Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are all the flags around me red?

Not me. If I had the means to do so, this is *exactly* what I would do too. The Sherriff isn't even definitively stating she has been taken against her will, has called off all searches...what is the family to do? Wait until they identify her in the morgue?! I applaud them for doing everything humanly possible to bring their loved one home. I'd do it too.

Though I'm thinking #5, I'm starting to question if she did run off with someone else and somebody's ego is very bruised. Called
off searches? All hopes on a ransom? Convinced it was an abduction and she's still alive? No wonder LE is not making a call.

Not me. If I had the means to do so, this is *exactly* what I would do too. The Sherriff isn't even definitively stating she has been taken against her will, has called off all searches...what is the family to do? Wait until they identify her in the morgue?! I applaud them for doing everything humanly possible to bring their loved one home. I'd do it too.

I would feel better if searches were still continuing with the resources provided from the account.

Regarding Lehigh Southwest Cement Co. mentioned earlier, they had a layoff with no notice of 39 employees in September 2016 due to equipment problems. Maybe an unemployed, unhappy worker with too much time on their hands? Just a thought.

I would feel better if searches were still continuing with the resources provided from the account.

Perhaps they are, and yes...I would use some of that money to bring in expert trackers and their dogs. I believe we need cadaver dogs at this stage, and I'm truly sorry to say that.

Is anyone physically looking for Sherri? Any private agencies or friends or family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's a good thing the Sheriff hasn't done that since she could have been murdered in her home amongst other things that could have happened.

I am just as confused as everyone else. I feel like a lot of info is not being shared by family with LE and by LE with the public. With that said, it makes it hard for us sleuthers to make any real headway on possible scenarios. It feels like we are spinning our wheels as a result.

Many theories that come to mind are not allowed to be discussed here. I understand why, but it certainly hinders the whodunnit process. I hope wherever SP is that she makes it home safe and that whoever is responsible is brought to justice.

I tend to be very suspicious in these types of cases--like I pegged Mark Sievers for being behind his wife's death from the beginning. But in this case, the pieces do seem to fit. She was alone, likely went out a jog in a rural area and was taken by force. I guess it could have been staged, but if not, the pieces seem to fit abduction, unless I am missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She does have a lot of political stuff on one of her boards. For example, she's pinned a cartoon where black people, mexicans, transgendered people etc say they are proud to be black, mexican, transgender or whatever but if a white person says they are proud to be white they are branded a racist.

There's some pro-trump stuff on there too.

https://www.pinterest.com/spapini/cultural-differences/

That particular board seems out of place, doesn't it? There is at least one other with similar pics (and pro-Trump as you say) but in the middle of recipes, fashion, crafts, and homeschooling there's guns and hmmm... how to say it? Stuff my father would pin.

Maybe that's more representative of her alter ego.

It stands out, IMO, and tells us something else about her.

JMO

SP's cell phone and earbuds were found on the ground by a crossroads with a distinct landmark (the mailboxes).

If she wanted to run away - and like all other possibilities I have not ruled this out - could she have arranged for someone to meet here there, get into the car, then toss out the cell phone with earbuds out the car window before taking off?

I just think this is a little strange she disappeared at a crossroads is all.

Perhaps reinforcing what has already been stated, here is an old study that talks about who the Perp might be statistically. Since human behavior doesn't change that much, I think we can safely say this is still good data.

Calling out that 80% of murder victims *know* their Perp. I believe in Sherri's case this is absolutely true:

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/press/MILUC88.PR

How do we know searches are not continuing? I've followed a lot of cases that didn't get 1/4 of the media coverage Sherri Papini's case has gotten so far and the family of those missing persons continue to search/LE continues to track down leads even though the media is not covering them. Did I miss a media announcement that the family stopped searching?

After reading this I keep thinking of creepy encounters I've had when I jog or run around. When people are jogging or running down a road without an exercise partner some bad things can happen. Add on top of that the fact that most people who exercise on a regular basis have their routine that they love - and makes them easy to stalk. I haven't changed my routine and depending upon where her jogging route goes she could have had a stalker and not have a clue about it. If you jog in a neighborhood you usually have a few set routes and meet some neighbors. I've met some really cool people and have made some great friends jogging but there is usually a small group of creeps who ruin it for everyone.

If the poor woman just had her earbuds and smartphone she may never had heard anyone driving up behind her. I even jog on the side of the road against the flow of traffic and even then some people swerve because they're distracted. Despite the dangers I can't afford a treadmill and I enjoy getting outside. I really hope they find her alive and OK.

Get a doberman. They make great jogging partners and no one messes with you. No one.

I browsed her Pinterest too and nothing struck me as crazy. I have two small children, the exact same ages. I would post a lot of baby and kid stuff.

I'm also from the area and had my CCW permit in 2012, at my father's request. I never carried my gun because I had a newborn and the idea scared me a little.

Redding area has been just full of crime lately. Because the area is full of drugs. Heroin took over a few years ago and now, it just seems so unsafe everywhere. Maybe they're hoping the money would entice whoever took SP, because cash is always a necessity for drug addicts. But I personally think if she was taken, it wasn't for money or because of drugs. They need to search the lakes and any wooded areas. And dig DEEP into anyone who lives in that area.

Even rewards for information are almost always futile; a "bring them back for cash" plea is ultimately only an advertisement for the donor or pitchman, as it will not succeed.

How do we know searches are not continuing? I've followed a lot of cases that didn't get 1/4 of the media coverage Sherri Papini's case has gotten so far and the family of those missing persons continue to search/LE continues to track down leads even though the media is not covering them. Did I miss a media announcement that the family stopped searching?

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff--401588036.html?d=mobile

states here LE ​and family stopped ground searches

ETA: search called off Nov. 16. Ransom made public I believe Nov. 18, maybe earlier if someone can find an earlier date.

Perhaps reinforcing what has already been stated, here is an old study that talks about who the Perp might be statistically. Since human behavior doesn't change that much, I think we can safely say this is still good data.

Calling out that 80% of murder victims *know* their Perp. I believe in Sherri's case this is absolutely true:

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/press/MILUC88.PR

Interestingly, (someone) used the same numbers when he declared Sherri's husband was cleared:

'We recognize that in 80% of the disappearance cases the spouse is responsible,' he said. 'But conversely, that means in 20% of the cases the spouse is not involved. This case falls into the latter category.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-passing-lie-detector-test.html#ixzz4QrE3N72M

ETA: LA Times has the same quote and makes it clearer, IMO it is a relative who said it: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...i-husband-missing-redding-20161110-story.html

Still interesting those numbers were used....:thinking:

Interestingly, the sheriff used the same numbers when he declared Sherri's husband was cleared:

'We recognize that in 80% of the disappearance cases the spouse is responsible,' he said. 'But conversely, that means in 20% of the cases the spouse is not involved. This case falls into the latter category.'

Did the sheriff say those exact words? I thought that quote was from Keith's family.

ETA: Yes, that quote is from Rod Rodriguez, a family member.

Did the sheriff say those exact words? I thought that quote was from Keith's family.

Gah! You may be right. It's weird the way the DM article was formatted it doesn't directly quote who said that. Apologies if I got the person who said that wrong.

ETA: I edited my post above, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member