CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by nursebeeme, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

new thread for Sierra

2. Loading...

3. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

[​IMG]

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
    Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.
    No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
    Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
    Social Networks
    ...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8

4. gaetanosleuth408

gaetanosleuth408 New Member

Glad somebody asked about the cats being fed at the purse site... as I forgot to post this picture for you folks. Big pile of food in front of momma.

Attached.

Attached Files:

5. Skully

Skully New Member

On the last thread someone posted a pic of the distance of where the bag was found to where the road was, and it is about 15 ft, correct? If the person placed the bag there, did anyone notice if there were tire marks showing that the car parked off to the side and then someone walked over to the building and "set" the bag in that place in that position? Or was there any indication they drove off road to the spot and put the bag there. I am not convinced it was tossed!

6. OldSteve

OldSteve New Member

Does Sierra like cats? Could have been a ruse to take her there...
    Also, if signs that cats are being feed - possible witness(s)

7. gaetanosleuth408

Yes, there were tire tracks everywhere, even through some of the thick growth. Probably from LE, passer-bys turning around after realizing its a dead end, or people like me who are too curious and end up checking it out and leaving a tire mark while turning around. It's been kind of muddy.

8. BeginnersLuck

BeginnersLuck New Member

So is that cat food in front of the cat? The orange spot? The cat doesn't appear to be very afraid of you. Usually ferel cats run and hide.

9. mck16

mck16 New Member

I was wondering the same Bern and that is why I asked how far away it was. Also how was Sierra being restrained if in fact they did stop and got out to place the bag. Guess they could of drug her along if she was still with them at that point. jmo

Also who found the phone and bag? Was it searchers or LE?

10. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

wow!!! What a good picture! That cat is saying, "back away from the meow mix, b****" :lol:

11. OldSteve

OldSteve New Member

Nice looking Siamese cats - thanks for pix - ferral colonies I've seen were never that pure bred looking, usually all sorts of mix.... interesting...
    wonder if any cute kittens - again could be a lure if a person is a cat lover like me.

12. mck16

mck16 New Member

In my condos we had ferral cats everywhere. I liked them because they would keep down rodents, snakes, etc. But, there was a lady who insisted upon feeding them. She would go out at night and leave food all over the property for them. Not against them being fed, but I did want them to do their natural job and hunt. Maybe the perp knows this area because he feeds the cats or something. just a thought.

13. gaetanosleuth408

Thought the same when I stumbled upon them! They weren't visible from the road. The momma cat was giving me "the eye" though as if they would run on if I made one more move, so I just took a quick photo of them and walked away. Somebody seems to be taking care of them periodically.

14. OldSteve

OldSteve New Member

Would show they are used to human contact and being fed...
    ETA: might even be a cat rescue group looking after them....

15. Cazzie

Cazzie This is love

Did you bring the food? ;) Just a good-natured joke. Thanx for all the pix! :hug:

I agree with OldSteve...the cats could have been used as a ruse...and whomever was/is feeding the feral cats could be important witnesses.

Send a tip in, gaetano!

16. BeginnersLuck

BeginnersLuck New Member

Aww, I didn't see those cute kittens the first time I looked at the photo. Maybe someone started feeding them after they were discovered by the search?

I do think it is very possible that the perp has been to this location before. I'm not so convinced this was a organized abduction.

17. deanna82437

deanna82437 The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty o

Originally Posted by Wendy101
    quote/Have they checked over that mucky pond with the cadaver dogs??
    Would cadaver ER pick up through the muck?\unquote

Glad you asked that, Wendy .. that pond has been a feeling I've had as well, due to the proximity of the found purse/bag.

18. BeginnersLuck

BeginnersLuck New Member

In the photobucket pictures there is some of what I think is the same pond after they found the purse. It looks as though, at that time, the water level was low enough it may not conceal a body. Or, LE could have drained it and that's why it was low.

19. Lovebug

Lovebug New Member

Yes, Sierra liked cats! In a couple of pictures she's seen with her kitty... little orange one!

Thanks for the photo gaetano! The mama cat is pretty and definitely has her evil eye on you!

20. BeginnersLuck

BeginnersLuck New Member

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not sure how deep these things are. Here is a photo of the "pond" http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...20%20-CA-/?action=view&current=032212s-96.jpg

FYI - I'm not positive it's the same pond. The pics were close to other ones in that area though.

21. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I think she even said her cat was her valentine this year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.