Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds as if they are saying "Not a stranger".

To me I take this a someone that would be in the community for any reason. Someone that you would maybe pass and wave to or be used to seeing in the area. I think the reason being is the dog lost the scent in the cul-de-sac. I think if maybe there was reason to believe she made it to the bus stop then there could be more of a chance that it was a stranger.

Well, somebody in LE said the bag was between the shed and a big cactus. Did more than one LE say it? I know the Sheriff said it at least once, but on the tape Cordoza says nearer the intersection. This would not be the first time what the Sheriff said didn't match what other LE had said. It makes one wonder if this is a tactical thing or if the LE just have not been communicating very well with each other.

The location was clarified more later by the sheriff. I am going to guess they didn't want people around the area or they may have been watching the area and then later determined that it would be ok to be more specific on the location. Cardoza said "near" Santa Theresa and Laguna.

I wonder what makes LE so sure it as not a stranger. What do they know that points to it being an acquaintance? Is it just because the odds are a stranger in the area would stand out more? If no one saw anything, how can LE be so sure it was not a stranger?

We have always assumed the perp knew Sierra was alone that morning, but what if he didn't? I can't forget how Duncan went into the Groene home to get the kids and he didn't care if they were not alone. He dealt with the adults and then took the kids. Maybe the perp in this case had similar intent?

Nevermind. I'm too tired to make any sense.

I wonder what makes LE so sure it as not a stranger. What do they know that points to it being an acquaintance? Is it just because the odds are a stranger in the area would stand out more? If no one saw anything, how can LE be so sure it was not a stranger?

We have always assumed the perp knew Sierra was alone that morning, but what if he didn't? I can't forget how Duncan went into the Groene home to get the kids and he didn't care if they were not alone. He dealt with the adults and then took the kids. Maybe the perp in this case had similar intent?

I'm not familiar with the case but I'm guessing that Duncan knew there were kids in the home. The probability of a complete stranger, driving through the area and turning down that street and taking her from her driveway are pretty slim as apposed to someone that would know her morning routine.

Ok, am glad the shed/cactus thing is something to be confident about!! Ahhh shifting sands are not fun!

Ok, am glad the shed/cactus thing is something to be confident about!! Ahhh shifting sands are not fun!

If I could post a link on how this was all figured out for you I would. It went on for some time quite a few threads back and was rather complicated.

There is a video of the Sheriff talking about it. In photobucket there are pictures of the area.

Between a combination of using satellite maps, what the sheriff said, videos and photos, the WS members figured it out.

Another scenario could be that the perp sent the text to mess with the timeline.

If this was the case, he would have been more likely to send one saying "I won't be in school today... dentist" or something instead of setting up a meeting with someone he knew she would not be able to make.

I've never heard a firm and definitive statement about anyone being cleared. If they have been, it would be helpful to make that a well known and clear fact. I think it would refocus some of the energies of useless speculation (if in fact individuals have indeed, been cleared.) Perhaps I just missed that definitive statement from LE. It's hard to keep up with the volumes of info on this case.

Several different times, LE has said that the family are not suspects.

One time, on NG, Sheriff Laurie Smith said that no one had been ruled out.

Since then, at least once, Lt Cardozo has said again that the family are not regarded as suspects.

It really doesn't waste anyone's energy on WS, since the mods have made it clear that sleuthing or speculating about the family is not permitted.

Personally, I believe it was a non-family abduction by someone that Sierra may or may not have had previous contact with.

Why is these RSO's are only caught not reporting when there is an abduction or an attack...JMO

It's a lot easier to fake out a parole officer during scheduled visits.

And my impression is that the state of California is still in sorry economic condition; the supervisory personnel may have caseloads that preclude doing unannounced checks on a frequent basis.

Politicians are a lot more willing to vote for "tough on crime" laws than they are willing to vote to dedicate the financial resources to fully carry out those laws.

O.K., trying to think of scenarios to explain why her last text was at 7:11, and the phone was "tossed" at 7:15. First, how do we know it was tossed at 7:15? I'm sure someone explained that, but I missed that.

Assuming the phone WAS tossed at 7:15, and her last text WAS at 7:11, the only explanation I can think of is that she willingly got in to a car with someone she knew, and she felt comfortable enough to be texting to her school chum. At that point I must conclude that the individual(s) in the vehicle that was giving her the ride "turned" on her...

This leads me to have a stronger feeling about the potential Suspect profile...

The phone was found just a couple minutes from her home by car. Considering how fast many teens text, she could have sent that text before she even set eyes on her abductor.

I'm not sure that tells us anything about how she got into the car. Some victims drop everything in their hands when taken by surprise, some victims clutch everything. I haven't seen any studies on it but it seems to me that victims who are abducted at gunpoint are more likely to clutch what is in their hands because it feels like protection to have anything between one's body and a bullet (deceptive protection but the little lizard mind that takes over at those times doesn't realise that).

I have been following this case from thr beginning, and reading all of the posts from the ever brilliant sleuths here. Tonight, after reading this last page of posts another case came to my mind. The name eludes me, but it was the case of a 12 year old girl in the St. Louis, Missouri area who disappeared after going to play with a friend at the friend's house. It turned out that the 15 year old sister of the missing girl 's friend had killed this little girl to "see what it felt like". The names of the victim and the perp are on the tip of my tongue, but my brain is frozen at the moment. Anyway, my thought was that maybe it is not a sex offender,or a male offender at all. Could be a young girl who, for some reason or motive unknown, took Sierra and ended her life. jMHO, and total speculation, but stranger things have happened.

I think you're thinking of the case where the victim was Elizabeth Olten and the perp was Alyssa Bustamante. Elizabeth Olten was only 9 years old.

Plus, Alyssa was able to hide Elizabeth's body well enough that it wasn't found by searchers. After suspicion focused on Alyssa, she finally confessed and led LE to the spot.

Before she attacked Elizabeth, she'd prepared a shallow grave in a bramble patch.

Creepy, creepy case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member