Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Sillybilly, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

2. Sillybilly

Please take special note of the following.

Websleuths does not engage in victim blaming. Sherri is a victim, and as such, the decision has been made to NOT allow discussion of an article purportedly authored by SG 13 years ago. It may not even belong to her, and speculation that her or her family’s personal belief system is related to her disappearance is not based on any known fact provided by law enforcement or MSM todate. IF that changes, we will review at that time.

Law enforcement has cleared Sherri's husband of involvement in Sherri's disappearance. Please do not cast aspersions or insinuate his involvement.

Also, Websleuths TOS does not allow sleuthing the social media of innocent people (victim’s family, friends, acquaintances).

Please continue discussion here and post respectfully and responsibly and in accordance with The Rules.

:tyou:

3. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

What is WPP?

4. monkeypants

monkeypants Do or do not there is no try.

Word

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5. monkeypants

Sigh

6. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

Do you have a direct link to the sheriff's comments regarding prior calls? My first thought is that it would confirm there was someone with motive to get back at SP & KP. They could have called to report a break-in, trouble with a neighbor, being followed, someone harassing SP, etc.. It may not have been recent, but if someone were named, it could definitely supply motive. Watching KP, I believe his emotions are genuine. But I also think he feels tremendous guilt. At first, I thought it was logical because he may feel as her husband that he should've been there more, worked less hours, listened to her concerns of someone being "creepy"? But rewatching the interviews, I think the guilt is because the real target may have been him and SP was taken to settle some kind of score. When he talks about bringing her back, it's as though he is talking directly to someone he knows. All MOO. But I definitely DO NOT think there was any domestic abuse. SP is a strong, educated woman with a supportive family. She would not have left her children behind. As for the wedding, we don't know a lot about her first marriage. Maybe she eloped and always dreamed of a big wedding. She could've paid for it on her own, but if her parents did, that shows even more support.

7. monkeypants

7 threads. 2 pieces of information... this is redonkulous

8. evelezrn

evelezrn Registered Nurse

WPP = Witness Protection Program ( someone asked last thread)

9. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Ppl should not just vanish off the face of the earth like this.
    I know she is out there and maybe in a place already searched.
    Maybe they should search again.

10. Seriously?

Seriously? Member

No. I dug around a good bit but could only find this reporter's twitter reference. I remember reading about this reference earlier - I can't find it. Exactly - we don't know the purpose of those calls to LE.

I don't mean to begrudge anyone a gorgeous wedding - it was beautiful and obviously expensive. That's all.

I was just pointing out some of the facts that stand out to me and very few facts are available <modsnip>

Hope she's back with her family very, very soon.

11. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Police in Anderson arrested a 29-year-old man who they believe is connected with several recent reports concerning a Hispanic man following women.

Carlos Edwardo Acosta, of San Pablo, was arrested around 4 o&#8217;clock this morning.

In the past week, two women had reported being followed by what they described as a &#8220;weird&#8221; man driving what was described as a black Crown Victoria sedan, police said, adding that one of the women reported being followed from the Anderson Walmart to the Shasta Outlets
    Police said another woman said she was followed and chased through Anderson and through the McDonald&#8217;s restaurant in Anderson.

Through computer records, police were able to determine that Acosta lives in San Pablo. Police also were able to determine the license plate number of the suspected vehicle, which turned out to be a 2003 Mercury Marauder, a sedan that looks very similar to a Crown Victoria.
    http://www.redding.com/news/local/Police-arrest-alleged-stalker-in-Anderson-402271095.html

-AND-

Campus Safety Emergency Alerts

To the Campus Community,
    November 13, 2016 Timely Warning

In Compliance with the Timely Warning notification provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics of 1998, the Shasta College Campus Safety Department is giving notice of a potential act of violence. Information has been provided that, near the East parking area of Shasta College Main Campus, 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding California. The fore mentioned subject has approached the reporting party on different occasions indicating a request for the reporting party to enter a vehicle. The reporting party has also been approached in person around the 800 building. Shasta College Campus Safety is initiating this release based on information that supports a potential act of Stalking.

The Redding Police Department is currently investigating the information.

The subject is described as a Hispanic male, 35 to 40 years old, 5&#8217; 5-6, 160 to 180 Ibs, dark hair. The Hispanic male was driving a black Honda Civic, with silver, after market rims.
    http://www.shastacollege.edu/Administrative Services/Security/Pages/ALERTS.aspx

Bringing over to the new thread for discussion.

12. Westsloper

Westsloper Inactive

Fugue state?

13. lmr

lmr Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,
    Random question...
    Is there a board here on Websleuths that gives resources on how to sleuth? For example, which online background check websites are any good, how to search court records, etc

14. Shy1214

Shy1214 New Member

That would be helpful! I'm new here and I have come to realize I am not a very good sleuth. I also don't have Facebook (gasp) so I can't get info that way either.

15. Sillybilly

Hi lmr,

You might have a look at Internet Sleuthing Tips. It hasn't been updated in a long time but you may pick up some helpful hints.

hth

16. KayCherry

KayCherry Well-Known Member

my sentiments exactly

17. Shy1214

Shy1214 New Member

I have a question for all the experienced sleuthers. Is it normal for the police to not give the public much info. For instance, daycare pick up routine and such? I can fully understand why they wouldn't say much but I wonder if law enforcement seems unusually tight lipped about this particular case?

18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Wow, thread #7! Where's the stagehand with the list? I think I'm ready to weigh in. Every case where I think I know what happened, however, I am wrong. I was WAY wrong about what happened to KB and Charlie David Carver... :facepalm:

19. Westsloper

Westsloper Inactive

Someone she sold a go phone to??

20. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Yes...yes...yes! And Yes!
    We have example after example on WS of searches that transpired where searchers walked within inches of a victim and didn't see/find them. Mother nature embraces earthly remains and makes them very difficult to see.

Steelman and I have both provided maps of the areas we are interested in, and they overlap. My exception is that I have strongly encouraged the search of the cement quarry area.

But yes. More searches would be highly advisable, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.