Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ca.gov

Penal Code Section 3067 – Subject to Search
a) Any inmate who is eligible for release on parole pursuant to this chapter shall agree in writing to be subject to search or seizure by a parole officer or other peace officer at any time of the day or night, with or without a search warrant and with or without cause.

Penal Code Section 3067 has many subsections that affect the authority to search and should be reviewed in its entirety for complete information.
Oh I totally understand that. That makes sense. But not all registered are on parole. It lasts for life I think.

Thanks Dex. I was the one who checked and there are 116 RSOs in that zip code. I'd be knocking on every door and asking questions. Lots of them.
Wow, that's a lot of RSOs. They should be questioning them .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I agree. Does S. work ? Because that would bring another group of people into her circle. jmo

No, I wasn't saying that LE said the second part. Just that it would follow logically, if she had indeed been running.
I think they were hoping by chance to catch a glimpse of her. But I haven't heard anyone say that she for sure would've passed within range of someone's security camera.

For what it's worth, I think the ransom angle is a good one. If they were threatened, it could explain Sherri's family not being as involved right now.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sherri's sister has been very active. Might even call her the spokesperson for her side of the family, as far as that goes. She even said in one article that Sherri's family and friends had come out in force to help in the search.

I think they were hoping by chance to catch a glimpse of her. But I haven't heard anyone say that she for sure would've passed within range of someone's security camera.
I think it would have been pretty easy to miss her with all of the trees in the way in that neighborhood. At least to know for sure it was her.

Someone posted Sherri's photobucket account yesterday. I browsed through it and found one pic alarming...the one of her back, topless. I'm fairly certain it was photobucket, can't locate it now.
She's tiny, as we know from her stats (5'3" and 100 pounds). In that pic she looks downright sickly.
IF she has some disordered eating habits, or is compulsive in her jogging, that's actually a bit telling. Eating disorders are a way to feel in control of your life, an exceptionally lousy coping mechanism, even a way to consciously or subconsciously punish yourself if you're not living up to "perfect". Perfect supermom. perfect wife, picture perfect blonde beauty. The pressure we put on ourselves is irrational, but all-consuming. It threatens to destroy us every waking second. It's also cyclical - the more stress (money, kids, etc.) the more disordered the behaviors. The more disordered the behaviors, the more stressful life becomes. We are grade A liars and manipulators who will do anything to appear normal, happy and not depressed when in reality it's the complete opposite. We are often in denial ourselves and can't admit the problem to anyone else. IF there is a problem along these lines with Sherri, it's possible that her family didn't even know.
I'm no shrink and surely can not say with any certainty that Sherri has food/weight issues. I just think that her size and exercise habits might be a clue that her life wasn't as perfect as it seemed and that it was manifesting itself physically even if no one knew what to look for or what they were looking at.
One thing I do know with certainty is that you can never truly know everything about someone and that looks can be deceiving. Just because she didn't seem depressed, stressed or overwhelmed doesn't mean she wasn't.
Just wild speculation here. I'm leaving all the options on the table...abduction, suicide or voluntarily missing. I'm hoping for the latter. Sweet Sherri needs to be home.

As someone who battled anorexia for 6 years, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

A woman that may have been abducted while living in a radius of tons of Rso

Should be a waste of time to check out the rso in the area?

Are You Kidding Me?

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to narrow down the list and knock on a few doors. And it wouldn't have to interfere with search efforts.

(Heart you Dex. Happy Sunday!)

Someone posted Sherri's photobucket account yesterday. I browsed through it and found one pic alarming...the one of her back, topless. I'm fairly certain it was photobucket, can't locate it now.
She's tiny, as we know from her stats (5'3" and 100 pounds). In that pic she looks downright sickly.
IF she has some disordered eating habits, or is compulsive in her jogging, that's actually a bit telling. Eating disorders are a way to feel in control of your life, an exceptionally lousy coping mechanism, even a way to consciously or subconsciously punish yourself if you're not living up to "perfect". Perfect supermom. perfect wife, picture perfect blonde beauty. The pressure we put on ourselves is irrational, but all-consuming. It threatens to destroy us every waking second. It's also cyclical - the more stress (money, kids, etc.) the more disordered the behaviors. The more disordered the behaviors, the more stressful life becomes. We are grade A liars and manipulators who will do anything to appear normal, happy and not depressed when in reality it's the complete opposite. We are often in denial ourselves and can't admit the problem to anyone else. IF there is a problem along these lines with Sherri, it's possible that her family didn't even know.
I'm no shrink and surely can not say with any certainty that Sherri has food/weight issues. I just think that her size and exercise habits might be a clue that her life wasn't as perfect as it seemed and that it was manifesting itself physically even if no one knew what to look for or what they were looking at.
One thing I do know with certainty is that you can never truly know everything about someone and that looks can be deceiving. Just because she didn't seem depressed, stressed or overwhelmed doesn't mean she wasn't.
Just wild speculation here. I'm leaving all the options on the table...abduction, suicide or voluntarily missing. I'm hoping for the latter. Sweet Sherri needs to be home.

I believe another poster looked at the source of the page after it was posted and found this image was uploaded almost 10 years ago, so I'm not sure how much I'd read into it.

I've read through everything up to now, so my apologies if I've missed it, but has either the husband or LE mentioned anything about whether her wallet/purse was left at home? Or if there's been any activity on her cards? I wouldn't imagine she'd take either running, so if they're missing it could be a reason LE may not be jumping to labeling it an abduction. Just seems odd that it hasn't been mentioned that I can remember, as usually family or LE will be quick to point out when a wallet was left at the home, or there's been no activity.

I've read through everything up to now, so my apologies if I've missed it, but has either the husband or LE mentioned anything about whether her wallet/purse was left at home? Or if there's been any activity on her cards? I wouldn't imagine she'd take either running, so if they're missing it could be a reason LE may not be jumping to labeling it an abduction. Just seems odd that it hasn't been mentioned that I can remember, as usually family or LE will be quick to point out when a wallet was left at the home, or there's been no activity.

No, LE has released very little information to the public.

Besides the cell phone found on the road, with earbuds and hair strands attached, LE was asked if they found anything else and his response was, he could not answer at this time b/c the investigation is ongoing. Neither would he name the last person who saw her at 2pm Nov 2. [video=youtube;1NWywdP7KGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWywdP7KGA[/video]

No, LE has released very little information to the public.

Besides the cell phone found on the road, with earbuds and hair strands attached, LE was asked if they found anything else and his response was, he could not answer at this time b/c the investigation is ongoing. Neither would he name the last person who saw her at 2pm Nov 2. [video=youtube;1NWywdP7KGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWywdP7KGA[/video]

It's frustrating. But whatever they found, it wasn't enough to convince them of an abduction, so Websleuthers are left with a lot of questions and speculation. We don't necessarily "solve" cases, but most of the time a lot of us know exactly what happened, and often who is responsible....we usually just have to wait and see if it comes together in the end. Oftentimes, it does. This one has me stumped ... but I will say I have a hunch.

Yes,exactly!

I lived in the town of Redding,CA for three years, 2011, 2012, & 2013 and I used to go running there. Prior to living in the town of Redding, I went running almost every day, but when I moved to Redding, CA I stopped going every day, it was an unsafe area, even though I only went during broad daylight, usually around people (sometimes parks, but there would be people around).

Running by myself, in Redding, CA, gave me the hebie jeebies.

With the evidence presented, I'm leaning towards her voluntarily leaving...Of course, we are not given all of the information that the police have. By why no evidence of a struggle? No one simply vanishes into thin air. (I'll contradict myself for a moment: except Tera Smith did on the same road..)

Am I just seeing your name for the first time, formerreddingrunner? Welcome to the discussion!

Or these theories that appear to have no factual or logical basis (suicide with a ruse? suspicious daycare choices?). Would love to see more actual "sleuthing" here -- because the WS community has actually SOLVED cases in the past by focusing on responsibly-acquired and valid info/evidence.

LE themselves aren't sure whether or not what happened to her was voluntary, so I don't know how you can criticize people here for having no factual or logical basis. If indeed this is something voluntary, it's quite logical using valid evidence that she could have committed suicide while faking an abduction, which is why I've cited something like Rita Maze as a possibility. If you have some actual evidence to show it's impossible for this to be something like Rita Maze maybe you should present it instead of just shooting people down by saying they lack facts (notwithstanding what's been said by LE) while failing to present anything disproving a Rita Maze situation.

I'm 5'8 and 115 lbs. BMI 17.5. I am not anorexic. I am not depressed, stressed, or overwhelmed. I do not restrict my food intake. I eat what I want when I want. I've had many people "wonder" (ie accuse) me of having issues with food. Including doctors. People close to me shake their heads in amazement as I eat them under the table. Being fit and not "fat" is fair game these days for eating disorder diagnoses. Nowadays those of us of reasonable weight are labeled as "sick" while the overwhelming majority of Americans are actually grossly overweight. Sherri has a BMI that is normal. She also looks healthy, radiant, and in shape. To suggest her body type is somehow dysfunctional or indicative of mental disorder is really offensive to us who are physically fit and not the norm of the average overweight American citizen these days. Normal BMI does not mean anorexic or stressed out or overwhelmed. It just means we are not obese like most Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth