Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarx

sarx Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

Is it bad reporting on the "hour after she left her home" part? Why would she be leaving at 6 am? I thought that is when her Mom last saw her in her pj's?
    Help with clarification!

2. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

I want to TY for posting this...I was just curiuos, and do not think this has anything at all to do with any teenaged boys... I think Sierra probably accepted a ride from someone she saw often enough not to be wary of... Friend or aquaintance of a parent possibly...MOO Could be someone who lives in the cul de sac too...jmo.

3. taagean

taagean Active Member

BBM - Weren't Karen Swift's clothes found neatly folded close to her car?

4. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

Last seen was around 6:00 am. She didn't leave home at that time. She was texting (from home) at 6:29 am and a few minutes after 7:00 am.

5. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

The most exact timeline I know of said she left home at around 7:11 am.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/...a4bcf6878.html
    The teen usually starts walking from her home to catch the school bus between 7 and 7:10 a.m., police said. Her last post to her Twitter website account was 6:29 a.m., and she sent a text from her phone to a friend about 7:11 a.m., Cardoza added. Both messages were sent from her home.

6. jriedlinger

jriedlinger New Member

Okay, this has been bothering me. Wasn't there a possible sighting of Sierra by someone who knew her and that she had the purse with her and she was wearing boots? What day was that sighting and what day was the purse found?
    Maybe she did run away and read about the sighting and went back and dumped the purse to throw people off?
    I maybe off track here, but was wondering what days both things occurred.

7. katydid23

I don't really think it was teenagers either. I think they would be more likely to get her drunk at a party and assault her. But they do not need to kidnap young girls to have access to them. It is older, less appealing guys who need to use force in this way, imo.

8. terracotta

terracotta Active Member

Did anyone happen to read or see on video that she would normally bring her cell phone charger to school with her? They mention it in all the articles, I believe, as a clue that she didn't plan on running away. But did she normally bring it to school with her?

9. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

AND to add on http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

JOSTAD: Right. We do know that she had a pink and black purse with her, it was a Juicy brand purse. It had that word on it. However, we`re not sure exactly what she was wearing and that`s probably because her mom, her mom`s boyfriend, her sister all were out of the house before she was that morning.

So unfortunately we don`t have a description of her clothes, but they do believe she had that purse with her because it`s no longer in the home.

10. Patty G

Patty G Retired WS Staff

Is there a link to today's press conference? TIA

11. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Okay I have to leave. I'll try to check in on Sierra. I know that all of you will be on top of her case.

Take care my friends and may she come home safe and sound!

:seeya:

12. askfornina

askfornina Well-Known Member

I'll be transcribing this tonight. Just finished catching up..I'll be updating the timeline as fast as I can, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

Here is a link to the timeline so far:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #1

13. HarryDresden

HarryDresden New Member

This article details the exact contents of the purse (and reasons why they delayed releasing it):

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_0af81c68-a1ac-57b8-ab1b-a3f250835760.html

Purse contents: pants, t-shirt, underwear, neatly folded, and nothing else -- "not makeup, a wallet or hair brush"

Also, police do NOT believe the purse contents are indicative of a runaway.

14. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

15. katydid23

BBM

THANK GOODNESS. One pair of jeans and a t-shirt does not mean she was running away. I am so happy they can see that too. I am very very worried about this outcome though.

16. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Still, she must have had another bag of some sort. No way she left the house with a bag containing ONLY a change of clothes. They just have not found it yet, or it is still in the vehicle that she left in, IMO (whether voluntarily or by force.)

17. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

Don't know about less appealing.. I think sexual predators are all about absolute control of their victims. not so much a sexual thing, sex is just a way for them to exert that control. But its just MOO. I would be really surprised if this was a total stranger...MOO

18. Sassynic

Sassynic Loves Sleuthing

I agree that the "running away" theory has some holes. If she was planning anything, it looks as if it was a "skip day" or "stay one night" with someone that possibly went terribly wrong. The big hole in that theory is the fact that I don't think there has been any mention of any suspicious contact with someone on her phone or computer.

If she was going to spend the day with someone, they would have had to communicate and so far everyone she chatted with that morning has been accounted for, correct?

Wow. The more I think about this case, the weirder and scarier it becomes. The only other theory that makes sense is someone she did not know abducted her. She had a change of clothes maybe for something she was planning to do after school.

19. calamityjane831

calamityjane831 Verified registered nurse

That is what I thought also yesterday when I was driving around that area and from where the phone was found and now the purse being found even more confirms is IMHO of course.

20. Cazzie

Cazzie This is love

I'm very concerned that she may have been targeted for the sex trade industry (hate to even think it, let alone type it). Beautiful young girl with Asian features...she even had a tweet or 2 about Asian features being perfect (paraphrasing, she was obviously joking with someone).

Altho that comment could also tie in to the theory of jealous peers, etc..

Regarding the urine (hate to discuss this, too)...but I wonder if the urine is hers? Surely LE knows. I could imagine someone else doing something out of disrespect/rage to her belongings.

Just brainstorming...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.