Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by bessie, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CALSAR

CALSAR Verified Expert

In my view, the condoms are a good sign!

if in fact they do have any connection to Sierra.

The Handcuff box is a worry, but not necessarily a sign of the worst that may have happened.

I won't detail my thoughts because they are just an opinion.

The clothing being folded is a good sign as well!

IMO

2. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

BBM: Did I miss something? Who saw Sierra leave for school at 6am?

3. shana

shana Well-Known Member

Thank you.

This article says the box was "marked" handcuffs, then goes on to say:

The box, which was used to ship handcuffs by an unknown manufacturer, was empty,

MercuryNews

4. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

No one that we know of. I think that is poor reporting. It should say that Sierra was last seen at 6 am before leaving her house. Period. Her mom saw her at 6. We have not heard of a witness coming forward to say they saw her leave the house.

5. HarryDresden

HarryDresden New Member

Incorrect. It was a manufacturer's box. It was probably something like one of these:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HANDCUFFS-NICKLE-PLATED-DOUBLE-LOCK-2-KEYS-NEW-BOX-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$%28KGrHqYOKi4E5s-l87i%29BOj7U90Zc!~~60_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HWC-Black-Finish-Steel-Handcuffs-one-key-box-designed-offical-police-use-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$%28KGrHqJHJEoE88d-ioFgBPdMoHThkQ~~60_12.JPG

6. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

7. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

Thank you, that's what I thought, but sometimes things move fast and I miss a nugget of new info. You would think reporters would try a little harder to "get it done right" wouldn't you?

8. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

Moo is that "if" its accurate/true that the area the handcuffs and condoms were found HAD ALREADY BEEN SEARCHED 5TIMES PREVIOUS TO THESE 3ITEMS BEING LOCATED..IF THAT'S TRUE MOO IS THEY ARE VERY LIKELY NOT CONNECTED.. and were not there when the 5previous searches were done.. 1..maybe even 2searches I could believe these items were OVERLOOKED...but 5searches I find it to be extremely unlikely.. jmo, tho!

9. shana

shana Well-Known Member

YES! imo, reporting has become abysmal in the past decade or so.

I remember back in the JBR Days (JonBenet Ramsey case), it wasn't like this. Back then, some sleuthers such as moi were more concerned about distinguishing published facts (media) from fiction (posters' theories). At least we could rely on most media reports to be accurate when we speculated.

And in this case, there is a difference of some significance in the type of box that was found, whether a shipping/packing box or one made by an off-brand manufacturer, etc.

~jmo~

10. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

Hi 90Nine!
    I think I get your point, and I agree with it.
    I think you are saying that reported information should be based in fact, and should be qualified if not. (i.e. "It appears that a Bigfoot may have been at this location because there are abnormally big footprints in the mud...instead of, "A Bigfoot was at this location because there are abnormally large footprints in the mud".:python:

11. T4Tide

T4Tide Verified Registered Nurse

Sierra's situation isn't funny at all, but I can only imagine this guy... maybe single, maybe not... who had a little tryst on his lunch hour and keeps cringing and ducking his head every time he hears on the news about the handcuffs and condoms. lol Someone could have had some extramarital fun and had to dispose of the evidence. It could and could not have anything to do with Sierra. And man, I bet he is wishing he had thrown his stuff out in a different location! He's gonna be sweating bullets if they get his DNA and start looking for him... and he's just some dude cheating on his wife with his secretary. :floorlaugh:

12. 90Nine

90Nine New Member

Yes, exactly :) I don't know why it bothered me so much lol :angel:

13. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

This article also reports that, "The following day the sheriff's office found a purse and a backpack containing clothing...."

I don't remember hearing that information from LE, either.

14. GrainneDhu

GrainneDhu Verified Expert

It was reported that over 600 volunteers turned out to search.

Think of any group of 600 people. I can't think of a single group that doesn't have at least one gossipy person in it, if not more.

Reporters are generally very good at getting people to talk; they have to be or they don't keep their jobs for long.

Put one gossipy searcher with one persuasive reporter and the promise not to reveal the searcher's name... what I get is a strong possibility that a searcher witnessed the find, heard about it from other searchers or made it up out of whole cloth, then told the reporter. No name, no accountability.

As for how close the reporters can get, it depends on how effective LE is at keeping them away. And that depends on how large an area they are searching, whether it has a secure perimeter, etc. Just look at some of the search pictures in the media! It's clear that photographers are getting pretty darn close to at least some of the search areas.

15. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

We talked about the article full of bad info yesterday....Huffington Post has low standards, at least for crime writers, as they are also using Chelsea H. of gather "fame" although this one is not hers...

16. shana

shana Well-Known Member

Thanks! Snipped for brevity.

Yup...and so, my theory that LE did not initiate this report.

Two weeks today. :-( The porch light is still on for her, but dimming.

~jmo~

17. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

Raaaaa. Haaaahahahahahhahahhah! Hhahaha! ![​IMG]..love it GrannieDhu!! You are correct you are by far NOT alone...hheehe! :giggle:

18. cardassianvole

cardassianvole New Member

I've been thinking similarly! Except, I have been picturing some TOTALLY PANICKED (and innocent!) teenage boy, sitting in his room watching the news in silence knowing that those things were his, and knowing how humiliated he would be if/when his secret shenanigans are out in the public....and yes, wishing that he'd chosen another location for his activities :p

19. Psychic Sleuth

Psychic Sleuth Well-Known Member

What I was thinking is what if it's someone whose DNA is in the PD's database and they know it, but they had nothing to do with Sierra going missing. They would be freaking out right about now! And have some splaining to do. If it were just condoms I would think no biggie, but the handcuffs thing is a little bothersome. NOT that some people don't like to get a little freaky....in a field no less.

20. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/artic...cle_7c6db954-ae30-543a-8ee7-8a38eace06bb.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.