Found Alive CA - Sheryl Powell, 60, and dog, Grandview Campground, Inyo County, 12 July 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by TatianaBarbie, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Here is a map image of the campsite they found. Notice where the road comes to a V to the right of the coordinates? That’s probably where the Jeep was parked and he just went up to the ridge to turn it around or reposition it. He didn’t drive somewhere to park it.

roche.analisa, LAhiker and MassGuy like this.

2. Butterfly_Rises

Butterfly_Rises The truth will hurt, but the lies will kill you

Thank you. Of course he hasn't been ruled out they barely just started any type of investigation. That would be a foolish statement to make by anyone in LE.

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

4. Atrain18

Atrain18 Active Member

All just my opinion...

If I truly thought my wife had been abducted or was a victim of foul play, I surely wouldn't be hanging out at that campsite or the "crime scene". I would get to a more secure area, like a nearby hotel. I would assist with SAR operations during the day.

They would have found her remains if it was a mountain lion. Mountain lions typically drag their prey a few hundred yards and they half-bury their prey. Drag marks would be obvious.

Other than the husband's statement, we haven't seen any evidence that SP was even at the campsite area.

5. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

That's a bit weird. They just spent how many hours traveling together to get to this location?

6. ClaireNC

Delete duplicate

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Thanks for that. Of course there are a lot of unresolved missing persons cases in the wilderness. Stuff happens out there. It's not related to aliens or government cover ups or any crazy conspiracy theory.

It's just normal that in vast areas people can get lost and die.

roche.analisa, LAhiker, Dre and 7 others like this.
  8. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Don't see a link for the map..TIA

roche.analisa and Davia18 like this.
  9. Butterfly_Rises

Butterfly_Rises The truth will hurt, but the lies will kill you

They haven't

10. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

she might have a purple shirt on or she might have her bathing suit top on is what I am assuming that means. Nothing more sinister than that IMO.

roche.analisa, LAhiker, Dre and 5 others like this.
  11. ClaireNC

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    roche.analisa, tnith and zecats like this.
  12. Shay

Shay Active Member

This is how I understand it as well. They found a camping spot, he went to turn the vehicle around, then came back with all the camping gear. But I'm wondering why it was so important to have the Jeep backed into the space?

13. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

According to the Sheriff's FB, a dog matching the description of Mrs. Powell's dog has been found about 2.5 miles of where she was last seen.

Inyo County Sheriff's Office

Edited to add: the dog found is alive

14. gitana1

Can you link to those?

roche.analisa, Stunned and cody22 like this.
  15. Dayday7

Dayday7 Active Member

Inyo LE just posted an update saying that searchers found a dog that matched the description 2.5 miles away from where she was last seen. The dog is alive. I am hoping it is in fact the dog and perhaps she just fell somewhere and is ok but just injured and they will find her soon. I don't know how to add a link but it is from their offical LE page.

16. carterkatt

carterkatt Active Member

I have two thoughts....

If I was with my husband for several hours, and then we were apart, there is no way on earth he could tell you what color I had on, much less if it was pants, shorts, dress, etc.

And... if she got out of the vehicle to get in the shade - why not just stay in the vehicle with the AC on? Unless it was just for the dog to go to the bathroom?

None of this makes much sense.

17. carterkatt

carterkatt Active Member

Same kind/color of leash??? Lame? thanks for posting this!

18. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

So the lame dog managed to go 2.5 miles? I'm now wondering exactly where that vehicle stopped on it's path to the campsite? I also think LE must know she was with him otherwise this is a lot of manpower for searching all these days? JMO

19. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Seems to me the way things are stated that they passed through the main campground and were searching/staking out a spot up that dirt road? Does the campground continue up there with places to camp that are considerate offload/wilderness sites?

When we camp (in PA mostly in wooded state parks) there are wilderness sites that campers then have to park below and carry their stuff up to. Also, I normally get out of the truck to help Mr. Zecats back the trailer into the site. Sheryl probably didn't have to do that as they only had a vehicle, but I can tell you we often get very disagreeable with each other if the first few attempts to back in are not successful. Often one of us walks off for a bit to get away from the other. No way to know if they maybe had a little tiff from whole traveling or after arriving and she just needed to separate herself.

Puzzling that there are no signs or her, the dog, the leash, except footprints? Did these footprints lead anywhere? A tracker would be able to tell. Everything MOO

20. gitana1

Can you direct me to a link?

roche.analisa and windrower like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.