Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair and clear, they did not say whether she had or had not been sexually assaulted.

Trafficking victims are almost exclusively runaways, abducted teens, prostitutes, or non-English speaking migrants.

No. I think if anyone is disturbed enough to fabricate such a thing, then something is very wrong and they could be at risk. ETA: I just read Sillybilly's admonishment so I hope this isn't out of line. I;m not sure what happened here but feel...odd.

I agree. If she had left voluntarily against medical advice I think we may have heard some different things at the presser. Otherwise, if she did experience a mental health or neurological issue, she would likely stay overnight.

Oh yes you can:

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/32...in-simpsonville-motel-room-filed-false-report

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...invasion-charged-faking-terrifying-story.html
Sigh... Lets just say I agree with you 100%, and I will reserve my energy, online sleuthing skills, and sanity for the Unidentified... No judgement, to anyone, but I feel manipulated, and just plain "icky"... I hope that I am allowed to express my feelings....

Wow, I totally missed that. Where exactly was this all-inclusive resort where SP was set up and pampered? I understood her injuries to be "non life-threatening" with the sheriff not elaborating on specific injuries. Yet so many posters here say she wasn't raped or beaten, what did I miss? Is it because there wasn't an extensive hospital stay? Would that have made her abduction appear more serious? It didn't with KB when Todd Kohlhepp locked her in a cage for 2 months. She went home to be with her family, as she should. SP is a mother of 2 small children and probably couldn't bear the thought of being away from them one more night. I also don't recall hearing the sheriff comment to specifics on how she was bound or whether more detailed descriptions of the women or vehicle were given. But what if she had been bound and blind-folded during her ordeal?

Again, I said I believed it was more likely that she was specifically targeted (possibly a prior altercation between her and the abductors or someone else and the abductors). But they could have been arranging a sale of her with traffickers. They don't just kill. They want to get their money's worth. Not saying this is what happened to SP, but at this point, nothing would surprise me. But IMO, SP is still a victim here (as is her husband and family) and casting stones when we don't have all the answers is just incomprehensible to me.

Traffickers don't set you up and pamper you. Most times, you are beaten, drugged, raped, etc. to break you..to submit. Kidnapped to become a coyote? Doubtful..they would just kill her ..as would traffickers.
Frankly, I can't believe the sheriff released such a general description. No composites..no ages, no accents? No hairstyles, no nothing etc. Do you know how many innocent hispanic women are going to be rousted?? They'd have to stop ALL hispanic women. I would think the sheriff would've said they wore masks if they did so there should be composites!! Oh wait...maybe we all look alike to her. I'm out for awhile as I am finding it hard to be victim friendly at this point with the info we have..

Maybe she did have some bad blood between her and the Latino community. Like people have said that she had the IMAGE of the all American girl. We know that the media and people put out to the public what and who they want us to see. Buut with the lack of common current SM that was supposedly deleted and older ones found maybe she had another side to her that some people would not be considered that at all.

I just read the good news about Sherri being found alive. Wow! So happy to learn this, it gave me chills!!

It could be a possibility they gave her back because of the reward to turn in who ever had her.

In regards to the GoFund me money we don't know if they already used it on detectives and personal search teams. Seems those all cost a lot of money and could have been used already. I'm sure the gofund me page is the last thing on their minds right now. They all seem like a loving family family and I'm sure any left over money will be put to something good.

Have to say... I'm crying right now. I am 100% on Sherri's side...

We're all in this together, this great big thing called life. Sometimes, life becomes overwhelming, and people don't know how to deal with it. We all make mistakes.

I am absolutely elated to learn that Sherri is still alive. I'm devastated at the judgment that is sure to follow. Have to say, I'm also very disappointed at the recent choices she has appeared to have made.

This is over, folks. The family publicized this because they needed our help. I am proud of every commenter here that offered their opinion and tried to solve this thing.

But now, this is over. We need to step back and allow Sherri and those around her to rebuild. To heal.

Please, folks, please keep this respectful. It could happen to any one of us. It really could. You just don't know it yet.

Respectfully, this is not over. According to the story there are at least two felony fugitives out there! I think it's very valid to question why these people don't appear to be being feverishly hunted for.

Is it not odd that the Sheriff seemed so blasé about the whole ordeal?
Unless that's just how they do it in California? No urgency to get these people into custody.

That's frightening and weird to me, which is the only reason I question what really happened.

Does anyone truly believe she was randomly abducted by two armed Hispanic females...for three weeks....then released bound yet unharmed.... on the side of the highway...on Thanksgiving day.... for reasons unknown?

I am seriously ROTF!
If they do .... Well , stranger things have happened, I guess, just not in real life... I associate this forum with intelligent people willing to take their time, energy, and hearts to crowdsource by collective brainstorming. I am not a fan of manipulation, for anyones agenda.

It could be a possibility they gave her back because of the reward to turn in who ever had her.

In regards to the GoFund me money we don't know if they already used it on detectives and personal search teams. Seems those all cost a lot of money and could have been used already. I'm sure the gofund me page is the last thing on their minds right now. They all seem like a loving family family and I'm sure any left over money will be put to something good.

Just an opinion, nothing more and nothing less, that ransom was paid.

