Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the place on Llagas? south of Middle ave? above the transfer station?

14245 Llagas Ave. was listed as the old residence.

I was on Martin ave. and noticed the Canal/creek running behind his old home street... He may have a buddy on that street. That street if full of rough looking homes too. Most all the other areas have nice homes. Even the city disposal site is located on that street.

All the other places we have searched have marker tags. I got out and walked part of it. No visable markers. It is very overgrown but I can put a small boat in it and make my way through it. She could have been put into the overgrowth.

Well, we now finally have a face and confirmed name of AGT's father.

Genaro Garcia
He was charged with 11 counts of lewd and lascivious acts, and three counts of aggravated sexual assault with a minor under 14

Genaro+Garcia.jpg

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Suspect-157859145.html

I'm still interested, it is just that a lot of us have discussed the case thoroughly with the evidence provided by LE and our takes on what happened. With no Sierra found and the perp not talking, things are at a standstill. My feeling is that AGT isn't talking because he is positive that Sierra will not be found and there is no urgency as she is no longer with us. I have no doubt, along with LE, that he is a lone perp and there is more than enough evidence to convict him for murder with special circumstances. At this point, AGT has nothing to lose by remaining silent.

Who knows, there may be other victims hidden along with Sierra.

BTW, what DOES a murderer look like? IQs of convicted serial killers range from 60 up to 150, so intelligence is not a requirement for these monsters to be successful... until they screw up. And most do. JMO.

Id want to see a gap in AGT's teeth to say he matches the sketch. Otherwise he wouldn't match at all.

What if he happened to have a piece of food stuck between his teeth at the time the person saw him? IDK just saying.

The suspect and his dad are sitting in jail together exchanging notes.

Machismo ... Handed down from father to son ... Always looking for the virgin girl. The Macho thing to do..
Always treating women less then human.
In Mexico this is quite a problem and it is well discussed in the media there.
jmho

14245 Llagas Ave. was listed as the old residence.

I was on Martin ave. and noticed the Canal/creek running behind his old home street... He may have a buddy on that street. That street if full of rough looking homes too. Most all the other areas have nice homes. Even the city disposal site is located on that street.

All the other places we have searched have marker tags. I got out and walked part of it. No visable markers. It is very overgrown but I can put a small boat in it and make my way through it. She could have been put into the overgrowth.

This is probably obvious, but disposal site=stench.... would that disguise decomp smell?

Sierra LaMar Suspect Lawyer Steps Down

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Suspect-157859145.html

"A source said that Mandel's conflict of interest arose because his office is representing Garcia-Torres' father, who is in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative."

Well, that makes sense of the no-plea plea. AGT's defender must have suspected there would be a conflict of interest and didn't want to start any clocks ticking when he thought he might not be carrying on with the case.

That's really interesting about the incidents in Gilroy, didn't they previously state they were unrelated to Sierra? or was that just the attempted abductions in san jose?

As an aside, there was an attempted abduction of an 11 year old on her way to school in the suburb next to mine this past week. He started by talking to her which she ignored, and then he grabbed her by the wrists and dragged her but she managed to resist and screamed and he gave up. I realised how many attempted abductions you hear of compared to successful ones. It doesn't seem like every perp must escalate else they'd be a lot more actual abductions. So just attempting must be satisfying enough for some, or perhaps off putting enough?? It'd be nice to think the reality of what they are doing makes an impression on them that causes them to stop.

While my 9yo doesn't walk to school and probably never will because of our circumstances, I went over with her what to do in a similar situation. Scream, and drop to the ground and kick, do whatever you can to prevent being picked up, make so much noise. But sadly I know in the end if a grown man wants to subdue someone smaller they can.

BBM

There's quite a learning curve involved in successfully abducting someone and I suspect that there are those who try it out and decide it's just too complicated. Just like any skill such as playing the piano; compare how many kids take piano lessons versus how many people make even a part time living on the keyboards.

I also think that there are actually very few perps out there who want to abduct anyone. It's a high drama situation, which attracts media attention but media attention usually correlates inversely with how common a given situation is.

The old "dog bites man, no story; man bites dog, headlines" thing.

This is probably obvious, but disposal site=stench.... would that disguise decomp smell?

I checked it out.
It is unique ... A facility that dumps it all out and seperates it on the moment, then all of the stuff is taken away to other places either for recycle or disposal. I looked around and did not see any piles of stuff anywhere and minimum of smell to speak of.
That is why it is located within a housing zone. But maybe even the minimum could throw off a search dog unless trained to do that kind of thing?

But the Canal/Creek I mentioned does run behind it.
I would assume it has been checked but I did find any evidence of it.

It is common to search areas many times.

Morning! Not confirmed but looks like AGT could possibly have more trouble from past incidents...

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/police-identify-suspect-in-july-and-aug-attempted-kidnappings

Orginal Article

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/at...wednesday-second-in-under-two-weeks-in-gilroy

Ok.. this just stuck out to me in the second article.. maybe nothing.. but kinda odd....

"The vehicle was described as a white two-door Honda from around 1990 with only the roof painted black. The vehicle was described as stock, with no tint after market wheels or modified exhaust. The vehicle was also described as being dirty."

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the "reader" that contacted them about the resemblance was a websleuths member. I think WS members are GREAT at sleuthing out new information. :rocker:

I layered the two images..using the eyes as a base.... This is the outcome..

di-N1ID.jpg

This resemblance is incredible. I added this to the case archive, I hope that's OK with you.

I searched through all the pics I have seen of AGT. Nothing that is clear showing his teeth or any gap. Maybe a chipped tooth that the kids thought was a gap.

Wait, so they changed his attorney because he worked for the same company as the attorney for his dad? Btw his dad looks nothing like him. I hope that it was some sort of a set up and the attorney found out what we wanted to know and now AGT is ****ed! LOL I wish it could be that way :/ But hopefully Sierra will come home soon. I've never ever got stuck on a case. No matter how bad it sounds we all know when ever something is on a TV and we hear about it we forget right away. But I really do have a feeling Sierra is alive.

Wait, so they changed his attorney because he worked for the same company as the attorney for his dad? Btw his dad looks nothing like him. I hope that it was some sort of a set up and the attorney found out what we wanted to know and now AGT is ****ed! LOL I wish it could be that way :/ But hopefully Sierra will come home soon. I've never ever got stuck on a case. No matter how bad it sounds we all know when ever something is on a TV and we hear about it we forget right away. But I really do have a feeling Sierra is alive.

Actually, a connection on the part of the defence lawyer to someone connected to the case is the commonest reason to drop a client. There shouldn't be just a lack of conflict of interest, there shouldn't even be the appearance of a conflict of interest. Caesar's wife and all that.

I cannot remember a single case where a lawyer was allowed to drop a client because the lawyer was convinced of the client's guilt.

I strongly suspect that any attempt to do so would earn a figurative bench face slapping. Everyone in the USA is entitled to an adequate defence. Everyone. Not just the ones who seem innocent or who have some appeal for the masses.

I would be so angry with a defence attorney who tried to wimp out that way. I'd be even more disappointed if their license to practice weren't yanked ASAP.

No one in this country is forced to become a lawyer. Those who choose it for a profession should be fully willing to bind themselves to the ethics of the profession.

Public Defenders are county employees who work for the same department. Since AGT's father is being represented by a SCPD for 13 counts (per NBC at 11pm news tonight) of sexual abuse, this is considered a conflict of interest. It is imperative that AGT has good representation so the case can't be re-tried or thrown out due to the attorney not properly representing AGT.

BTW, that drawing is a dead ringer for AGT, even down to the front teeth space from what I can tell from his booking photo. JMO.

Well, taking even a cursory look through the news headlines, let alone those of
The Business and Political sections, would indicate that attorneys who "bind themselves to the ethics of the Profession" might not be in the majority these days.
Either that, or the concept of " ethical behavior " in the legal profession
Might just need a reboot.
If you include Divorce lawyers in the the survey of those committed to ethical behavior, well, I think you might have
More holes than you have bucket.

This resemblance is incredible. I added this to the case archive, I hope that's OK with you.

I searched through all the pics I have seen of AGT. Nothing that is clear showing his teeth or any gap. Maybe a chipped tooth that the kids thought was a gap.

AGT appears to have a corner chipped off one front tooth. The young witnesses noticed that and may have referred to it as a gap. Considering the witnesses were not abducted but only harrassed it stands to reason they did not see the perp for an extended time period, perhaps a minute or maybe a few minutes. Their description was based on memory of a brief encounter with a stranger. Most such sketches tend to have a few minor deviations from the actual person. IMO the resemblance of this sketch to AGT is uncanny.

Young girls are amazing at identifying their assailants. I've never seen anything like it. Polly Klass's friends had ricard allen davis sketch out and it looked like a professional drawing that the artist could have drawn with him sitting there.

It is a well known fact that pre-pubescent females have a gift when it comes to describing criminals. They pay close attention to detail at that age. The clothes, face expressions, etc..nothing gets by them. Their heads aren't crowded with garbage. They are the only ones I would trust as an eye witness, other than someone in LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle