Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by bessie, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinsbythesea

cinsbythesea Well-Known Member

Two weeks today. I cannot even imagine how her mother is getting through each day. Agonizing. I am really hoping the handcuff box and the used condoms have nothing to do with Sierra. It just sickens me to think that it might and what she is enduring. :(

2. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to your report from your sleuthing in Morgan Hill when you get back!:seeya:

3. OldSteve

OldSteve Well-Known Member

BBM
    Reminds me so much of what took place in Holly Bobo's case - all the searching around the immediate area of her home and all they found was her cell phone and lunch box... and now just days away from the 1-year anniversary.
    Link to Holly's
    TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

4. Cuoco7

Cuoco7 Well-Known Member

5. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

If someone went to the trouble to use condoms to prevent their DNA from revealing their identity, then why would they leave those behind in the open? It would be very easy to throw them in a bag and toss in the nearest wastebasket.

6. jessieann

jessieann Member

I have a hard time believing she walked anywhere... especially since we have not heard anyone come out and say that they saw her walking that morning.... I dont think any perps would be stupid enough to make her walk anywhere handcuffed, in daylight.... JMO moo

7. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

8. 90Nine

90Nine New Member

Did they say they were actually used? I don't recall. I don't think they would know unless they have already done forensics on them.

9. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

10. 90Nine

90Nine New Member

This is totally false reporting. They don't know if they were used until they get the results back from the crime lab. If it is a prank (which I don't think it is) then they could have just been opened and thrown out there.

11. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Ummmm.....it is entirely possible to see if it was used before any crime lab results come back, imo. Unless of course someone staged it to look used.

12. LisaB

LisaB Well-Known Member

ITA. In my experience, a used condom contains fluid, while an unused condom does not. JMO.

13. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

If these items are connected to Sierra's case then used condoms might provide a genetic profile of the offender and they can be analzyed to determine if they also have Sierra's DNA on them too. JMHO

If they are connected. LE could possibly have a little piece of Mr. Perp that would nail his feet to the floor in a courtroom. So to speak.

Just checking in! I'll be back for sure on Tuesday of next week to read and catch up! :)

14. 90Nine

90Nine New Member

Sometimes these guys get off on the media attention.

I don't think that is the case here though.

15. 90Nine

90Nine New Member

I guess I would expect them to say 'condoms that contained fluid'. Or condoms that 'appear to be used'. JMO :)

Because that is really stupid to leave used condoms out in the open. I imagine there would be fingerprints as well. I see it being difficult to rig up a condom with gloves on :) Hopefully the rain would not compromise the evidence.

16. xlm13

xlm13 New Member

17. shana

shana Well-Known Member

(snipped, bolding mine)

Thank you. This quote supports my contention that this info was leaked and therefore LE had to respond to it.

Welcome to WS, good to have you here posting with us on this case! :-D

Also, to add to thread discussion just above, a used condom might not contain fluid anymore but it is not in a package (fwiw).

18. OldSteve

OldSteve Well-Known Member

Thanks for the news link and :welcome: to WS

19. 90Nine

90Nine New Member

I just think it's better practice to say 'they appear to be' or something like that, then actually committing to the public that they were used. Not sure why this is bothering me lol ::doh::

20. shana

shana Well-Known Member

I know what you mean! <g>

I guess my expectations of what the media prints are, well, not held to a very high standard anymore. Inaccuracies abound!

Take, for example, my link last night about the house on Scheller. It was pointed-out to me that this was old news but the article I linked was dated yesterday. Another kind poster pointed-out that the links it contained went to older articles (I hadn't checked); but as I am sure we are all aware, the media will often run with a new development in the story opening then fill the rest of the article with exactly the same words/paragraphs used in older articles.

~jmo~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.