Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:please::please::please:let do not let this hearing be contiued. :please::please: lets get us some info on Sierra so her family can be in peace.

Carry over from the news thread:

Sierra LaMar murder suspect due back in court -

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8914132

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Short article at link

8627102_448x252.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166239&page=4

The judge ordered AGT back to court on Wednesday to plead on all the cases that have been incorporated into the Lamar case, per KTVU Noon News today.

update: AGT to have three other charges added tomorrow: the three attacks on other women, that is!

MORGAN HILL - Antolin Garcia-Torres, suspect in the kidnapping and murder of missing California teen Sierra LaMar, will be charged Wednesday in the alleged attacks on three women in 2009, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.

PICTURES: Arrest made in case of missing Calif. teen

According to CBS San Francisco, the district attorney's office Tuesday filed an amended complaint against Torres to include three separate counts of attempted kidnapping in the commission of a carjacking, Deputy District Attorney David Boyd said.

Santa Clara County Judge Jerome Nadler reportedly said Torres will be arraigned Wednesday in Superior Court on murder and kidnapping charges in the LaMar case and the other charges related to altercations with three women in Morgan Hill in 2009.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-will-be-charged-in-attacks-on-3-other-women/

So can he keep not pleading? i honestly don't get how this works ...

Oh..... I Hope! I Hope! I Hope that this "person" finally pleads today!!!

:please::please::please:

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...-man-suspected-killing-sierra-lamar-arraigned

Garcia Torres, who was in handcuffs during his five-minute appearance Wednesday, did not enter a plea to three felony counts of attempted kidnapping. Garcia Torres has not entered a plea yet on a charge that he murdered Sierra, who vanished March 16 on her way to a rural bus stop south of Bailey Road around the corner from her home in unincorporated Morgan Hill.

Just saw a clip on TV news - first time AGT seen since last spring. Looks very different - hair is grown out. But no plea, so hearing continued to early February 2013. I wish we knew why he keeps putting off pleading to his multiple charges. Do they think the public will forget?

Is his and his lawyer's plan to have him just continue to NOT make a plea for the rest of his life?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose??? Because he will still rot in jail???

What a mockery of our judicial system this poo-poo head and his lawyer are making!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

We need a lawyer here, desperately, to explain how long this non-plea BS can go on. I will try to contact AZ lawyer.

We need a lawyer here, desperately, to explain how long this non-plea BS can go on. I will try to contact AZ lawyer.

how many times has he done it now? iirc Melissa Huckaby did it 3-4 times before copping a plea

how many times has he done it now? iirc Melissa Huckaby did it 3-4 times before copping a plea

I think about the same, 3-4. But I want to know if there is a limit and what it is. This just seems unfair and ridiculous, not to mention expensive.

Back at the Sept 2012 hearing - "The prosecutor said the plea-entering hearing will most likely be delayed many times as Garcia-Torres' attorney needs time."

"Unlike judges in other counties who will ask for a plea by a certain time, Nadler will not require the defense to enter the plea by a specific date, he noted."

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/plea-entry-in-sierra-lamar-case-could-be-delayed-months

ETA: I wonder if one reason for allowing lots of no-pleas is to prevent any future conviction being appealed on the grounds that he needed more time... but at some point enough has got to be enough!

A criminal defense lawyer would know the answers. Unfortunately (for this case), I don't know of any. I can only offer California corporate and probate guidelines if I get verified, but then I haven't practiced law for some time, so not much help.

I too find this maddening. He and his lawyer are making a mockery of the Justice System.

What.. the... heck!!??

I understand that public defenders are overloaded and that he had a new one assigned, but 6 months is more than enough time to have reviewd AGT's case.

I hope we get answers soon about how many times he can pull this BS... there has to be a limit.

I feels so sorry for Sierra's family, who have to be crushed every time they see her murderer smug and side stepping the courts.

Lots of new searches is the answer, IMO-find Sierra and make one more link to this perp. Remind people to be searching, looking, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam