Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to keep an open mind and wouldn't want to offend anyone's hometown. Sadly, these occurrences are prevalent in many cities and until something like this gets your attention, you don't really know just how much crime is in your own backyard. But reading the daily logs certainly confirms why SP got her carry permit. Following the local news, recalling her friend abducted in high school, being home alone with the kids, jogging alone, etc. are all valid reasons for wanting extra protection.

This town sounds like Mad Max meets Breaking Bad. Not a place I would want to live. Or visit. Or have anyone I cared about live there.

I try to keep an open mind and wouldn't want to offend anyone's hometown. Sadly, these occurrences are prevalent in many cities and until something like this gets your attention, you don't really know just how much crime is in your own backyard. But reading the daily logs certainly confirms why SP got her carry permit. Following the local news, recalling her friend abducted in high school, being home alone with the kids, jogging alone, etc. are all valid reasons for wanting extra protection.

My best friend and her family live about 9 miles outside the city of Redding, in what I consider the "country." Fields of cattle, neighbors spaced well apart, etc.
When I visited there from out of state, we'd go into Redding for shopping, etc. It "looked" safe to me. However when we'd leave the grocery store both her and her daughter automatically pulled out pepper spray just to have it ready. When I asked why they said there are lots of bad people and it's just what they do there.

Over the past two years they've had FOUR instances of people coming onto their property at night, drunk or on drugs, banging on their house, trying to get into outbuildings, etc. It happened once while I was there in the middle of the night, someone trying to get into their house! This, in a 'nice' area on a little traveled road. People out there seem out of their minds, and I worry for my friends.
The police seem woefully inadequate. This month some nutcase was banging around on their porch. It took police over an hour to get there! Luckily the guy was stoned on something and had gotten his truck full of stolen goods stuck in the field next to her house so he was still there when cops FINALLY arrived.
Scary place to be.

So it's possible it just says, pink running outfit as a reminder that it's what she was wearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's comment, it's what the previous subject reported. I believe it means that party reported seeing her IN the clothes.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

My best friend and her family live about 9 miles outside the city of Redding, in what I consider the "country." Fields of cattle, neighbors spaced well apart, etc.
When I visited there from out of state, we'd go into Redding for shopping, etc. It "looked" safe to me. However when we'd leave the grocery store both her and her daughter automatically pulled out pepper spray just to have it ready. When I asked why they said there are lots of bad people and it's just what they do there.

Over the past two years they've had FOUR instances of people coming onto their property at night, drunk or on drugs, banging on their house, trying to get into outbuildings, etc. It happened once while I was there in the middle of the night, someone trying to get into their house! This, in a 'nice' area on a little traveled road. People out there seem out of their minds, and I worry for my friends.
The police seem woefully inadequate. This month some nutcase was banging around on their porch. It took police over an hour to get there! Luckily the guy was stoned on something and had gotten his truck full of stolen goods stuck in the field next to her house so he was still there when cops FINALLY arrived.
Scary place to be.

Redding sounds exactly like my town. Huge heroin, meth & presc drug problem. Corruption in LE, our police chief committed suicide this fall over an investigation. Drunk, high, crazy people knocking on our doors at all hours of the night, yelling outside my daughter's windows, people begging us for money...all kinds of stories (lies that are really and truly about drugs). A foster care crisis because so many parents are on drugs, not enough foster homes to meet the need. Going to Walmart after dark is not advisable. People will approach you. Needless to say, we own lots of guns.

Yep, that is what I was trying to ascertain.

So we have

1 - Items of clothing, that look like what Sherri was wearing, found near Oregon Trail and Holiday Rd - Nov 7th
2 - A report of a disturbance between a man in a vehicle and a female on foot, around the time of Sherris disappearance in the same vicinity, Oregon Trail/Holiday Road.

Correct?
There is a Chevron Gas Station and an ATM at the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Holiday. So cameras, I'm thinking and most likely checked out and cleared by LE before they let it be posted on the public daily log.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Redding sounds exactly like my town. Huge heroin, meth & presc drug problem. Corruption in LE, our police chief committed suicide this fall over an investigation. Drunk, high, crazy people knocking on our doors at all hours of the night, yelling outside my daughter's windows, people begging us for money...all kinds of stories (lies that are really and truly about drugs). A foster care crisis because so many parents are on drugs, not enough foster homes to meet the need. Going to Walmart after dark is not advisable. People will approach you. Needless to say, we own lots of guns.

Geeze. I live 10 miles outside New York City and we leave our doors unlocked.

My first thought had to do with the reward--perhaps they wanted to be sure they'd get it and not someone else?

My thoughts went to the reward as well. Reminds me of something my late grandma would do. God rest her soul.

Yep, happens everywhere. Horrible to think these people vote. Does explain a lot though.

I'm new here so please forgive me if repeating myself is bad etiquette...

I posted a couple of days ago asking about the report of two subjects carrying a body. It looks as though there were a number of witnesses, as well. I just googled the location given (Jones Valley Public Ramp) and see that this is a public boat ramp.

Edited to add link to the USDAs website concerning the boat ramp:
http://tinyurl.com/hm7qtvn

Are there any thoughts about this report? Could it be a missing person?

Log for 11-12-2016, pages 23 and 24:
http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I'm guessing it was the dead deer wrapped in a sheet. That was also reported in that same log.

There is a Chevron Gas Station and an ATM at the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Holiday. So cameras, I'm thinking and most likely checked out and cleared by LE before they let it be posted on the public daily log.

go to the first coordinate mentioned (woodchuck and old Oregon), then go to holiday rd- direct route is up union school so you are not at the intersection of old Oregon and holiday

It is very concerning and I really pray it is not connected to SP's disappearance. There is also a report on page 19 of the 11/13 report about a missing person and others possibly being held near the Shasta Dam. I don't know if this is the same area as the Jones Valley Public Ramp. Are there any locals on the thread familiar with these locations and are they known to be trouble areas?

Jones Valley Boat ramp is very close to Shasta Dam. It's all in the same area and part of Shasta Lake.

go to the first coordinate mentioned (woodchuck and old Oregon), then go to holiday rd- direct route is up union school so you are not at the intersection of old Oregon and holiday
Okay. This is what I found. I'm not from the area so I'll take your word.

e11298ecf8359c5568abe4f22d12e9f9.jpg

Shasta County has become a very bad area with huge increases in the last 10 years in the homeless population, and meth and heroin addicts. It used to be a very safe place to live. Someone posted in one of the first threads that there are over 500 RSO just in Shasta County alone. It's sad to see this happening, it is really such a beautiful area. :(

Yep, happens everywhere. Horrible to think these people vote. Does explain a lot though.

why would you think those people voted? I doubt very many amped up drug addicts registered to vote and then went to the polls on that Tuesday..

Where is it mentioned someone from Connecticut is calling? It was mentioned in the last thread but I didn't see how we got that information.

I'm lost. Can someone please tell me what is going on? (sorry)

why would you think those people voted? I doubt very many amped up drug addicts registered to vote and then went to the polls on that Tuesday..

Oh boy! Far be it from me to tell people what to / what not to post ... but a political discussion would be a disaster here. Not picking on you, honey, I promise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288