If they do .... Well , stranger things have happened, I guess, just not in real life... I associate this forum with intelligent people willing to take their time, energy, and hearts to crowdsource by collective brainstorming. I am not a fan of manipulation, for anyones agenda.

Ditto.

I missed it earlier. Who discovered SP? How did she appear? Was she dishevelled? Bruised? Dirty? TIA

i was wondering if she was released and the two women didn't do it for the reward. the negotiator guy said the police weren't involved, so who knows if they didn't do the payoff secretly. sounds a bit overly dramatic though for that to actually happen. maybe these two will wait a while and then try to collect the money? i have no idea what to think anymore... trying to come up with the most realistic scenario for abduction.

Respectfully, this is not over. According to the story there are at least two felony fugitives out there! I think it's very valid to question why these people don't appear to be being feverishly hunted for.

Is it not odd that the Sheriff seemed so blasé about the whole ordeal?
Unless that's just how they do it in California? No urgency to get these people into custody.

That's frightening and weird to me, which is the only reason I question what really happened.

Agreed. It's like they knew something all along that we didn't.

All I keep thinking is there are so many cases, so many missing, so many who haven't been in People magazine, who haven't received national and international attention, and so many without a penny in a GoFund Me account. If this were to not turn out to be what we have been lead to believe, I feel like it adds a layer of desensitization to current and future cases. I think that's why I personally feel a bit upset about this case. Regardless of whether or not the story is true, I stand by my previous belief and hope SP gets all the help she needs. I don't mean this maliciously, I truly don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the sheriff's press conference. He seems to be taking the abduction claim at face value. If he has his doubts, he sure didn't express or even hint at them, AFAICT. He said she was abducted, not allegedly abducted, near the location where her phone was found. He also said he would keep the public informed as the investigation continues. None of us knows what happened; but if we have patience, I think we'll learn more soon.

Yes, but I noticed the carefully worded "According to Ms. Papini..." he added as a disclaimer before describing the kidnappers.

i was wondering if she was released and the two women didn't do it for the reward. the negotiator guy said the police weren't involved, so who knows if they didn't do the payoff secretly. sounds a bit overly dramatic though for that to actually happen. maybe these two will wait a while and then try to collect the money? i have no idea what to think anymore... trying to come up with the most realistic scenario for abduction.

maybe they did collect the ramsom but it's in the best interest for the public to be told the opposite-because it might create more kidnappings for money..

Sounds like a total stunt. To fuel the AltRight. To vilify latinos. With a totally "American" Thanksgiving/safe-return. Couldn't have been better timed.
Thank you, my thoughts exactly!

Your right maybe they called and got the ransom upon her safe return.

Dear Websleuths Members,

It is disappointing to see posters gleeful that they believe now that Sherri Papini has been found alive her story was false.

Sherri Papini is a human being going through hell right now. Doesn't matter if her story is true or not. She is going through an absolute living hell and so is her family.

What if Sherri was brought to your home, you had to tell her your real name, and then you say those things to her face. Changes things a bit doesn't it?

It easy to say things when you are behind a computer screen. You must remember that loved ones read here. You are saying these things to their faces. I wouldn't be surprised if Sherri herself comes here at some point.

If you do not believe she was kidnapped that is your opinion. You may even express your opinion on Websleuths but I WILL NOT ALLOW anyone to be rude, unkind, flippant, sarcastic or just plain mean.

Thankfully SillyBilly has been doing a great job so most of you are not see these posts.

No matter what happens, no matter what the truth turns out to be, Sherri Papini needs help.

Here is an example. We have many people pointing to the fact that Sherri's is still up. If Sherri was my loved one the LAST thing I would think about is a GoFundMePage. It could be as simple as that.

Please be respectful in your opinions.

You may question the evidence in a polite manner.

Time outs are being issued as we speak.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Thank you, Tricia.

I don't know what happened but I only just arrived back here after reading the news and started to read the thread trying to find out more. Instead of finding the usual smart investigative questioning of the facts we know and a timeline of events organized for reference, I saw troubling comments aimed at the victim and her family. And I haven't even finished the thread!

Thank you to the mods who have been busy keeping on top of things. Today was Thanksgiving in the US and I am thankful for Websleuth's commitment to protecting victims and removing anything rude or out of line. :gomods:

Finally, I'm completely stunned by this case, but I'm reserving judgement. I thought Sherri was dead and now it turns out she is not. I'm very happy to have been wrong! She is alive. She is able to hold her babies again. I need to let that sink in for a bit as I'm still shocked. :freakedout::thud:

There is a lot of investigating left for LE and so much we don't know. I can't really say much else at this point. I think more about the story will come out soon.
MOO. :moo:

Female on Female rape is possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LE did not say no when asked if she was sexually assaulted. He wouldn't comment on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Female on Female rape is possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I am aware. I meant that it would be a simple solution if a rape kit didn't show signs of vaginal rape. I've been through a rape kit and they can give an opinion on type of penetration (digital, penile, object, etc) along with evidence collection. If she ran away and this was a hoax then she probably wouldn't even need or want a rape kit (they are traumatizing) and a quick explanation would be female abductors. I would have a harder time believing that men held her for 3 weeks without raping her. Then again, my personal experience with male perpetrators has me think the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998