I will have to go back and look and see if I can find more information.

What's the saying? Past behavior predicts future behavior? Or something like that.

For example, in December 2003, her mother, Loretta Graeff, alleged to authorities that the then-21-year-old Papini was “harming herself and blaming the injuries on [her],” according to a copy of the incident report.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-update-police-report-self-harm/

Here it is.
It also says that you can't rely on it too much because of variables.

"The best predictor of future behavior is … past behavior"
High-frequency, habitual behaviors are more predictive than infrequent behaviors.
Predictions work best over short time intervals.
The anticipated situation must be essentially the same as the past situation that activated the behavior.
The behavior must not have been extinguished by corrective or negative feedback.*
The person must remain essentially unchanged.
The person must be fairly consistent in his or her behaviors.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...st-predictor-future-behavior-is-past-behavior

How do we know which one was telling the truth - mother or daughter?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I personally don’t think anyone set out to gain anything. I think SP tripped up and KP called her bluff by making it a big media circus.

Regarding the AD, he said he would be willing to support them getting therapy and medical attention. I’m paraphrasing and a direct link is in my post history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have wondered about the anonymous donor being the MI man myself. I thought the donor was someone who was visiting the area and heard about her story, which I thought was strange at the time. I will have to go back and look and see if I can find more information.

The VI seemed to think the AD was a bethel church member.

We don’t, but if you look at the other police reports, it seems to lend more credibility to the graeffs than SP. Sheila even called the cops on her saying she think SP kicked her door in. Many of the police reports were very close together time wise.

They went to her house?
Wow.
That really indicates they don't view her as a victim at all...
Is there another abduction case where media went to the victim's house after their return, uninvited?
I can't think of one right now.

Sadly, it happens. I was raped years ago. The rapists went on to murder someone. By the time they were caught, trial, etc., my case was past the statue of limitations. Obviously, they couldn’t use my case at trial, but I was scheduled to testify in the penalty phase. Once the media found my name and couldn’t figure me out (different state from my assault, length of time, etc) they were relentless in trying to interview me..print media, tv news media, and, of course, some of the crime shows. They contacted me at work home gym, my parents home, etc. they contacted my friends who knew how strongly I felt about this. They talked to no one.

I also talked to no one and they didn’t leave me alone until after I testified. When I still wouldn’t “tell all”, they persisted for a while, then finally left me alone. Sorry to say, they only care about the story, not anyone’s feelings or rights. The only important thing is being the first to get the story, no matter how inaccurate it may or may not be.

Sadly, it happens. I was raped years ago. The rapists went on to murder someone. By the time they were caught, trial, etc., my case was past the statue of limitations. Obviously, they couldn’t use my case at trial, but I was scheduled to testify in the penalty phase. Once the media found my name and couldn’t figure me out (different state from my assault, length of time, etc) they were relentless in trying to interview me..print media, tv news media, and, of course, some of the crime shows. They contacted me at work home gym, my parents home, etc. they contacted my friends who knew how strongly I felt about this. They talked to no one.

I also talked to no one and they didn’t leave me alone until after I testified. When I still wouldn’t “tell all”, they persisted for a while, then finally left me alone. Sorry to say, they only care about the story, not anyone’s feelings or rights. The only important thing is being the first to get the story, no matter how inaccurate it may or may not be.

I am sorry this happened to you. Media can be so heartless and cold. It is too bad they are never held accountable for their actions.

I'd tend to believe a police report from 2003 and not see a reason for her to lie.
From the reports I've seen mentioned, 911 was called and then everyone backed off never pressing charges.
MOO

]

ok. Sherri stated she had not been sexually assaulted and there is no physical evidence to indicate otherwise.

To me this indicates an exam was done. Despite her statement it makes sense they would want to do so to make sure- maybe she was drugged or whatever and not aware. So they had to rule it out.

Having sex, and sexual assault, are two very different things (I mean in being able to tell in a check up.). I swear, I think I'm leaning toward her being catfished. I'm not saying she had sex with anyone or that was her intent, but maybe she was having fun on the internet, talking and joking around online, but wouldn't meet the person face-to-face. However, it's so easy to find people on the net, you don't need the Catfish Team to find them. So the catfishers hop in a truck and go to surprise her, but, say they surprised her, at her mailbox, and that wasn't copacetic, and they didn't even look like their pics. So, obviously there'd not be any fun, joking, talk, like over the internet, happening. They may have been a nutjob, and just grabbed her, and held onto her as a punishment of sorts, and she talked her way out somehow. It would be very embarrassing to admit you were the victim of a catfish. I don't see how those folks who go on the show go through with it.

There was a guy (he was a nut) who got mad at his neighbor , and dug a 3' hole in his outbuilding, captured her, put her in it, covered it with stuff so she couldn't get out, but thankfully she was able to scream loud enough that someone heard her. She was only in there eight hours but that would be 7 hours and 59.9 seconds too long for me.

Then there was the Kohlhepp guy who shot the woman's boyfriend, from what I gather, b/c he was infatuated with her, then kept her chained in his building/basement about this time last year.

There's some seriously strange folks walking around out there.

There are. And meeting people from online can be dangerous.

http://www.newsweek.com/sherri-papini-1-year-later-cops-say-details-dont-line-california-moms-700262

I'm in the article.

"Ken Ryan, a law enforcement expert, who worked 25 in the industry and now teaches criminology at California State University, said he was “amazed by the coincidences” and thinks the story is most likely false, but at this point police don’t have enough evidence to completely prove it.

“The thing is that they had to take this story as true and investigate it even though they were misled,” Ryan said. “I think it would be irresponsible to clear your hands of this and say it was a hoax without clearly laying out the details.”

Ryan said one of the biggest issues in this case is the two suspects. He said not only do they not meet the normal profile in a kidnapping and torture case because they are women, but since the suspects were able to get away, a crime like this should have happened again."

“In my 25 years I’ve never seen a case like this where someone was kidnapped, held captive for 20 something days then just released,” he said. “None of it makes sense.”

This is precisely what many of us have believed ALL ALONG. It's refreshing to have a law enforcement official finally say this.

And yet I get stuck at the injuries at various stages of healing. She'd have to be crazier than is possible under the circumstances for that to be faked I feel. I mean she has not been arrested, or had the police called on her or been hospitalized to our knowledge, in the last decade or so. She had two kids and seems to have been raising them normally.

It's so odd.

Unless she was out jogging, a van pulls up with a woman leaning out asking for directions. Would probably be normal to feel safe in that situation (woman).

That scenario has to be ruled out. She said they wore masks at all times and she never saw their faces.

Has there been any clue about why she (allegedly?) harmed herself and blamed her family? I haven't followed this case super regularly so I may have missed this. I am wondering what motivated her. Does her family hurt her emotionally somehow, and she lashed out this way as some kind of payback?

I am trying to figure out if something similar triggered her prior to the disappearance, like if she feels very controlled or pressured or overwhelmed somehow, and it just becomes too much. And perhaps she isn't emotionally healthy or mature enough to deal in a constructive way, or is punished or minimized if she tries.

You know how little kids think, "Well, I'll run away and THEN they'll be sorry"? Maybe this was some sort of unstable-adult version. Just wild speculation and MOO obviously.

I would not even suggest this except for the past incidents alleged by her family.

I really don't think she set out to create a hoax on the public, and I suspect that, no matter what really happened including a genuine kidnapping, she never imagined all this attention and scrutiny.

Personality disorder. People who hurt themselves like she has reportedly done in the past do so for attention or out of rage or quest for profit.

Cameron Gamble. His "ministry" is Project Taken. All about rescuing kidnapped blondes. ( i'm being slightly facetious here. ) He's a member of Bethel church in Redding which is taking over the town via money and politics. It's a charismatic Christian church that believe in signs and gifts like prophecy, speaking in tongues, healing. Some feel it is cultish. https://www.buzzfeed.com/mollyhensl...o-college-to?utm_term=.meVJ1DqOLM#.lbaqe01BOg

There is now tension in the town due to the power of Bethel and their slow take over.

Having helped rescue a missing woman who is not affiliated with the church is a great way to promote the church and get angry town's people to be less suspicious of it.

Check out photos of CG and his wife. Add long hair to him. Compare to the sketch.

I am not accusing because I have zero evidence that he committed any kind of crime of any sort. But he would stand to gain. Or think he would stand to gain.

And his appearance on the scene a couple weeks into it and the release a day after he said the ransom offer was withdrawn but now is a reward, is an interesting chain of events.

Cameron Gamble. His "ministry" is Project Taken. All about rescuing kidnapped blondes. ( i'm being slightly facetious here. ) He's a member of Bethel church in Redding which is taking over the town via money and politics. It's a charismatic Christian church that believe in signs and gifts like prophecy, speaking in tongues, healing. Some feel it is cultish. https://www.buzzfeed.com/mollyhensl...o-college-to?utm_term=.meVJ1DqOLM#.lbaqe01BOg

There is now tension in the town due to the power of Bethel and their slow take over.

Having helped rescue a missing woman who is not affiliated with the church is a great way to promote the church and get angry town's people to be less suspicious of it.

Check out photos of CG and his wife. Add long hair to him. Compare to the sketch.

I am not accusing because I have zero evidence that he committed any kind of crime of any sort. But he would stand to gain. Or think he would stand to gain.

And his appearance on the scene a couple weeks into it and the release a day after he said the ransom offer was withdrawn but now is a reward, is an interesting chain of events.

Respectfully snipped by me, BBM

I see what you mean, Gitana. I looked up a photo of CG and his wife...the whole case is pretty bizarre but still have the feeling that at some point, the truth will eventually come out.

Respectfully snipped by me, BBM

I see what you mean, Gitana. I looked up a photo of CG and his wife...the whole case is pretty bizarre but still have the feeling that at some point, the truth will eventually come out.

I know that this has been posted here before but CG, was acclaimed, by the anon donor, to have negotiated releases all over the world. Where? Who? You know the media would be on those cases like stink on a skunk!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-shady-hostage-negotiator-at-the-center-of-sherri-papinis-abduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288