Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluciano63

Reaction score
Thank you for the correction. I will make sure not to read Hoffman for further information concerning the Sierra Lamar case.

Or any other case...she does this all the time...tries to find something that she can make slightly sensational out of basic info...

Theologian

Reaction score
Or any other case...she does this all the time...tries to find something that she can make slightly sensational out of basic info...

I never have bothered reading her articles in the past. I found what she had written only after looking for recent updates about Sierra early this morning. Thank you once again for the correction.

Can you recommend a reliable reporter who has consistently and professionally covered the Sierra LaMar case with frequent updates?

cluciano63

Reaction score
I never have bothered reading her articles in the past. I found what she had written only after looking for recent updates about Sierra early this morning. Thank you once again for the correction.

Can you recommend a reliable reporter who has consistently and professionally covered the Sierra LaMar case with frequent updates?

There really isn't anyone...and no frequent updates either. When there were a lot of articles back in April, I emailed a few of the local reporters who had written articles to ask them questions about what they wrote and they told me they were not "really" covering the case, just writing up the press conferences. I guess no one has investigative reporters these days.

OtherEyes

Reaction score
I just read an article about the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department releasing files regarding the arrest of the suspect in the Sierra Lamar case...

Sierra LaMar update: Documents Released, Searches Continue

Here is an excerpt from the article:

Thank you for posting this as I had not seen it yet. However this writer has it wrong. She states that
BBM
What's most interesting about the documents within this release is that the discoveries of evidence differs slightly from media reports. It was earlier reported that the bag and clothing belonging to Sierra were found in a field, but the fact of the matter is different. Sierra's belongings, along with DNA belonging to both her and Antolin Garcia-Torres, in an abandoned shed. That sheds more light on the possibilities of what happened to the young woman.

The documents she states she got this information from Does state what was previously reported by MSM. The released document "Statement of Facts" states that "Sierra's purse, school books and clothing were located near a shed in a field fewer than 2 miles from her home."BBM

That is why I believe that we need to be careful in reading the documents ourselves to get the facts as they are. When I first read her article I was thinking "So they found evidence IN the shed?" Clearly this was incorrect and had indeed been reported on correctly by MSM. I have read some of this writers other articles on other cases as they were brought to my the attention, but have found her to be too quick to write and sensationalize. However I do appreciate you posting this as it did give me a link to the document mentioned!:)

http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/GT_Statement_of_Facts.pdf

OtherEyes

Reaction score
Oh that article is by Hoffman who is not very accurate (as per her usual efforts). The statement of facts has been out awhile and it states it was found in a field near a shed, not in a shed as CH incorrectly extrapolates. There are screen shots of video of what is presumed to be the bag against the shed in prior threads. It is very old news.

Ozacure...I guess we were thinking the same thing! LOL:wink:
OK, I guess we all were!:seeya:

Tuba

Reaction score
This complaint asserts a forcible kidnapping & does not propose a luring. Skin fragments and other evidence will be supporting this charge. Malice aforethought is alleged in the murder. Use of a taser or stun gun lacks innocent explanation and goes to premeditation but it is only my belief that he resorted to such a weapon again.

To date, Len Ramirez for CBS has been accurate, including information he supplied about Sierra having worn the clothing found & about the other articles in her Juicy sac. He spoke directly to Sheriff Laurie Smith at her press conference & reported from what she told him.

Tuba

Reaction score
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Antolin-Garcia-Torres-Tied-to-2009-Assault-Sheriff-152745265.html

There are witness descriptions, police sketch and recovered Taser from the three Safeway assaults and this article again states that Morgan Hill police believe it was one man who committed all three. Det. Sgt. Troy Hoefling, MHPD, compiled all of the evidence in one of the cases & transferred it to the D.A., naming A.G.-T. Of course the m.o. shows commonality in all three assaults & the time frame was narrow. Only one victim reported use of a Taser.

rosesfromangels

Amateur speculations and opinion only
Reaction score
I don't think the police or DA is going to release anything they have on this case until trial - or when discovery is given to the defense... :maddening: unfortunately, not like Florida!

