Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Sillybilly, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Well-Known Member

Okay, since the "ransom offer" letter has been updated yet again, I thought I'd point out that the Spanish-language version of it still has the original, different phone number to call the "negotiator." Ugh.

http://sherripapini.com/letter_ES/

edited to add: It doesn't appear to have been changed at all, as it doesn't match subsequent translations of the English version.

2. monkeypants

monkeypants Do or do not there is no try.

Best guess is they called it off based upon information they gathered that they are not releasing and the family doesn't want released or of embarrassed etc. They didn't stop searching because they want to. They did it because their resources are probably limited and whatever they found makes them think it's not warranted

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. monkeypants

Maybe it's metaphorical...she was at a crossroads in life....

4. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

They got it wrong. 80% of the time the victim *knows* the Perp. 30% of the time it is the spouse/significant other.

5. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Understood, and very logical. That being said, if this were my daughter missing, I wouldn't count on LE being right. I'd do what my gut told me. I think that is what they are doing, and I can understand that.

6. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member

7. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

I just looked at mine with a critical eye and damn, it would be so obvious who I am and there are a few clues to where I would go. Time to start adding pins about Websleuths, hitchhiking, serial killers, and cults.

8. Bettylou4you

Bettylou4you Active Member

Yeah! I mentioned the significance of the crossroads yesterday. Interesting that it was Sunrise Dr. Something happened there, either a bad end, or a moment of resolve if she went off on her own.

9. marable

marable Well-Known Member

I was thinking last night how I felt when I could no longer work(due to illness)....I had always worked since graduating from high school, always had my own money, insurance etc....When that was taken away from me I became severely depressed.....If I am not mistaken Sherri was not working for whatever reason, could she have been somewhat depressed about the loss of her job?

In reading her Pinterest posts , to me, her life seemed somewhat empty and that she had lost her sense of self...probably wrong....

There just seems to be sadness behind Sherri's big bright smile....

10. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

I thought the phone was actually found off of Old Oregon Trail, some many yards away from the maiboxes on Sunrise at Old Oregon Trail.

11. IllinoisMissing

IllinoisMissing Active Member

http://www.redding.com/news/local/S...Sherri-Papini-search--400291581.html?d=mobile

Days combing the woods have turned up little to nothing in the way of clues, so the family of missing woman Sherri Papini is refocusing its efforts to a news and social media campaign aimed at finding the 34-year-old mother they believe is likely out of the area by now.

"I think we exhausted the resources that we have out here to search for her," said Sheila Koester, Papini's sister. "We are trying to reach out to national news and social media networks ... We feel that it's moved to where she's been taken from this area, and everyone in the nation needs to be looking."

From 2 weeks ago...November 7th and posted in earlier threads.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

12. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

There's a Spanish version? Are there other language versions too?

I think the website isn't displaying correctly on my phone, all I see when I go to the main page is a video and a list of news articles.

13. monkeypants

Yes except if LE showed you email and phone etc trails leading to a voluntary leaving, chances are you would have to accept she left voluntarily. They aren't accepting it, but are seemingly using a public forum aimed at a specific person to get her to come home.
    I think one of the reasons they went out of state would be to talk to someone she was corresponding with via phone or email.

14. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Well-Known Member

Yes, that link is directly to the Spanish-language version, which seems to have been overlooked during most or all of the updates and changes to other important information--including the changing deadlines.

15. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

16. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

17. snowboots

snowboots New Member

18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

:eek:hwow: Is this for real? It's like he is reading from a movie script..

19. kbpirate

kbpirate Active Member

It makes sense though. Someone stopped at a crosswalk wouldn't attract the attention that one stopped at the side of the road would. They could stop as though to turn or just for the stop sign without seeming suspicious.

20. missgulfsouth

missgulfsouth Active Member

So I guess if she was abducted, they didn't know her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.