GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said the first time he went there he was looking for her not the phone, then went back to look for the phone and found it.
Something still doesn't add up. He claims he used find my phone, followed the pinging, and it led him to the mailboxes. Yet he didn't find her OR the phone. He said he went back home, made some calls, and then went back - and this time he found the phone down another road past the mailboxes. So why did the app supposedly ping at the mailboxes if the phone was down another road? Why would he stop at the mailboxes if it didn't ping there that first time? If it DID ping there, then why was the phone later found down another road?

Last edited:
Something about Keith's story always seemed off to me. What if the whole thing was cooked up by the two of them? Maybe they used the ex-boyfriend b/c he was gullible and they knew they could get him to cooperate if Sherri flirted a bit? They may have done this for money and attention, hoping to parlay it into more than just cash - maybe they saw book and movie deals. His reactions/emotions during his interview seemed so odd. And I can't get past how he promised the kids she'd be home by Thanksgiving. What a cruel thing that would be to do to children - to make a promise you'd have little to no chance of being able to keep! And how coincidental that Keith and her family and friends had a balloon drop that morning, and just as they released the balloons, Keith called to tell them they'd found her?!

Something about Keith's story always seemed off to me. What if the whole thing was cooked up by the two of them? Maybe they used the ex-boyfriend b/c he was gullible and they knew they could get him to cooperate if Sherri flirted a bit? They may have done this for money and attention, hoping to parlay it into more than just ******** cash - maybe they saw book and movie deals. His reactions/emotions during his interview seemed so odd. And I can't get past how he promised the kids she'd be home by Thanksgiving. What a cruel thing that would be to do to children - to make a promise you'd have little to no chance of being able to keep! And how coincidental that Keith and her family and friends had a balloon drop that morning, and just as they released the balloons, Keith called to tell them they'd found her?!
You've brought up some great points!!

Something about Keith's story always seemed off to me. What if the whole thing was cooked up by the two of them? Maybe they used the ex-boyfriend b/c he was gullible and they knew they could get him to cooperate if Sherri flirted a bit? They may have done this for money and attention, hoping to parlay it into more than just ******** cash - maybe they saw book and movie deals. His reactions/emotions during his interview seemed so odd. And I can't get past how he promised the kids she'd be home by Thanksgiving. What a cruel thing that would be to do to children - to make a promise you'd have little to no chance of being able to keep! And how coincidental that Keith and her family and friends had a balloon drop that morning, and just as they released the balloons, Keith called to tell them they'd found her?!

Absolutely!

Will be reinforced if he doesn't file for divorce!

According to the complaint, SP mostly used her husband to relay information to LE. It took SP 9 months (9/22/17) to approve the FBI artist sketch of her two faux Hispanic woman abductors!

I completely understand that people deal with trauma in different ways that may include avoidant behavior and/or the need to be "protected" from interaction with others. 9 months for the FBI sketch approval though, wow. I wonder how common the type of behavior Sherri exhibited in terms of dealing with the police/FBI is, and whether this contributed to the sense on the part of law enforcement that there was more to the story.

I also wonder if she used avoidance as a conscious strategy (playing the traumatized victim) or if she was really uncomfortable around the police (and didn't want to get caught lying).

I remember someone on Reddit posting this “police” sketch of both suspects. Si! Hola! Lol

k3B5zsvBoPzpF3eMN1fwHuovf_6ku-6yocVTOzURyRg.jpg
I think it was also on Reddit that someone posted this picture of what they thought the suspect looked like

There are so many people who do hoaxes, stunts, whatever for attention? Money? It reminds me of "Yoga Girl" who got "lost" at Zions National Park. She was never charged with a crime. It was a lot of drama. And a waste of time and money for all involved.

Holly Courtier's rescue in Zion National Park led to rumors, theories

Further investigation led to no findings of fraud, probably because her family checked her into a mental health facility before she spoke to LEO.

There are so many people who do hoaxes, stunts, whatever for attention? Money? It reminds me of "Yoga Girl" who got "lost" at Zions National Park. She was never charged with a crime. It was a lot of drama. And a waste of time and money for all involved.

Further investigation led to no findings of fraud, probably because her family checked her into a mental health facility before she spoke to LEO.
Yes! That case pissed me right off, too.

don't forget Balloon Boy....

Sherri Papini can't access records in criminal case: judge

Mar. 16, 2022

Sherri Papini, the California “super mom” who faked her own kidnapping, won’t be able to access documents related to her criminal case unless she’s in the presence of her attorney, a judge ruled.

The protective order, filed by prosecutors last week and signed by a magistrate judge Tuesday, bars Papini from accessing documents that contain “personal identifying information,” such as the names of witnesses or other related information, court records show.

Not only will Papini not have access to the records unless she’s in the presence of her defense team, she also can’t make copies of the materials, take them out of the room or “write down or memorialize” any of the identifying information in the files, the document, filed in the Eastern District of California, says.
[.....]
Papini does have a right to make a request to see the documents but before her attorney can allow her access, all personal identifying information must be redacted from the records, the order says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd