Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have carried a smaller purse with her make-up and things, and the bag that was found was for her clothes? Doesn't explain why that bag was tossed, but it could explain why nothing else was in it. Maybe the smaller purse has yet to be found.

If her wallet is not at her house i'd think that it's very likely. Also, If she had spare clothes i'd think she'd have makeup and a hairbrush too. I imagine it's somewhere along the same road waiting to be found

Do we know anything about her mom's bf? Does he have an alibi? We are spending a lot of time on her bio-dad but I'm also curious about her mom's live-in bf.

Did her father have legal custody, or did Sierra just live him to attend her school?

I am not sure. But reportedly she and her sister both lived with him previously. And she lived with him until she moved to MH with her mother and the boyfriend last October.

It just seems odd that a mom would allow her ex, a registered sex offender of young girls, to live alone with the 2 daughters. IMO anyway.

Actually, it was 2009 that he was charged for three victims. I am not saying he was guilty of this kidnapping, but I do have some questions about this.

He was charged with 12 felony counts for three young victims in 2009. So how the heck did he have custody of his two daughters after the divorce?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ra-Lamar-reveals-registered-sex-offender.html

'I understand the stigma associated with this in my background, and I assure everyone it is not connected in any way to my daughter's disappearance,' Steve Lamar said in a statement to the San Fransisco Chronicle.
According to court records, he was charged in March 2009 with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children younger than 14.

Thanks Katydid. I don't think he had anything to do with her disappearance either. But I do question who was around Sierra in that Hotel he was recently living in.

I hate stereotyping people, but RSO's are a different breed. They tend to associate with those like themselves. I think it would be short sighted not to look at all aspects of Sierra's life and who she was exposed to.

Do we know anything about her mom's bf? Does he have an alibi? We are spending a lot of time on her bio-dad but I'm also curious about her mom's live-in bf.

At this point he has been cleared and has an alibi as he left for work at 6 am and there are witnesses to that.

It is hard for me to believe that it could have been THREE victims, even though some have reported so. How would he only do 8 months if it were three little girls. [ Even though it often is that light of a sentence.]

But I do not get why he had custody of his two daughters after this history of felonious sexual abuse of minors?

I dunno about the sentencing :( It could be that little ... but it seems unlikely to me that a prosecutor would drop 11 other charges and let him plea to only one if it was THREE little girls.

I ALSO think the year matters?
It if were 2007 that he was convicted and released 2008. Retaliation NOW seems unlikely.
If it were 2009 and he was released 2010 it makes it seem more like a possibility.

Did her father have legal custody, or did Sierra just live with him to attend her school?

I got the impression from this article that she lived primarily with her Mother and had recently changed schools. Not sure about custody though I haven't heard any confirmation of that, although it would appear that she had previously lived with her Dad.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

"Forensic tests and the family confirmed that these items belong to the 15-year-old girl who has not been seen since leaving for class at Sobrato High School early Friday morning.

Sierra lived in Fremont and attended Washington High School until this year when she and her mother moved to Morgan Hill. Students and teachers at both schools have helped in the search and have posted hundreds of missing person signs around the Bay Area."

I got the impression from this article that she lived primarily with her Mother and had recently changed schools. Not sure about custody though I haven't heard any confirmation of that, although it would appear that she had previously lived with her Dad.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

"Forensic tests and the family confirmed that these items belong to the 15-year-old girl who has not been seen since leaving for class at Sobrato High School early Friday morning.

Sierra lived in Fremont and attended Washington High School until this year when she and her mother moved to Morgan Hill. Students and teachers at both schools have helped in the search and have posted hundreds of missing person signs around the Bay Area."

She does live with her mother now. But previous articles said she lived with her father last year in Fremont, and moved in October with her Mother to MH.

What was she wearing when she took a picture of herself with her phone that morning? I haven't seen the pic. but I read that she took one for her Mother. Did she have on pjs or day clothes?

I dunno about the sentencing :( It could be that little ... but it seems unlikely to me that a prosecutor would drop 11 other charges and let him plea to only one if it was THREE little girls.

I ALSO think the year matters?
It if were 2007 that he was convicted and released 2008. Retaliation NOW seems unlikely.
If it were 2009 and he was released 2010 it makes it seem more like a possibility.

But it does make me wonder now. Maybe it was initially THREE victims who came forward. But they are young witnesses. So he says he will plead guilty to ONE of the cases in exchange for dropping the others. And perhaps the state did that because they didnt want the other girls to testify and maybe didnt think they would be reliable enough because of their ages.

So some reports are going to say ONE victim because that is all he was ultimately charged with. But MAYBE there were two more girls. And if so, those family members may have been the ones who want revenge now. Since he was never charged and now he is free to raise his own daughters. I would be really curious to see how his victims are doing now. If my daughter had been abused by a friends father, and he was not charged, and my daughter was in rehab for heroin d few years later---:furious::furious:

Just want to make sure that we keep this in mind. LE says that the Mom, Father and BF are cooperating.

CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #1 - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

snipped from mrsu's post one last thread (linked directly above)

“The entire family has fully cooperated with our agency,” Smith said. “All of the family (mother, father, Gardiner) have alibis and can be accounted for at the time Sierra went missing.”

But, LE hasn't said that they are cleared. I know that sounds like I'm nitpicking lol. But---cleared is a term that LE will use sometimes and they didn't in this case. They said the above.

Which in my mind, puts those 3 on the very bottom of the list, but doesn't take them off of it completely. I just don't speculate about them right now. Plus Mom has asked M. Klaas foundation to help so that pretty much makes them the very last case scenario that I would ponder when thinking of what happened to Sierra. But, because I'm a PIA sometimes with things, and it's just me, I want to hear LE say outright that a person close to a case is cleared and is not suspect or POI or etc.

Just me and my peculiar ways :)

What was she wearing when she took a picture of herself with her phone that morning? I haven't seen the pic. but I read that she took one for her Mother. Did she have on pjs or day clothes?

It has been said this happened the day before, not the day she disappeared.

I haven't read in MSM that she lived with her dad. I might have missed it but I did hear on NG that he had visitation. But I haven't seen anywhere yet that she had resided with her father.

Just want to make sure that we keep this in mind. LE says that the Mom, Father and BF are cooperating.

CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #1 - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

snipped from mrsu's post one last thread (linked directly above)

But, LE hasn't said that they are cleared. I know that sounds like I'm nitpicking lol. But---cleared is a term that LE will use sometimes and they didn't in this case. They said the above.

Which in my mind, puts those 3 on the very bottom of the list, but doesn't take them off of it completely. I just don't speculate about them right now. Plus Mom has asked M. Klaas foundation to help so that pretty much makes them the very last case scenario that I would ponder when thinking of what happened to Sierra. But, because I'm a PIA sometimes with things, and it's just me, I want to hear LE say outright that a person close to a case is cleared and is not suspect or POI or etc.

Just me and my peculiar ways :)
Right now mom and her bf are at the very bottom of my list of suspects.

But Dad, I still have some questions. Not about him personally harming Sierra. But I worry about some of his associates. He was very involved in her life. But he lived in a hotel and may live around other RSO's. Did one of them become interested in her?

I haven't read in MSM that she lived with her dad. I might have missed it but I did hear on NG that he had visitation. But I haven't seen anywhere yet that she had resided with her father.

I did read an article saying that. I will go and find it. brb

eta:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL

Investigators have questioned more than 50 of Sierra's friends at Sobrato High, where she is a sophomore, and Washington High School in Fremont, which she attended until she moved in with her mother in October. Before that, she lived with her father.

But it does make me wonder now. Maybe it was initially THREE victims who came forward. But they are young witnesses. So he says he will plead guilty to ONE of the cases in exchange for dropping the others. And perhaps the state did that because they didnt want the other girls to testify and maybe didnt think they would be reliable enough because of their ages.

So some reports are going to say ONE victim because that is all he was ultimately charged with. But MAYBE there were two more girls. And if so, those family members may have been the ones who want revenge now. Since he was never charged and now he is free to raise his own daughters. I would be really curious to see how his victims are doing now. If my daughter had been abused by a friends father, and he was not charged, and my daughter was in rehab for heroin d few years later---:furious::furious:

I have a really hard time swallowing that a prosecutor would let him plea no contest to one charge knowing the sentencing was going to be light in that situation if he had indeed molested THREE little girls. I know that sometimes things are done so girls don't have to testify, etc. but the thought that a prosecutor and the families of the girls would allow all those charges to drop ..... makes me queasy and hoppin' mad :maddening:.

I agree, I hope LE is checking into possible retaliation against her dad by one of the victims families. It's certainly possible.

Bolded by me.

Not discounting this at all. But to me it would be easier to make him disappear. KWIM? Go after him rather than one of his daughters.

Of course people can be illogical and do bizarre acts---we see that everyday.

But I would think any lingering resentment would be focused on the perp rather than the family members. KWIM?

Just speculating too :)

Right now mom and her bf are at the very bottom of my list of suspects.

But Dad, I still have some questions. Not about him personally harming Sierra. But I worry about some of his associates. He was very involved in her life. But he lived in a hotel and may live around other RSO's. Did one of them become interested in her?

I agree. Any associates or aquaintances or co-workers of the three could be on the list. Because that means they could have had access to or access to information about Sierra.

I just now saw an article that stated it was on the same day. But all of the previous articles said the day before.

But it couldn't have been the same day because her mom has said that Sierra was in PJ's at 6 am when mom left for work that morning. And in the picture she was dressed and outside on the way to school.

You've got me thinking...the jumper in the picture seems to have a picture of a shark on it and her mum said when she first went missing that she may have been wearing a jumper similar. I think she gave the make of the jumper but I assumed as there was a shark in the name that it was the same jumper. Surely it wouldn't be difficult to rule out whether she did have this jumper by looking through her wardrobe?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998