Also, rosesfromangels, didn't they tell you WHAT KIND of jewlery to look for when you went searching?? Strange, thought they would at least tell you "what" to look out for....:waitasec:

Oh, WHERE are you, Sierra!!??!! :dunno:

No, they did not tell us what *kind* of jewelry to look for. The woman who briefed my group said we weren't looking for a body (per se), but for any item(s) that might be related to Sierra. She emphasized *jewelry* a couple times in a manner that seemed to put weight or special importance around finding jewelry. That's all I know on that topic.

Tuba

Reaction score
One development a reporter could ask about would be the plan to prosecute the assault case first. Is that plan still in force? Possibly the alternate public defender objected since he was already coming from behind. It was mid-June when the murder-kidnap case was moved to his office.

rosesfromangels

Reaction score
One development a reporter could ask about would be the plan to prosecute the assault case first. Is that plan still in force? Possibly the alternate public defender objected since he was already coming from behind. It was mid-June when the murder-kidnap case was moved to his office.

There is a mountain of evidence with which to convict this Perp, and he is up against the best D.A.'s office in the nation. They have at their disposal the best minds in technology in the Silicon Valley who volunteer time, effort, and solutions to enable incredible science, with unbelievable accuracy. Look forward to a fascinating and incredible trial. AGT has less than a snow balls chance in ...., which is exactly where he is heading. If he has any brain cells at all, he will tell LE where the body is, and make it a little easier on himself.

Whisperer

Reaction score
I've been watching cases in San Mateo for some time, I can say Roses is correct about this area. People here hate crime more than anywhere else. Santa Clara and San Mateo are not good places for criminals.

There is one thing that would concern me though and that is the Southern tip of Santa Clara which includes Morgan Hill and Gilroy. The further South you go from San Francisco, the more different the culture. However, since the case is high profile and it involves Sierra, I don't think it will matter.

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Why is there no updates? =[ JusticeForSierra!!!
Because all is quiet in the D.A's office right now, they also have other things on their plate, like the trial of the guy who assaulted the priest who had molested him when he was young...

rosesfromangels

Reaction score
Because all is quiet in the D.A's office right now, they also have other things on their plate, like the trial of the guy who assaulted the priest who had molested him when he was young...

Last I heard that was sounding like a mistrial?

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Last I heard that was sounding like a mistrial?
No, they prevented a mistrial. The defense attorney was asking for one, but it was legal to have the priest testify, knowing he lied about the molestation.
There's been an update: The priest accused of molesting children has "pleaded the fifth." The judge has stricken his testimony and denials of abuse from the trial record. Three of the priest's alleged victims are no longer allowed to testify. And the man on trial for beating the priest he says raped him will be limited in what he can tell the jury when called to the witness stand. http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/priest-assault-trial-resumes-abuse-allegation/nPgXT/

cluciano63

Reaction score
There is no reason for LE to be talking about Sierra's case right now, other than the hopes of finding her. That seems to be what they need most from the public, as far as help.

rosesfromangels

Reaction score
There is no reason for LE to be talking about Sierra's case right now, other than the hopes of finding her. That seems to be what they need most from the public, as far as help.

If anyone helps find Sierra, it will be AGT's mother. She knows his habits, and his mind better than anyone. We are very predictable creatures, and his past habits can strongly help lead a path to Sierra. His mother must know, or have a very strong idea of where Sierra is. How difficult it must be for her to come forward with this type of information; but she is a good woman I can tell. She will do the right thing. Please pray for her.

Mox

Reaction score
It seems it would be easier to bury a body then to try to submerge a body in water.
Are the searchers looking for earth disturbances. i.e. Brown grass where everything else is green, dirt were everything else is brown, boulders out of place. With the weather so dry look for what is unnatural for the surrounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.