Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the case when it happened, but I saw the Dateline episode Saturday and have been reading about it since. A few things stuck out.

1. The family has not made any money out of it; no book or movie deals.

2. This wasn't a cry for attention; Papini has been in seclusion since then.

3. The bruises were both fresh and old. That indicates that she was beaten over time. This wasn't Papini injuring herself and then getting a 3 week rest. She also lost a lot of weight.

4. Strange DNA on her, both male and female; the male DNA does not match her husband's.

5. No ransom demand.

Those five things tell me that the kidnapping was real. A family might do it to make money out of it, either with the public or by taking a ransom. The DNA is obviously from someone outside the family. This wasn't locking her in a room for three weeks either; it was severe.

I also thought that maybe it was some sort of an S and M kidnapping thing. There are dominatrixes out that would do some of those things, but I've never heard of one breaking a nose. The length of time argues against it.

I have to conclude that Papini was a kidnapping victim. There are a few things in that regard.

1. In human trafficking, the victims tend be younger and they are generally made to be as attractive as possible. Branded, long hair cut off, and a broken nose will not make someone more attractive.

2. The kidnapping was not to get money, but to hurt and humiliate Papini. There are several possibilities:

A. The kidnappers had something against Papini personally. They were "punishing" her.

B. The kidnappers had something against women like Papine, e.g. they hated blondes or stay at home mothers, or something like that. This seems unlikely, but possible.

C. Mistaken identity. The kidnappers grabbed the wrong person. This could be likely if they were not watching media.

well...
she claimed two Hispanic women abducted her but only DNA was of an unknown male.
aka - she lied.

The did find female DNA, not hers, on her body, and male DNA on the clothing according to the reporting.

The clothing was sweat pants and sweatshirt. That clothing is unisexual and might have been worn or handled by a male.

Last edited:
Any chance you would be willing to post your theory using... 'hypothetically speaking' terms? ;)
Hypothetically a person involved with an abusive partner (or having an affair with same) might one day receive injuries so severe they could not be hidden or explained. Their signature blonde hair might have been cut as some sort of “punishment” for something. The victim might be hidden away until the injuries healed. Meanwhile someone would have to create some kind of story to explain the absence.

I will always find it odd that KP announced to his kids that Mommy would be home on Thanksgiving and sure enough, she was.

Hypothetically a person involved with an abusive partner (or having an affair with same) might one day receive injuries so severe they could not be hidden or explained. Their signature blonde hair might have been cut as some sort of “punishment” for something. The victim might be hidden away until the injuries healed. Meanwhile someone would have to create some kind of story to explain the absence.

I will always find it odd that KP announced to his kids that Mommy would be home on Thanksgiving and sure enough, she was.

There is one problem with that theory, the injuries didn't heal. Evidence was that Papini had been beaten over time.

I do think she was kidnapped. It's really weird to me how many people are so into victim blaming on this case. Is it just a combination of her having been so attractive and surviving?

I think that the reason she and her family are so sequestered is because the kidnapping was retaliation for something they're aware of and either they're just so ashamed of it or they're afraid that there will be additional reprisals of they say too much .

But that's just how it smells to me

I do think she was kidnapped. It's really weird to me how many people are so into victim blaming on this case. Is it just a combination of her having been so attractive and surviving?

I think that the reason she and her family are so sequestered is because the kidnapping was retaliation for something they're aware of and either they're just so ashamed of it or they're afraid that there will be additional reprisals of they say too much .

In my case, I tend to discount kidnapping because of the aftermath; LE didn’t seem too focused on finding any kidnappers on the loose, etc.

my theory doesn’t blame the victim so much as it would blame any perpetrator that happened to inflict the injuries. If I’m right, I actually do think she’s a victim.

One thing that I notice was that in Latin America, punishment for infidelity, messing with someone's significant other is cutting her hair or shaving her head. Branding was done as punishment to the Amerindians by the Spanish.

One possibility is that the women thought Papini was messing around with one of their significant others. We knew she was texting a guy, apparently platonically, but that would but enough with some people. Maybe she had a platonic relationship with some guy, and his girlfriend felt threatened. Maybe it wasn't platonic.

The did find female DNA, not hers, on her body, and male DNA on the clothing according to the reporting.

The clothing was sweat pants and sweatshirt. That clothing is unisexual and might have been worn or handled by a male.

you gonna provide a link?

Got proof? A link? Absence of evidence is not evidence right? Sksksksk

you gonna provide a link?

Sure. DNA Evidence And Text Messages Raise New Questions About California Mom's Mysterious Kidnapping

The article quotes the Shasta County Sheriff's Office as a source. "Jackson [with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office] told BuzzFeed News that the DNA belonged to a man and a woman. The man's DNA was found on Papini's clothing, while the woman's was on her body, though investigators are still determining what other information, if any, they can extrapolate from the samples. Investigators have ruled out the possibility that the man's DNA came from Papini's husband, and Jackson said police also do not believe it came from the truck driver or emergency responders." BBM

Also note that Papini's head was not shaved, as someone suggested earlier in this thread, but cut to shoulder length.

Here is another source: Sherri Papini case: With DNA science booming, could genealogy help solve kidnapping mystery?

Last edited:
Got proof? A link?
Notice that I said it was my opinion.

Absence of evidence is not evidence right? Sksksksk
Right. That's what I'm saying. Just because investigators didn't find any female DNA on the clothing doesn't mean there were no Hispanic women involved in the abduction and just because Sherri didn't describe any men doesn't mean there weren't any. One of the women may have been transgender for all we know.

Even if that post on skinheadz.com was a "prank" as her father says, there still would have been some reason for someone else to have made a post like that in her name i.e. false flagging. To me, it seems much more likely than not that Sherri was believed to be racist against Hispanics. It doesn't matter if she actually was or wasn't when it comes to motive for violence against her. It does seem weird to wait fifteen years but I've definitely seen retribution crimes after that amount of time although it's usually for murder not high school drama.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member