Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that leaving his car at an apartment complex was a red herring. He needed a place to park / meet up with the person he left with. It bought him some time, worried a whole lot of people, and LE was onto his scheme pretty quickly. I've referenced his case here because LE seems to have that same unhurried, not-all-that-concerned pace. However, behind the scenes ... they may know exactly what's what. I hope so.

How about Erick Wales? I'm short on time right now to look up the exact details but I'm thinking he left his car by a bridge and voluntarily disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have so many questions.
Who was the last person beside her husband to actually see Sherri alive?
Did Sherri or her husband drop the kids off at daycare that morning?
Why couldn't the dogs track her from her driveway to wherever she went?
Why did husband state " I wish I could be there"?
and more........

Great questions. The silence on the details of the daycare morning really get me.

http://www.capitalbay.news/news/109...bducted-after-she-vanished-while-jogging.html

At least this article does give a glimpse into the fact that it was NOT usual for Sherri to jog while the kids are in preschool/daycare. "Husband said she usually goes for a jog after picking up their two children"..."Her sister, Sheila Koester (left) said that Papini (right) usually picks up the couple's two children and jogs in the afternoons. But on the day she went missing the children were left at daycare, which Koester says is not something her sister would do."

According to husband and sister, she would routinely pick the kids up and jog in the afternoon. I'm sure she'd have an adult watch them, so who would that usually be? Perhaps it's usually the husband, after he gets home.

He admits in his text that he would be "late". Perhaps 5ish is late for him. Maybe she usually gets the kids in the early afternoon, Dad gets home around 4 and she goes for a run while he's home with the kids.

I guess what bothers me is the fact that clearly her routine was off that day, according to both of them. So why would the daycare not call him that afternoon when she failed to pick them up? (I can only assume they called her, unless she told them they would be in extended care). And why would he not question the neighbor/tree trimmers that apparently saw her around 11ish when that wasn't her normal routine?

The checkbook could be related even if it's not hers. It depends where the checkbook was found and who it belongs to and the reason for it landing there.

Remember the guy who left his glasses and phone and tools near the scene where he killed the female bicyclist while trying to ram her off the road for an abduction.

I posted a few links earlier - one example was Mike Kimsey who was found about a mile away from his home six months after he disappeared. If she hiked or walked or ran for three hours she could have gotten as far as 15 miles away.

FTR I'm not saying she definitely committed suicide, just looking at the possibility - what are the odds? How could she have done it? Where could she be? Etc. Same as with the abduction theory or theory someone who knew her did this and hid her body. Not ruling anything out until we know more. JMO.

I don't run, but I can easily walk three miles in an hour if I'm not carrying a heavy backpack. This website says most people would feel good completing a 5K in 20-25 minutes, and 5K is about 3.1 miles. So, I agree... It would be easy for her to be as far as 15 miles away.

What's a Good Time for a 5K?
https://www.verywell.com/what-is-a-good-time-for-a-5k-2911121

The fact that she "usually ran in the afternoons after getting the kids" means that she was pretty safety conscious -- that she was running when her husband or trusted adult was there watching her kids, and they knew her route and when she left so that someone would be aware if she didn't return. JMO

Great questions. The silence on the details of the daycare morning really get me.

http://www.capitalbay.news/news/109...bducted-after-she-vanished-while-jogging.html

At least this article does give a glimpse into the fact that it was NOT usual for Sherri to jog while the kids are in preschool/daycare. "Husband said she usually goes for a jog after picking up their two children"..."Her sister, Sheila Koester (left) said that Papini (right) usually picks up the couple's two children and jogs in the afternoons. But on the day she went missing the children were left at daycare, which Koester says is not something her sister would do."

According to husband and sister, she would routinely pick the kids up and jog in the afternoon. I'm sure she'd have an adult watch them, so who would that usually be? Perhaps it's usually the husband, after he gets home.

He admits in his text that he would be "late". Perhaps 5ish is late for him. Maybe she usually gets the kids in the early afternoon, Dad gets home around 4 and she goes for a run while he's home with the kids.

I guess what bothers me is the fact that clearly her routine was off that day, according to both of them. So why would the daycare not call him that afternoon when she failed to pick them up? (I can only assume they called her, unless she told them they would be in extended care). And why would he not question the neighbor/tree trimmers that apparently saw her around 11ish when that wasn't her normal routine?

But wasn't she doing extra training for a Sunday Jog Marathon Fundraiser for kids or something?

I'm a runner, and I would be very reluctant to run on Old Oregon Trail. The shoulder is narrow and I bet people speed like crazy on that road. You would be amazed how close people come to you. It's like they don't want to cross the yellow line. Better to stay on the less used roads, and I bet people give more room without the center line, as well. The dust on those dirt roads can really suck, though, when a car goes by, but I expect they get far less traffic than Old Oregon Trail. I'd rather choke on a little dust now and again than accept the much higher risk of getting picked off by someone not paying attention. It's just not a good feeling to have cars whizzing by at 50 mph just a foot or two away from you.

If I lived where Sherri does, I could easily see myself running to the end of Sunrise Drive and then turning around, though, if that is what it took to get a run length I was happy with.

When training for a 5k, most people are going to want to run 5k, which is 3.1 miles. There is a nice loop she can do from her house, but it's about 2.2 miles. A run to the end of Sunrise Drive and back adds about 1.1 miles. So I could see it.

I tend to think the phone was found right on the corner. The evidence 500 feet up Old Oregon Trail might have been a red herring. It could also have been thrown there, of course.

I also think it is highly unlikely she ran for hours. If the sitings are credible, she could have walked to pick up her mail, or gone for a second run. One 5k run in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I've never done that, but it's not out of the question. I think it's more likely that one or more of the sitings is not credible, though. It's quite common.

The husband seems to discount the later sitings, because he said his best guess is she went jogging around 11:00, based on what his neighbors said.

Yes. And in the most recent FB statement of LE they stated she was last seen late morning/early afternoon. That precludes a 2:00 pm sighting.

There was a lady that went missing recently that was suspected suicidal. LE put out flier with a photo, a still shot from surveillance of the last place she was seen (shopping center) and a detailed description of her vehicle complete with license plate number. They asked the public for assistance in locating her and stressed urgency due to suspected suicide. Is this not usual for suspected suicides?

The last abduction I can recall in my area had an incredible sense of urgency with experts being brought from all over and requests for public to join search parties. LE kept a lot to themselves, but they did release a timeline and location of found items.

I know every police department does things differently, but my best guess at this point would be:

1. They know exactly who did what and are quietly gathering evidence. They do not believe the public is in danger and don't need help from the public, so no need to release any information.

Or

2. She did leave voluntarily, so no need for searches etc.

Of course there's a million possibilities. I hope there's some good news soon.

I'll take door #1, please.

From thread #2
Is there a timeline anywhere?

11/2/16
11:00 AM-ish (exact time unknown) Texts husband asking if he'll be home for lunch
1:39 PM Husband responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
2:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri is seen walking/jogging in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road
5:00 - 6:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Husband returns home to empty house and Sherri's car in driveway
(Time unknown) Husband calls daycare
(Time unknown) Husband tracks Sherri's phone with app
(Time unknown) Husband locates Sherri's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing (as reported by MSM)
7:51 PM Husband calls police to report Sherri missing (as reported by MSM)

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx
(Lots of squatting reports, break ins and creepers reported on 11/2 and 11/3.)

The thing about statistics is that they can tell us the likelihood of what might have happened here, but they cannot tell us what actually happened here. Also, they can be very hard to apply, due to all the mitigating factors.

Husband ruled out makes homicide much less likely.
No history of mental illness makes suicide much less likely.

But they both still happen.

Interesting article here: Why there are more walk-away moms
I wonder what the actual numbers are for runaway moms?

How about Erick Wales? I'm short on time right now to look up the exact details but I'm thinking he left his car by a bridge and voluntarily disappeared.

Was he a firefighter?

Would a perp have been smart enough to wear gloves? I'm sure LE carefully checked the phone for fingerprints. I wonder what they found?

There was a lady that went missing recently that was suspected suicidal. LE put out flier with a photo, a still shot from surveillance of the last place she was seen (shopping center) and a detailed description of her vehicle complete with license plate number. They asked the public for assistance in locating her and stressed urgency due to suspected suicide. Is this not usual for suspected suicides?

The last abduction I can recall in my area had an incredible sense of urgency with experts being brought from all over and requests for public to join search parties. LE kept a lot to themselves, but they did release a timeline and location of found items.

I know every police department does things differently, but my best guess at this point would be:

1. They know exactly who did what and are quietly gathering evidence. They do not believe the public is in danger and don't need help from the public, so no need to release any information.

Or

2. She did leave voluntarily, so no need for searches etc.

Of course there's a million possibilities. I hope there's some good news soon.

Your first paragraph is how officials handled a local (to me) firefighter who went missing, Nicole Mittendorf. http://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2016...efighter-nicole-mittendorff-suicide-bullying/

[Edited to correct my error: Changed "scenario" to "paragraph."]

At this point, I haven't seen any credible evidence that Sherri was depressed or about to snap. Not that people, even close family members, always know. But by now, in retrospect, her husband or other family members probably would have suddenly remembered seeing indications of a mental health problem ,if one existed. Again, I could be wrong. But at this point, I'm not seeing it as a suicide ( though it can't be ruled out).

I don't know, I think that putting her two kids in daycare (ages 2 and 4) is certainly indicative of a woman who is overwhelmed and depressed...

How could they possibly afford that when her husband worked (essentially) a minimum wage job?

It's not like her husband was a doctor or a dentist and she could afford to have that luxury.

I just find the daycare thing odd..esp with so much family in the area. From what I can determine, she seems quite "isolated" if she felt that she needed to put her two kids in daycare to get a break.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Geek-Squad-Salaries-E307701.htm

But Redding is a very economically depressed area. They aren't hurting for workers. When I lived there, someone told me "Redding has a glut of both skilled and unskilled workers." They don't have to pay people more, since there's tons of unemployed people (supply and demand!)

and on her poshmark ? page (one of her websites she was selling things.) she is selling a MAC shopping bad for $3. Who doesn't just throw that away? I don't think that he (the husband) would even work 40 hrs/week at a job like that...someone else commented that this would be a slow time for a job like that - before Black Friday, and all. I wouldn't underestimate the stress of *not having money*

OK, so I finally found Sherri's Pinterest board and the one board with the guns and concealed carry. I don't find anything of concern there. (But if a lady ever asks me for suggestions on concealed carry, there were a couple of ideas there I did not know about.)

The thing about statistics is that they can tell us the likelihood of what might have happened here, but they cannot tell us what actually happened here. Also, they can be very hard to apply, due to all the mitigating factors.

Husband ruled out makes homicide much less likely.
No history of mental illness makes suicide much less likely.

But they both still happen.

Interesting article here: Why there are more walk-away moms
I wonder what the actual numbers are for runaway moms?

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing. Add the pressure on moms to be perfect, devoted, hands-on, etc., and it's no wonder some crack under the pressure.

Remember the Time cover "Are You Mom Enough?" I remember the outrage, self-satisfaction, judgment, and more that followed it. It seems no matter how mothers decide to parent they're judged harshly and put on the defensive.

The numbers for runaway moms might be shocking.

I don't blame hubby for tracking the phone before calling police.

He did the right thing. Jmo

OK, so I finally found Sherri's Pinterest board and the one board with the guns and concealed carry. I don't find anything of concern there. (But if a lady ever asks me for suggestions on concealed carry, there were a couple of ideas there I did not know about.)

What do you think "Oh how I wish I'd been wearing this today" means?

Not sure, but one detail seems to be in error -- the statement that Sherri usually jogged after picking up the children. Her sister-in-law said Sherri usually jogs in the afternoon. She also said Sherri usually picks up the children from daycare. The article sort of gives the impression that getting the children precedes jogging. My guess is that's a mistake. It makes more sense that she uses the opportunity to jog while the children are in daycare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77