Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Oct 29, 2017.

1. AundriaP

AundriaP New Member

Another VERY good point.

GatorFL and DogRescuer like this.

2. AundriaP

AundriaP New Member

Another VERY good point.
    I believe her and I have always believed her. I am shocked to find myself in the MINORITY on that score, but there it is. There are so many cases of truth being stranger than fiction in the true crime stories out there. I would hate to be someone who went through so much and find out people think I am lying. My situation is NOTHING as traumatic as Sherri's, yet I experienced trauma at a young age only to find myself alone in dealing with the aftermath because I had a history of being dramatic, etc. Unless Sherri Papini herself states she made this all up for some reason, I will choose to believe the victim. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2020
  3. evilwise

evilwise Well-Known Member

I believe that the official version is essentially true. Since the thread has gotten bumped once again I'll go ahead and more clearly state a couple things.

I don't believe human trafficking was the motive in this case, I just think throwing her into the human trafficking system was considered by the perpetrators to be crueler than normal cartel style brutal murder. I think the motive was retribution for things she had said about Latin gangs, not specifically the stormfront post. I just think that the stormfront post was representative of her opinions and that she wasn't as shy to share those opinions as certain people thought we should be.

4. Catmommy

Catmommy I'm not but they think I am

By removing the human trafficking element (which I've never believed) from the story, your version makes much more sense to me.

5. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

This just seems more like a snatch for ransom incident. We have many sad stories on WS of women out jogging who become victims, I think the motivation here was $.

Amateur opinion and speculation

6. Tee7077

Tee7077 Well-Known Member

You think she was kidnapped by a cartel because she talked **** about them? Really?

7. Catmommy

Catmommy I'm not but they think I am

Heavens to murgatroid, not a cartel, no, but perhaps some locals who got way fed up with her entitled posts. Other than this possibility I think it's all horse crap, especially the trafficking idea.

8. Andieinsyd

Andieinsyd Well-Known Member

First response to this thread. Sorry I'm so late to the story. I've done a little reading and my own thoughts are that SP was taken and held somewhere and that she was not involved in the planning of this.

My own thoughts are that SP was perhaps not kidnapped by two women unkown to her. I wonder if perhaps this was done by someone that was known to SP.

I did think that it may have been the guy she had had social media communication with, but I understand he had been cleared, and also there was no sexual assult. Who else might have wanted to hurt or scare SP?

I don't really buy into the trafficing theory, just seems like a very very strange way to go about this. As others have said, it just doesn't seem to add up.

There seems to be a LOT of MSM taking liberties and click bait out there. It seems like the tabloids got onto the story and gave themselves a licence. I do feel for SP in the way this has been reported on. I hope she had a chance to speak with someone sensitive in a safe way, to me she could be too scared to tell what she really knows.

My opinion only!

9. evilwise

I don't believe she wasn't sexual assaulted for one second, I just think she doesn't want that to be public and may even be withholding that from her police report

You don't think gangs kidnap and kill people for disrespect or just for no reason at all? Tell that to Izaak Towery's family.

Marg from Oz and rosesfromangels like this.
  10. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

11. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

Thanks -- I'd forgotten this, among the many, many questionable (and often unpleasant) details of this incident. Interesting that a recent hoax kidnapping with some familiar echoes has resulted in charges for the participants:

Found Safe - IN - Hannah Potts, 23, Princeton, missing after FB live video saying kidnapped - 24 July 2020

Regarding the veracity or not of SP's claims I don't think we'll ever know for certain. I certainly hope that she and her family have received and continue to receive the help they need. IMHO/MOO etc.

12. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think myself, like so many still unsolved cases, there's evidence that could point multiple directions. I don't think it likely she was trafficked, white, married, middle-class, apparently 'square' women don't make good targets. Too many people to look for her. She didn't seem to be kidnapped for ransom. Was she kidnapped as revenge? Kidnapping is a fairly serious felony, they held her a long time if the goal was to humiliate etc. The longer a person is held, the more likely they will be discovered. If they released her due to ransom offered up, what was their original intent? In this age of DNA all over the news, did they really intend to release her without ransom, if not, it would seem they would have killed her sooner, or let her go. The only kidnapping victim scenario that makes sense to me is the trafficking angle, but they damaged her 'marketability' with the haircut and abuse, usually traffickers like to use drugs, and not on a middle-class housewife with friends and family. I'll stop there.

13. Tee7077

Tee7077 Well-Known Member

In her case I give it a .05% chance that that's what happened.

Marg from Oz, dalsglen, TRB and 3 others like this.
  14. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind Staff Member Moderator

We all know gangs do terrible things.
    SP however, was assaulted, by someone, and released.
    She wasn't killed.
    I wonder if there are stats for how often ticked off gang bangers, seeking revenge for some entitled white girl's disrespect of them...
    kidnap said white girl, assault her, then let her go.
    That actually sounds more like something high school aged girls would do, to pay someone back for some slight, whether real or imagined.
    I'm pretty sure I've never heard of this MO by gangs.

jmo

15. evilwise

People are kidnapped for ransom so often in Latin America (and parts of Africa), the US State Department has an advisory about it
    Kidnapping: The Basics

Things that are common just one border away are not at all impossible inside the border.

I wonder what the stats are for people seriously injuring themselves over the course of weeks as part of a fake kidnapping - or injuring themselves period as part of any major crime for that matter. People do sometimes shoot themselves as part of a story but I don't know about Sherri's injuries, as described officially in medical examinations if I recall correctly. Maybe you're familiar with some other cases I'm not. I'd love to examine them.

I'd wager $5 against your $10,000 at those odds for sure.

16. Ontario Mom

Last time it was "kidnapped and killed".
    SP was not killed. We don't even know for a fact she was kidnapped.
    This time it's "kidnapped and ransomed in Latin America".
    SP wasn't in Latin America.

I don't buy her story, and your random crime stats that don't even apply to her actual situation don't make it any more believable.

jmo

17. redabby

redabby Well-Known Member

I have never believed the ridiculous Latino women story and never will I think there is just as much chance she was abducted by Bigfoot or evil aliens.
    When I first heard about her going missing my first thought was she will probably be found dead in a shallow grave but as more details emerged I thought this women is going to be found alive and I wasn't surprised when she was.
    I personally don't believe it was pre-planned or a money grab, I think it was something along the lines of a meet-up that went sideways or maybe an angry SP had acted in the heat of the moment wanted KP to believe something has happened to her but planned to come back that evening and KP called her bluff and it snowballed.
    Or maybe SP has mental health issues and this was attention seeking, but bushy haired bandana wearing women and superhero escapee Sherry, no I don't buy it.

Marg from Oz, LeeAnnB, scapa and 13 others like this.
  18. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

What was the “message” brand?

Wouldn’t that be helpful in determining the kidnappers?

Gang symbol?
    Bad attempt at a tattoo?
    BDSM?

19. Ontario Mom

Sorry, too late to edit and that sounded rude. I didn't mean for it to, so my apologies.

I do find it rather curious how it really seems to bother people that so many folks don't buy her story.
    It's even more interesting to me that so many that don't buy her story, are folks that have followed true crime for decades.
    I don't know, it's just a really bizarre case, and I doubt the public will ever really know the truth about what happened to her.

jmo

Marg from Oz, byo, LeeAnnB and 12 others like this.
  20. Ontario Mom

I don't recall that info ever being made public.

Marg from Oz, Bravo and Suglo like this.